Bring Back the Death Penalty !

Bring back capital punishment now:

Absolutely agree 100%. I have always been strong supporter and advocate of capital punishment for those committing violence against defenseless women and children. I was very disappointed when in Mulroney era whom I voted for, capital punishment was voted out. Our justice system appears to protect the criminals. The sub-human bastard murderer or rapist gets all the protection of the justice system including a trial, court and lawyer but the victims don't when they are attacked raped or murdered. The subhuman criminal gets paroled and comes out and many of them commit same crime again taking second or third victims. Send the violent criminals to hell the first time that they commit a proven violent crime against women and children IN ORDER TO PROTECT THE SECOND ND THIRD OR SUBSEQUENT VICTIMS. Electric chair for violent offenders especially repeat offenders. Our politicians are too cowards to do what needs to be done. Shame on them for failing to protect our defenseless and weak.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.change.org/p/the-loser-in-our-next-election-the-prime-minister-of-canada-bring-back-the-death-penalty#petition-letter

Stop the insanity! Drop repeat offenders to zero guaranteed. Clearly the vast majority of people are tired of what our Court system deems "Justice"

Lets tell our politicians, please sign the petition :)

I can agree to the death penalty in principle, with conditions.

I could accept the death penalty for murder and arson at least, but on the condition that the judge always reserve the right to sentence the convicted to life in prison and maybe even in some cases (such as when it was not self-defence on the one hand but the victim severely provoked the murderer none-the-less for example, like if it had been proven that the victim himself had murdered a loved one of the murderer for no reason) exile for life from the city of the murder.

DNA evidence is never wrong.

Twins can have identical DNA. What happens if the accused does not know he has a twin. Additionally, DNA must be interpretted. A woman has sex with a man and then another man murders her not long after. Does the first man's DNA prove that he killed her? DNA must still be interpreted.

Given my recent personal experience of police officers presenting official statements that were later proven in court to have been false, and my awareness of one case of a medical examiner who had stood as a witness on at a number of trials against those accused of child abuse if I remember correctly and then losing his licence for gross incompetence and all of those convicted having to be given a retrial as a result, definitely the judge should always reserve the right to sentence the convicted to life instead.

Given that by the most conservative estimate possible, 4.1% of people are wrongly sentenced to die in the U.S., the death penalty is a miscarriage of justice and ends up murdering innocent people. When there's still disparities in the way justice is carried out between groups of people, the miscarriage is even worse. There should be no death penalty ever. And prisons should be reserved only for those who are a danger to society.

Edited by cybercoma

Absolutely agree 100%. I have always been strong supporter and advocate of capital punishment for those committing violence against defenseless women and children. I was very disappointed when in Mulroney era whom I voted for, capital punishment was voted out. Our justice system appears to protect the criminals. The sub-human bastard murderer or rapist gets all the protection of the justice system including a trial, court and lawyer but the victims don't when they are attacked raped or murdered. The subhuman criminal gets paroled and comes out and many of them commit same crime again taking second or third victims. Send the violent criminals to hell the first time that they commit a proven violent crime against women and children IN ORDER TO PROTECT THE SECOND ND THIRD OR SUBSEQUENT VICTIMS. Electric chair for violent offenders especially repeat offenders. Our politicians are too cowards to do what needs to be done. Shame on them for failing to protect our defenseless and weak.

One thing I will say is thank God our judges are not answerable to any politician. From my personal observations of the IRB (which decides only deportation cases) which is ultimately answerable to an elected politician, the CBSA makes no effort to collect evidence and worse yet, can make false statements without requiring to back those statements with corroborating evidence, doesn't even need to inform the accused of his right to counsel, and essentially follows a process of guilty until proven innocent (meaning that even if one can prove his onnocence, he has to go through the costly motion to do so, I'd hate to see a murder trial where the death penalty were on the table waiving the right to the presumption of innocence and due process as you are proposing.

Proof is essential.

There was a case in France a few years back where an insane woman charged with child abuse made up a story of a child trafficking ring, accused a bunch of random people, and because her word was accepted as gospel by the first judge who was completely incompetent, a whole bunch of other people ended up in prison for a few years as they were fighting appeals and the second judge was initially defending the first until the lawyer of one of the defendants eventually managed to make the woman crack and finally tell the truth.

By that time one of the falsely accused had already committed suicide in prison.

The presumption of innocence is essential even for the most heinous of crimes.

The main purpose that I can see for capital punishment is not as a sentence to be handed out like candy but rather as a Damacles sword hanging over the head of a potential murderer as a deterrent. Even if it should rarely be used if ever, the fact that people are aware that the potential is there could deter at least some.

What about it? That article is about hair and bite mark analysis. It was DNA that proved the falsely accused's innocence.

Yeah, that's fair. It was about flaws in forensic analysis that led to hundreds of wrongful convictions and, in some cases, death sentences. It's not about flaws in DNA testing but it still doesn't make me feel any better about the death penalty.

So sign the petition, until people SPEAK UP AND ACT it's all just a bunch of cowards waiting for others to "fix" the issues.

For someone like me that doesn't believe in God or an afterlife. The Death Penalty seems to easy of a way out.
So some monster goes and kills a child and then we kill him effectively relieving him of any wrong doing. If there is no afterlife he just ceases to exist.

There has to be a better more effective way of punishing this guy, something that involves punishment in this life. Not a fake punishment in the next.

Since 1973, there have been 153 people released from death row because they were found to be innocent.

I guess your position on the death penalty will depend if you are OK with a few innocent people being executed as long as "most" were guilty. I have heard, "There have been 0 cases of recidivism in convicts who were executed". And "kill them all and let God sort out the innocent ones". What then is the acceptable "mistake" ratio - 1 in 1,000 or 1 in 100 or 1 in 10?

Personally, I do not like to be part of a process which accepts the execution of innocent people.

There do seem to be crimes that are so heinous and have over-whelmingly obvious evidence to support them - that the Death Penalty seems appropriate. I wouldn't lose any sleep over the sanctioned killing/death/termination of Paul Bernardo or Robert Pickton.

But is that really the best way to deal with it. The quick release of death is enough punishment for these men that already take life so callously?

Maybe we should give them some sort of painful disease. One that keeps them alive for a long time but can prolong suffering. Because that to me is punishment. Death is no punishment for these types of people. It's a way out.

Edited by PrimeNumber

Giving more power to prosecutors instead of having fair trials is not a good thing.

did u really just say "fair trials" ummm have you ever sat in on a trial? ever witnessed our "process" really u should , it's nauseating even to ethical Lawyers. And yes there is such a thing they r just few and far between :(.

I am considering starting a free Paul B sicko petition and see how many support that.

But is that really the best way to deal with it. The quick release of death is enough punishment for these men that already take life so callously?
Maybe we should give them some sort of painful disease. One that keeps them alive for a long time but can prolong suffering. Because that to me is punishment. Death is no punishment for these types of people. It's a way out.

Capital punishment is about justice for the victim and victims family. Not some bleeding hearts and his feelings? Feelings...lol...you guys men or girls? My gawd....lol. Real men are tough and don't show feelings. Thats for ladies.

ahhh I'm a girl, turn sicko that killed that little girl loose in a field of Mom's and we will give u entrails . Our "justice system" does not support the victims only "the process".

did u really just say "fair trials" ummm have you ever sat in on a trial? ever witnessed our "process" really u should , it's nauseating even to ethical Lawyers. And yes there is such a thing they r just few and far between :(.

Ah right. The courts don't give you the outcomes YOU want, so that must mean they're not just. Too bad your personal opinions aren't what makes things ethical or just.