Nurse Marries 4 year old patient

I have no problem with anything that puts a smile on a 4 year old cancer patients face. I question putting this story under the "Sex and Gender Issues". This certainly can have nothing to do with either sex or gender. Can it?

If she wanted to be crowned Queen of England I would go along with that also.

Edited by Big Guy

I have no problem with anything that puts a smile on a 4 year old cancer patients face. I question putting this story under the "Sex and Gender Issues". This certainly can have nothing to do with either sex or gender. Can it?

Edited by WestCoastRunner

I am just surprised that this could be considered either a sex or gender issue. Here we have a 4 year old child who is fighting a disease that can kill her. She is subjected to the pain and discomfort of treatments. Those caregivers who look after her decide that a mock wedding will give her some pleasure and a diversion from her pain. Why Not?!?

To question this "game" as some kind of opportunity to educate children on boundaries seems to me to be a real stretch. Thank you for your honesty but I think that this young girl is fortunate that she is not your daughter.

To refuse a child with cancer an opportunity to enjoy herself because of some feminist agenda of the parent is very poor parenting.

There are things in life that are more important than proving some kind of personal point.

To refuse a child with cancer an opportunity to enjoy herself because of some feminist agenda of the parent is very poor parenting.

There are things in life that are more important than proving some kind of personal point.[/

Edited by WestCoastRunner

Sure it's a game. It's "let's pretend" just like any other 4 year old plays "let's pretend".

When I was a child, I was an Indian chief one time, but I didn't get a treaty card or cheap smokes.

-k

I'm with you on this; about the only time we'll agree. The opponents have limited amounts of compassion and no sense of humor (as opposed to the frequent mis-spelling "humour").

Edited by jbg

at first glance this seems harmless. A 4 year old cancer patient is infatuated with her nurse and wants to marry him. So everyone agrees that a mock ceremony should take place. Which it does with the blessing of the hospital, mother and nurse.

I get that this will certainly not result in a consummation of the marriage but I still find it a bit disturbing and bizarre. Why not have a ceremony for 'best friends'?

At second and third glance and even with some thought put behind it this is harmless.

Especially given the fact that you have consenting adults including the mother in on it and no evidence of any intention to consummate it.

A 4 year old does not know what sex is so this is not sexual in anyway.

Well, other than in some adults weird minds.

But the 4 year old probably understands that love manifests itself in the form of being married and does not understand that many marriages start out with lots of sex and either end up with hallway sex ("f you" as they pass in the hall way) or in bitter divorce.

Hopefully she will survive her cancer and get to find happiness if only for a short time.

I applaud her mother for not being deeply repressed about sex that she would not agree to this showing of appreciation and love for the nurse.

Well, this is the slippery slope that gay marriage has thrust upon us. Now that homosexuals can marry it opens the door to a lot of other things. Such as adults marrying children, just as I had predicted would happen. It's now beginning to happen. Adults are beginning to talk about marrying children. Right now it's a mock ceremony, the next one will be real. We have gay marriage to thank.

I recall seeing a picture of Mohammed with the words: " My wife called me a paedophile. Pretty big word for a 9 year old."

Of course, I would not be surprised that anyone who believes in an invisible sky fairy can't comprehend how this pretend marriage would work.

Just like I'm not surprised that certain so called feminists would find it bizarre or disturbing.

Note: no one was actually legally married in the making of this pretend marriage.

Nor was it consummated unlike those biblical marriages that were consummated before the marriage rights were actually given.

You know the ones: where if you raped a woman it would be okay if you married her and paid her father 50 shekels per Deuteronomy 22:28-29.

Edited by msj

Well, this is the slippery slope that gay marriage has thrust upon us. Now that homosexuals can marry it opens the door to a lot of other things. Such as adults marrying children, just as I had predicted would happen. It's now beginning to happen. Adults are beginning to talk about marrying children. Right now it's a mock ceremony, the next one will be real. We have gay marriage to thank.

Slippery slope my posterior, they ain't legally married. This is about making a very sick kid happy. New York will not issue a marriage licence for anyone under 14 even with parental consent. Not even if they are gay,

Sure it's a game. It's "let's pretend" just like any other 4 year old plays "let's pretend".

When I was a child, I was an Indian chief one time, but I didn't get a treaty card or cheap smokes.

-k

You should've been earning a 6 figure salary too!