Political morality and the Left/Right Divide

Argus

When you learn how to comprehend words that are strung together in a certain order, you'll see that I have never at any time expressed fear in what Trump has said. To the contrary, I'm arguing that if we aren't afraid of the mexicans, when will tell them no or deport them, then there seems to be no reason to fear the muslims, but the press and the left wing politicians are doing just that - campaigning on fear.

Here's a quote from "eyeball" - I don't know where he go such a silly idea but...."It seems pretty clear to me that Trump's policies will actually make the US more dangerous not less safe."

Who says "we" are afraid of Mexicans less than Muslim's? Maybe check and see who carry out the (much) higher proportion of crimes in the US. Trump has done his best to insult both though.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some Americans want to build a wall on the northern border as well...so what ? If that gets votes, then it is a good idea to say such things. Will Canadians rage with anger because they can't cross the border to buy cheaper gas and cigarettes, making the USA "less safe" ?

The United States is not some giant economic theme park for anybody in the world to just waltz into whenever they feel like it.

Some Americans want to build a wall on the northern border as well...so what ? If that gets votes, then it is a good idea to say such things. Will Canadians rage with anger because they can't cross the border to buy cheaper gas and cigarettes, making the USA "less safe" ?

The United States is not some giant economic theme park for anybody in the world to just waltz into whenever they feel like it.

It's kind of like a theme park, and a bit of a scary one with the likes of Trump and Cruz vying to run it, but I doubt you'll find too many Merikuns who don't want our trade, so I wouldn't buy shares in a fence company anytime soon. We aren't raging, we are chuckling though, and tuning in nowadays to daytime tv from the US with the same frequency you seem to think we always do, to see what the latest little skits those boys have come up with now.

Who says "we" are afraid of Mexicans less than Muslim's? Maybe check and see who carry out the (much) higher proportion of crimes in the US. Trump has done his best to insult both though.

Who says? I just told you who - WoW!

And, BTW - If that stat is true, it makes it even stranger that the media and lefties are pushing the fear card in regards to Trump's statements about muslims.

Whatever way you try to spin it, the fact is; these people are campaigning on the fear of muslims through Trump.

Who says? I just told you who - WoW!

And, BTW - If that stat is true, it makes it even stranger that the media and lefties are pushing the fear card in regards to Trump's statements about muslims.

Whatever way you try to spin it, the fact is; these people are campaigning on the fear of muslims through Trump.

Trump set the stage for whatever "fear card" you seem to be trying to push, so in fact perhaps they are campaigning on the fear of Trump through Muslims.

Trump set the stage for whatever "fear card" you seem to be trying to push, so in fact perhaps they are campaigning on the fear of Trump through Muslims.

You really are not understanding the situation are you? I always thought you acted like this to illicit some negative response, but no! You're really out there aren't you?

You really are not understanding the situation are you? I always thought you acted like this to illicit some negative response, but no! You're really out there aren't you?

I quite understand your situation: you are trying to blame the media for Trump's silliness, and the backlash it stirred among the public. Nice try, but no cigar.

Trump is an example - he's incidental. I used many examples, but that's all they are - examples to show a point.

The point that obviously you not getting is this...OK, This is the point; The right wing politicians are always blamed for using fear tactics, however the democrats, media (and in Canada the NDP and Liberals) are using fear tactics to garner votes for their side also. You just don't see it.

And, in reading your posts, you really don't see it - not even a tiny bit.

Trump is an example - he's incidental. I used many examples, but that's all they are - examples to show a point.

The point that obviously you not getting is this...OK, This is the point; The right wing politicians are always blamed for using fear tactics, however the democrats, media (and in Canada the NDP and Liberals) are using fear tactics to garner votes for their side also. You just don't see it.

And, in reading your posts, you really don't see it - not even a tiny bit.

Trump is a classic example of the right wing resorting to another round of fear tactics.(fear god, fear people who fear god, just vote for us and we'll keep ya safe). You don't seem to get that the media reporting it came after the fact, not before. Or do you think the media wrote Trump's xenophobe speech for him?

Trump is a classic example of the right wing resorting to another round of fear tactics.(fear god, fear people who fear god, just vote for us and we'll keep ya safe). You don't seem to get that the media reporting it came after the fact, not before. Or do you think the media wrote Trump's xenophobe speech for him?

Good god man!

You're exhausting, you really are. Ive never seen somebody intentionally miss the point as much as you do - it's gotta be intentional.

I'm sure your lack of comprehension is not intentional, but let me be clear in as simplistic way as I can, guys like Trump want you to be afraid so they suggest things like building fences and slamming the door on certain colored people. The media,whether they be MSNBC, or Fox news reporting it are just doing their jobs.

I'm sure your lack of comprehension is not intentional, but let me be clear in as simplistic way as I can, guys like Trump want you to be afraid so they suggest things like building fences and slamming the door on certain colored people. The media,whether they be MSNBC, or Fox news reporting it are just doing their jobs.

Hey, i get that calling republicans "racist" "hateful" and "bigoted" is in the first paragraph of the manual and I accept that, but we're not talking about that, that has never been my point or something that I'll argue right here. Lets go back to the point of the left wingers using fear.

Read this and tell me why Hillary makes this statement

I think for weeks, you know, you and everybody else were just bringing folks to hysterical laughter and all of that,” Clinton told the host. “But now he has gone way over the line. And what he’s saying now is not only shameful and wrong – it’s dangerous.”

Trump’s rhetoric was harming the nation’s ability to fight the rise of the Islamic State, feeding the group “propaganda” it could use to recruit, Clinton said.

“This latest demand that we not let Muslims into the country really plays right into the hands of the terrorists,” she said.

“I don’t say that lightly, but it does. He is giving them a great propaganda tool, a way to recruit more folks from Europe and the United States. And because it’s kind of crossed that line, I think everybody and especially other Republicans need to stand up and say ‘Enough, you’ve gone too far.’”

Hey, i get that calling republicans "racist" "hateful" and "bigoted" is in the first paragraph of the manual and I accept that, but we're not talking about that, that has never been my point or something that I'll argue right here. Lets go back to the point of the left wingers using fear.

Read this and tell me why Hillary makes this statement

I think for weeks, you know, you and everybody else were just bringing folks to hysterical laughter and all of that,” Clinton told the host. “But now he has gone way over the line. And what he’s saying now is not only shameful and wrong – it’s dangerous.”

Trump’s rhetoric was harming the nation’s ability to fight the rise of the Islamic State, feeding the group “propaganda” it could use to recruit, Clinton said.

“This latest demand that we not let Muslims into the country really plays right into the hands of the terrorists,” she said.

“I don’t say that lightly, but it does. He is giving them a great propaganda tool, a way to recruit more folks from Europe and the United States. And because it’s kind of crossed that line, I think everybody and especially other Republicans need to stand up and say ‘Enough, you’ve gone too far.’”

Because she is correct, and because she can make some political points against Trump for his xenophobia. It is leading up to an election after all.

Let's go back to when Gen Power showed weapons of mass destruction before the invasion of Iraq. When I saw the pictures he showed, at the UN, I knew it wasn't true and those pictures were from Desert Storm and its news/ info. like this, that creates distrust in the news and government, at least , in todays people in government. Same goes to 9/11, the killing of the Kennedy bros., John jr. etc.

Here's a quote from "eyeball" - I don't know where he go such a silly idea but...."It seems pretty clear to me that Trump's policies will actually make the US more dangerous not less safe."

His policies are aggressive and violent and will cause America to be the bigger threat to the world, not the other way around.

/facepalm

It's Trump's hate tactics that are at issue here. You don't get that do you?

Dude, I made my point 3 pages ago, and you guys are arguing against my point. I think I know the point I was making. You want to try and change the point without addressing what I said because you seem to have no retort for my initial (and only) point. That is; the use of fear tactics by the left. Address or not (you won't), I don't care.

You want to try and change the point without addressing what I said because you seem to have no retort for my initial (and only) point. That is; the use of fear tactics by the left. Address or not (you won't), I don't care.

Of course left-wing parties use fear tactics, everyone in politics does.

Politicians like Trump and Harper also like to pile on the loathing and the sort of people they pander to can't seem to lap it up fast enough.

Edited by eyeball