Islamophobia in Canada

1 minute ago, Goh Shenas said:

They are all brainwashed. Moderate or extremists. It just takes one fuse to detonate another bomb. Fancy having one in Toronto?

Don't confuse my Devil's Advocacy as support for Islam.  

7 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

They claim so. You do realize you're just harping on the acceptable casualties argument, yourself...I hope.

Even if only 1%-2% of Muslims....as a figure...are murderous...the cult should be given a pass. The majority aren't murderous after-all. We just have no way of telling which "moderate" will stop being "moderate" and splatter your kid across a stadium. But that's not their fault....of course not.

No, that's completely wrong.  I am most definitely not doing that. You've read my posts in the past.  Islam has no bigger critic.  But there is no point in being one of the swastika tattooed mouth breathers who give liberals an excuse to ignore the excesses of Islam because their time can be taken up in the much more pleasant pastime of expressing their disgust at Islamophobia. 

Lashing out at anyone who looks the part is counter productive.

Edited by bcsapper

1 minute ago, bcsapper said:

No, that's completely wrong.  I am most definitely not doing that. You've read my posts in the past.  Islam has no bigger critic.  But there is no point in being one of the swastika tattoed mouth breathers who give liberals an excuse to ignore the excesses of Islam because their time can be taken up in the much more pleasant pastime of expressing their disgust at Islamophobia. 

Lashing out at anyone who looks the part is counter productive.

I'm against Islam. Not individual believers who are more than free to leave the cult. Oh wait...no they're not.

3 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Don't confuse my Devil's Advocacy as support for Islam.  

Why shouldn't he?  He confused my sanity and common sense as support for Islam.

Just now, DogOnPorch said:

I'm against Islam. Not individual believers who are more than free to leave the cult. Oh wait...no they're not.

Me too, but just the bad bits.  I really don't care what people want to call themselves.

It's natural for blokes like ourselves to want to see the good in anything...and everything.

Just now, bcsapper said:

Me too, but just the bad bits.  I really don't care what people want to call themselves.

What are Islam's good bits? Describe one.

I am not prepared to take that risk if one of these so called moderate Muslims (home grown) turns into violence and decides to commit a suicide.

You cannot disagree that most of terrorism today is committed by Muslims. There's no way of knowing which one is sane and which one isn't. 

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

It's natural for blokes like ourselves to want to see the good in anything...and everything.

What are Islam's good bits? Describe one.

They would be anything that doesn't fall under the category of bad bits.  Is it really your contention that there are no Muslims, anywhere in the world, doing anything other than evil today? 

2 minutes ago, Goh Shenas said:

I am not prepared to take that risk if one of these so called moderate Muslims (home grown) turns into violence and decides to commit a suicide.

You cannot disagree that most of terrorism today is committed by Muslims. There's no way of knowing which one is sane and which one isn't. 

What do you plan to do about it?

Just now, Goh Shenas said:

Granted. But sanity and common sense are not virtues compatible with Islam as Bcsapper makes us believe.

All Muslims follow same faith...

I never said they were.  I said they were virtues I had.  It was you who confused them with support for Islam.

Send them back o wherever they came from.... Their values are not compatible. Moderate or not. So long as they have allegiance to this religion we are dealing with a cult that cannot be trusted.

From where?  Where are you exactly?

5 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

They would be anything that doesn't fall under the category of bad bits.  Is it really your contention that there are no Muslims, anywhere in the world, doing anything other than evil today? 

Islam is evil. Muslims...well, that's part of the whole acceptable casualties dealie...ain't it? Which Muslims are the baddies??

7 minutes ago, Goh Shenas said:

Granted. But sanity and common sense are not virtues compatible with Islam as Bcsapper makes us believe.

All Muslims follow same faith...

bcsapper is a known Devil's Advocate.

5 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

I never said they were.  I said they were virtues I had.  It was you who confused them with support for Islam.

This is what you wrote:

sympathise with the millions of Muslims who are just as horrified as we are at these atrocities.

You are assuming those Muslims are horrified. How do you know?

Just now, DogOnPorch said:

Islam is evil. Muslims...well, that's part of the whole acceptable casualties dealie...ain't it? Which Muslims are the baddies??

Islam is an abstraction.  Some Muslims are evil, some are not.  If you can deal with the evil ones without killing too many of the none evil ones, then that is part of the acceptible casualties dealie.  One I'm perfectly okay with.  I wouldn't advocate killing them all.

4 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

From where?  Where are you exactly?

How is that relevant?

We are discussing Muslims. You are free to defend the moderate ones and have sympathy that they are horrified. I am not.

They follow the same faith that makes some of them a suicide bomber. 

2 minutes ago, Goh Shenas said:

This is what you wrote:

You are assuming those Muslims are horrified. How do you know?

I don't.  I assume, just as you say.  Do you assume none of them are?

Bottom line: we'd rather Islam murder our children in horrible ways rather than admit we've made a great big mistake.

2 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Islam is an abstraction.  Some Muslims are evil, some are not.  If you can deal with the evil ones without killing too many of the none evil ones, then that is part of the acceptible casualties dealie.  One I'm perfectly okay with.  I wouldn't advocate killing them all.

Acceptable casualties. What's a few stiffs next to the joy that Islam brings?...which you can't name.

Edited by DogOnPorch

How is that relevant?

We are discussing Muslims. You are free to defend the moderate ones and have sympathy that they are horrified. I am not.

They follow the same faith that makes some of them a suicide bomber. 

You want to send them back.  I was wondering where from.  I don't know where Salman Abedi was born, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was Manchester.

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

Bottom line: we'd rather Islam murder our children in horrible ways rather than admit we've made a great big mistake.

Acceptable casualties. What's a few stiffs next to the joy that Islam brings?...which you can't name.

Islam brings joy! No thank you I don't want to be beheaded or stoned to death for being a non believer.

Apparently I am confused. :lol: