Which is worse? ISIS or Global Warming?

-1=e^ipi

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I made a poll of 2 ridiculously scenarios to maybe make a point about the relative threats of ISIS and global warming.

Personally, I'd rather live in a world which is 50 C hotter (you would need like 36 atmospheres of CO2 for this, but whatever) than a world controlled by ISIS. Even if humanity is forced to flee underground and live in poverty, at least they have freedom of thought/speech.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do we even know ISIS is real? I can't see them when I look out my window. ISIS is just an excuse by alarmist to drive us into bankruptcy from exorbitant military expenditures!

global military wealth distribution is what's truly behind all this ISIS posturing! On edit: oh... wait... carry on!

Edited by waldo

I made a poll of 2 ridiculously scenarios to maybe make a point about the relative threats of ISIS and global warming.

Personally, I'd rather live in a world which is 50 C hotter (you would need like 36 atmospheres of CO2 for this, but whatever) than a world controlled by ISIS. Even if humanity is forced to flee underground and live in poverty, at least they have freedom of thought/speech.

A world that is 50C hotter would have the oceans evaporate and would be uninhabitable. Vast amounts of gases locked in limestone deposits and other minerals a the bottoms of the oceans would enter the atmosphere and atmospheric pressure would increase probably a hundredfold. All surface and ocean plants would die, ceasing oxygen production, and existing oxygen would quickly disappear at the high temperatures due to surface oxidation. So the atmosphere would no longer be primarily oxygen/nitrogen, and the air would be unbreathable. While it's possible a tiny sliver of humanity could survive for a while hiding underground growing food in hydroponics, breathing artificial air, and getting energy from nuclear reactors, etc, it would be far from a sure thing. Runaway effects would quickly turn the Earth into something Venus-like.

A world ruled by ISIS would suck, especially if you're a woman. But as a male, if they don't kill you while taking things over, you'd be ok. Just profess to believe in Islam, kill an infidel or two, and you can fit right in. Plus, over the long term, even the most extremist societies either fall or become more moderate. Worst case we'd have another thousand years of dark ages (but likely much less than that) before civilization got back on track.

Edited by Bonam

A world that is 50C hotter would have the oceans evaporate and would be uninhabitable.

50 C isn't enough to make the oceans evaporate

Runaway effects would quickly turn the Earth into something Venus-like.

From memory the strength of the sun isn't strong enough to cause run away global warming on Earth for the next billion years.

The combine global sea and surface temperature is around 15-16 Celsius. A 50 degree increase would almost certainly make the planet uninhabitable for most forms of life, including humans.

Unless you live underground and use geothermal energy to cool yourself.

Anyway, if not 50 C, how much temperature increase would make you indifferent to global warming or ISIS taking over?

30 C?

10 C?

5 C?

I can't believe people would live under the tyranny of ISIS. Surely you women would rather do anything but live in a world controlled by ISIS? Wouldn't you? Cowards...no wonder Islam is taking over.

ISIS is mostly just an excuse to keep the military industrial complex funded. Now shut the f*^k up and open your damn wallet!

ISIS is mostly just an excuse to keep the military industrial complex funded. Now shut the f*^k up and open your damn wallet!

I know! It's just Harper's fault...and Bush. What about NWO and Obama? I'm pretty sure the MMGW crowd are looking for cash too.

BTW - The question wasn't "Is ISIS real"? It was about a world "controlled" by ISIS - My answer is the same. In fact, you can use the word Islam instead of ISIS and my response is still the same.

I know! It's just Harper's fault...and Bush. What about NWO and Obama? I'm pretty sure the MMGW crowd are looking for cash too.

BTW - The question wasn't "Is ISIS real"? It was about a world "controlled" by ISIS - My answer is the same. In fact, you can use the word Islam instead of ISIS and my response is still the same.

Well in fairness, much more Bush's fault at the outset than Harper's. Harper is just looking silly by following along Bush's stupidity. I wonder when he will drape his "Mission Accomplished" little flag somewhere.

Sure they are. And the west helped create them. But am I supposed to go hide under my bed? Nope I won't. They will fall as quickly as they rose, with or without us whipping out our F 18's.

They don't seem to be going away. I'm not hiding. I am a gun owner/hunter and won't hesitate to kill if anyone tries to come to my property and behead me.

Theyre controlling a large portion of Iraq and Syria now and increasing. Canadians are leaving here to join them over there.

How long will it be before ISIS recruits start cells in Canada and start doing the same thing in Canada? Trying to take over.

How many isis types will be hidden among the refugees waiting to strike like a Trojan horse? No way to know...it's troubling. At least for me it us.

No, they've got tons of weapons and they get more everyday. Who are these people who are gonna stand up to them?

11 million Syrians have already scurried away like cockroaches. If they can't be bothered to defend thier own country then we don't need to take in any of these cowards. They should pick up a weapon and fight isis but maybe they side with isis.