Stripping citizenship.

PIK

Its a different punishment because the person is different from someone with sole citizenship. Gosh really?

If you are Jewish, you also fall under the two-tier citizenship law.

New law makes Canadian Jews second-class citizens

Jews are second-class citizens under this law. That’s because the Law of Return gives an almost automatic right of Israeli residency and citizenship to any Jew. Every Canadian with citizenship or a right of citizenship abroad now has conditional rights to be a Canadian.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And what if the judicial system cannot keep them in jail? One is eligible for parole next year. You want them anywhere near you? The extent of the law is IMHO, in this case, not capable of dealing with these morons who want to kill us.

Well, first of all, because he is eligible for parole, does that mean he will get it?

And even if he does, there are thousands of people on parole at any one instant in time. Yet the country does not descend into an unlivable hell-hole of crime. Why would THIS individual pose any greater risk than any other parolee?

I don't agree with taking citizenship away. These people are our problem. however, if we were to do it, you would think that the lads at the top of any list for citizenship stripping would be the Air India bombers. Thirty years of justice denied - to say nothing of the intimidation handed out to so many - Has no parallel in recent Canadian history. So how come none of those guys got letters yet? Why aren't we hearing fiery speeches about THAT problem from Jason and his Aggronauts? Demographics would surely not be clouding the famous moral clarity of the Conservative Party?

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

I don't agree with taking citizenship away. These people are our problem. however, if we were to do it, you would think that the lads at the top of any list for citizenship stripping would be the Air India bombers. Thirty years of justice denied - to say nothing of the intimidation handed out to so many - Has no parallel in recent Canadian history. So how come none of those guys got letters yet? Why aren't we hearing fiery speeches about THAT problem from Jason and his Aggronauts? Demographics would surely not be clouding the famous moral clarity of the Conservative Party?

Only one was ever convicted and that was just for getting the bomb materials. Also, I think there would be a problem with making the law retroactive.

Only one was ever convicted and that was just for getting the bomb materials. Also, I think there would be a problem with making the law retroactive.

Only one was convicted because of a massive criminal conspiracy, the people at the heart of which being openly celebrated as heroes to this day.

Has any effort been made to examine the applications for citizenship made by these people to ensure no links with terrorist organizations were falsely denied?

It is striking that such people have not even been mentioned by the Conservatives.

If you are Jewish, you also fall under the two-tier citizenship law.

New law makes Canadian Jews second-class citizens

Jews are second-class citizens under this law. Thats because the Law of Return gives an almost automatic right of Israeli residency and citizenship to any Jew. Every Canadian with citizenship or a right of citizenship abroad now has conditional rights to be a Canadian.

Now only if Jews participated in terrorism en masse you'd have something.

Treason. Terrorism. Type convictions are required. Jews assimilate into their host countries. Other groups do not or not as much and remain separate while Jews choose to join society largely.

Now only if Jews participated in terrorism en masse you'd have something.

Treason. Terrorism. Type convictions are required. Jews assimilate into their host countries. Other groups do not or not as much and remain separate while Jews choose to join society largely.

We could see some tricky legal issues down the road with terrorism convictions in different countries. What about those

bombs in Tehran, and many in Lebanon over the years, for starters. What would happen if one those guys was convicted? Wehave also seen questions over Canadian passports already with Mossad assassinations e.g.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lillehammer_affair

Only one was convicted because of a massive criminal conspiracy, the people at the heart of which being openly celebrated as heroes to this day.

I agree.

Has any effort been made to examine the applications for citizenship made by these people to ensure no links with terrorist organizations were falsely denied?

Don't know.

It is striking that such people have not even been mentioned by the Conservatives.

I don't think they have been mentioned because it would not be possible to revoke their citizenship. How the case was handled was such a source of embarrassment to the RCMP, CSIS and the government that they would like it to be forgotten.

• 3 weeks later...

You mean dual citizens don't you.

Actually, yes and no. You don't have to be a dual citizen to be considered vulnerable to this legislation, just somebody who COULD be eligible for another citizenship, which would include many new Canadians who have renounced their previous

citizenship or who never had it themselves.

'Minor' law-breaking went on for decades connected to those crimes, until quite recently, and included intimidation of

witnesses (and lots of other people) and perjury. We may not be done with this problem:

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-as-punjab-simmers-sikh-radicals-revive-khalistan-bogey-in-uk-2140413

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/sikh-lives-matter-protesters-arrested-demonstrators-clash-police-central-london-1525247

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/kotkapura-clashes-two-dead-sikh-protesters-clash-police-after-desecration-holy-book-1524099

Actually, yes and no. You don't have to be a dual citizen to be considered vulnerable to this legislation, just somebody who COULD be eligible for another citizenship, which would include many new Canadians who have renounced their previouscitizenship or who never had it themselves.

That part would never fly. That other country would have to be willing to grant you citizenship and you would have to apply. The SC would never go for making someone stateless.

I could be eligible for dual citizenship. I'm not shaking in my boots.

Edited by Wilber

Actually, yes and no. You don't have to be a dual citizen to be considered vulnerable to this legislation, just somebody who COULD be eligible for another citizenship, which would include many new Canadians who have renounced their previous

citizenship or who never had it themselves.

There are countries (Israel for certain, and I believe Iran as well) where citizenship is automatic. In such situations, an individual can have effective dual citizenship through no action of their own.

I don't agree with taking citizenship away.

Canadian citizenship, easy as heck to get, and you can't lose it no matter what! Why, it's like being a teacher! No matter how badly you suck we'll still keep you around and pay you!

Standards are for other countries! We're proud to have none at all!

Since when is Canadian citizenship easy to get?

I was wondering the same thing. I've talked to a lot of people who went through the process and it isn't easy at all. Getting here is far easier, I will grant that. Becoming a Canadian is not easy.

Since whe\n is Canadian citizenship easy to get?

You get on a plane, tear up your documents and flush them, and say the magic words "I am a refugee" at the other end. That's about it. We'lll buy you a good immigration lawyer who will tell you what story to tell and presto, you've got citizenship.

That guarantees you a stay here, not citizenship.

Just tell a decent story and you're in. We have lots of Kenyans here who simply claimed they were Somalians, after all. And I have no doubt we'll soon have a pile of Egyptians, Lebanese and Jordanians claiming they're Syrians.

In the unlikely event they say no you just disappear, and in a few years you'll be amnestied, especially if you get married and have a kid or two. Happens all the time.

Just tell a decent story and you're in. We have lots of Kenyans here who simply claimed they were Somalians, after all. And I have no doubt we'll soon have a pile of Egyptians, Lebanese and Jordanians claiming they're Syrians.

In the unlikely event they say no you just disappear, and in a few years you'll be amnestied, especially if you get married and have a kid or two. Happens all the time.

You still seem to be intentionally confusing refugees with citizenship.

You still seem to be intentionally confusing refugees with citizenship.

Refugees become citizens.

As for the more formal route, hasn't Trudeau promised to speed that up for family reunification?

So the standard there is "are you related to someone who lives here". Again, not exactly a high bar.

Refugees become citizens.

As for the more formal route, hasn't Trudeau promised to speed that up for family reunification?

So the standard there is "are you related to someone who lives here". Again, not exactly a high bar.

Considering the demographic timebomb that is going to hit us in the next fifteen years, I think we're going to have to set the bar even lower.

Your demographic time bomb is a figment of your imagination.

BS. The Federal and Provincial governments are all tracking it, and it's hardly a secret that our population is aging.

But you do typify the Conservative response to science. If science says something you don't like, you call the scientists liars and happily hide your head in the sand.

But on this point, you are not only wrong, you are ludicrously and pathetically wrong. I mean, why would even deny that which absolutely every level of government, every statistician and every demographer knows to be true? Is it that you like looking willfully ignorant, because it's awfully hard to be charitable towards someone who proudly betrays his ignorance.