The cost of Migrants

Migrants are very expensive. I have no idea how much the government has spent on my fiancée already all because it tried to save a buck in evidence collection and decided to write false statements into her official record some of which have already been proven false and much more yet to be proven false. And ahe's only a tourist in Canada at present.

If tourists can be so expensive, I'd hate to see how expensive citizens can be!

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People who want to come here should be paying for themselves Imo. Not just buy a ticket and expect some random foreign government to foot the bill for your lifestyle choices.

The sense of entitlement of this younger generation is appalling.

She is footing at least half of the bill: her lawyer, transport, lodging, food, etc., but the CBSA and the IRB are footing the bill for their lawyer, etc. Are you saying that a randomly accused should foot the bill for all sides? Fine, as long as we change the laws to make it easier to sue once proven not guilty. Deal?

We have the right to protect our country against foreign threats. Could be spies or others would want to harm our country.

I'll side with my own country over some random foreigner any day. If someone isn't guilty them it will be proven out in our court of law.

No need to get emotional. No one should try to jump the queue into our nation. Coming as a tourist then trying to stay is disgusting. Wait in line like everyone else.

Bottom line is the security of our nation is the most important. Especially with Chinese nationals who have a history of hacking and spying.

We have the right to protect our country against foreign threats. Could be spies or others would want to harm our country.

I'll side with my own country over some random foreigner any day. If someone isn't guilty them it will be proven out in our court of law.

No need to get emotional. No one should try to jump the queue into our nation. Coming as a tourist then trying to stay is disgusting. Wait in line like everyone else.

Bottom line is the security of our nation is the most important. Especially with Chinese nationals who have a history of hacking and spying.

1. She did come as a tourist but is not trying to stay. She always intended to leave by November at the latest as is her right as a Hong Kong tourist who came to Canada in June (within her 6 month allowance as per Canadian law!).

2. As for getting emotional, the incompetence of this CBSA officers have cost us over 4k in lawyers' fees, gotels, transport, foid, etc. Not to mention many wasted hours. So yeah, I'm a little emotional about CBSA incompetence that indirectly affects Canadians like myself. You talk about protecting Canada from foreign threats. I'ce had to spend over 4k to protect my fiancée from the Canadian threat that is CBSA incompetence.

Maybe it's a strategic decision of families to put their effort into getting the family member most likely to survive the trip here. Once that person does get here they turn their efforts towards helping the rest follow.

You're proposing that the refugee process and migration are more dangerous than staying in Syria? I find that pretty difficult to believe.

-k

You're proposing that the refugee process and migration are more dangerous than staying in Syria? I find that pretty difficult to believe.

-k

The long walks across countries. The risky boat rides across the waters. It's more risky for children to go through these than to stay in their refugee camps in Turkey and other areas.

Eventually, once the men have found a country who will take them, then the process of bringing the rest of the family begins. This process is common.

-k

Refugees are fleeing for their lives. Unless of course they aren't.

Ridiculous to assert the refugee process more dangerous thus leaving women and children behind while they go get settled.

Clearly there are legitiimate refugees. Clearly, there are illegitimate refugees.

Fleeing a safe country for another safe country is not being a legitimate refugee...it's safe country shopping.

The long walks across countries. The risky boat rides across the waters. It's more risky for children to go through these than to stay in their refugee camps in Turkey and other areas.

Eventually, once the men have found a country who will take them, then the process of bringing the rest of the family begins. This process is common.

Turkey took them.

They are safe.

Fleeing Turkey does not make them a refugee. It makes them a world traveller.

You can believe what you want and have the right to do so and since I have read your comments what you believe is totally worthless to me as well as a few others like you. That said I let the readers on the forum to read your comments and my comments too and then decide whether what you and a few of your kind say which is hate propaganda (generalization of certain group of people as violent and rapist and stereotyping which based on definition of the word bigotry qualifies for that)

You might want to hire an editor to clean up your barely literate rants. And thanks for adding the law on hate speech to the seemingly endless list of things you are nearly completely ignorant about. Don't let that stop your from spewing your self-righteous, sanctimonious insults, though.

that's 25% of all U.S. Hispanics mainly using English... with over 60% bilingual. Per StatsCan (2011), 17.5% of Canadians rate themselves as bilingual (being able to carry on a conversation in either English or French)..... so, in regards your "great" reference, that U.S. 60% 2nd generation figure seems rather... "great".

That's a dumb comparison, Waldo. The reason there are so few bilingual Canadians is almost all the French are in one place. If you check with the French who live in English areas, though, you'll find all of them are bilingual. That's because there aren't enough french there for them to live as a unilingual community. There are lots of Hispanic communities in the US though, and they're growing in size and numbers, which is why kids don't need to learn English, and why Hispanic people can just live in Spanish

None of which explains why it would be desirable for the US to import millions of people who speak a foreign language, and why any American living in an area in which he now finds himself to be a minority ought to be happy about it.

You speak of language integration... what's your percentage measuring bar level for "acceptable integration"?

100% of the second generation, and probably 90% of the first generation who have been here for more than five years.

Canada is full. No more refugees. No mire poor immigrants. Canada welfare rolls high enough. Canada ghettos large enough.

Canada needs wealthy people only now who will invest money into Canada.

Clearly, we need to accept refugees.

Clearly, refugees will not be wealthy ppl.

Equally as clear, refugees must go through the refugee process. No knee jerk reactions, no mass acceptance.

That would hurt Canada today, and that would hurt further refugees tomorrow.

Clearly, we need to accept refugees.

Clearly, refugees will not be wealthy ppl.

Equally as clear, refugees must go through the refugee process. No knee jerk reactions, no mass acceptance.

That would hurt Canada today, and that would hurt further refugees tomorrow.

Why do we need to?

How is accepting poor people with backward ideals and values en mass good for Canada's social fabric.

Those people don't accept homosexualty or women's equality.

Which nation did you say was yours?

Why do we need to?

How is accepting poor people with backward ideals and values en mass good for Canada's social fabric.

Those people don't accept homosexualty or women's equality.

I said we shouldn't accpet them en masse.

I am not referring to Syrians specifically.

Not only Muslims are refugees, and not only Muslims are intolerant.

The U.S. has given Jordan many billions of dollars per year in foreign aid since forever..

Because Jordan has been a proxy US colony since...forever! But, the aid provided to house what are largely US-created refugees is not completely picked up by the US...especially now that millions are on the move. UN agencies like UNHCR scrupulously avoid judgment and just go about the task of providing aid....and shaking down monthly donors for more and more money!

In fact, a large proportion of immigrants would prefer to slam the door behind them. They left their countries behind after all, and usually for a reason. Which makes it all the more odd that political parties think they can score votes by throwing the doors wide open.

That's not why they "prefer to slam the door behind them!" It's mostly a phenomena that occurs one or two generations after the children of immigrants have mixed in to the new world and lost all connection with the homeland. And if we're honest about this, it is much, much more likely that the previous generations of white immigrants (when only white immigration was permitted) are able to blend in and start acting and talking like they are part of a broad, white middle class. That's not a luxury available to most visible minorities regardless of how much wealth they may amass over time.

And let's not lose sight of the fact that nativism is not some sort of ethical thinking! This is just greed and selfishness applied to an international issue.

While those on the Left are far more generous, with other people's money. How many people arguing so strenuously on behalf of refugees have contributed a substantial sum OF THEIR OWN MONEY to help Syrian refugees oversees or offered to sponsor a refugee?

If you care to call up any demographic numbers from anywhere in the world, you'll find that generosity decreases with greater affluence! And when the rich give, it's quid per quo, such as the rich bastards who donate millions to already filthy rich private institutions like the Ivy League universities in the US (some so that they can ensure that their idiot sons have a Harvard or Yale degree), or places that they want to be seen..such as the Metropolitan Opera in NYC. That bullshit gets more millions than they know what to do with, while most arts go unfunded or inadequately funded.

Even much...maybe even most of the money given to churches should be removed from tax-exempt status, since a lot of that money goes towards very earthly concerns that don't include feeding the poor and tending the flock. But, when it comes to who is going to give aid to someone in need, it's more likely to come from those who don't have a lot themselves!~