Feminism is not gender neutral enough

In order for you to strawman someone, someone must exist to strawman. Who am I strawmaning? (or is saying strawpersoning more gender neutral?)

You're allowed to use the word man if it's connected negatively to a noun; madman, gunman, manhunt, manslaughter, hitman and yes...strawman among others.

Who is telling this group this?

You lack reading comprehension if you think that my earlier statement necessarily implies that anyone is telling this group that.

No one here has said it.

I never claimed anyone did.

I can't imagine anyone else has either.

Perhaps you lack a decent imagination.

the "SJW" (another strawman, since the definition is completely nebulous and can be applied to anyone who you disagree with at any point).

There are lots of groups of people that aren't necessarily SJW that I disagree with. This includes Christian Fundamentalists, Islamists and 911 truthers. If the SJWs would prefer me to use a more politically correct name for them then they have to come up with a name for me to use.

I'll happily replace the term strawman in the above cases of windmill-tilting with he more prosaic "bullshit."

Please do.

Lots of slave owners took care not to severely damage their property. Guess those slaves were privileged too.

Some may have, but this isn't inherently true. To make a person submissive, you need to beat them and torture them, that's not generally the case with livestock. People are more intelligent than livestock, thus more difficult to break. But then I'm surprised everyday by how stupid some people can be, so maybe I'm wrong. Edited by cybercoma

You're allowed to use the word man if it's connected negatively to a noun; madman, gunman, manhunt, manslaughter, hitman and yes...strawman among others.

Strawman refers to a particular argumentative fallacy where you replace someone's argument with something they never argued or a highly exaggerated version of their argument because it's easier to refute than the person's actual argument. Euler does it constantly. Edited by cybercoma

Strawman refers to a particular argumentative fallacy where you replace someone's argument with something they never argued or a highly exaggerated version of their argument because it's easier to refute than the person's actual argument. Euler does it constantly.

Please provide an example of where I misrepresented someone's argument and didn't retract my claim shortly after. Please provide the person that was misrepresented, the argument they made, and how I misrepresented it.

You and Black Dog seem to think that me making jabs at SJWs counts as 'strawman arguments'. I suspect a lot of it may be projection.

Please provide an example of where I misrepresented someone's argument and didn't retract my claim shortly after. Please provide the person that was misrepresented, the argument they made, and how I misrepresented it.

You and Black Dog seem to think that me making jabs at SJWs counts as 'strawman arguments'. I suspect a lot of it may be projection.

I've called you out on it many times. I don't need to go back and look for examples. It will happen again and again. You just can't help yourself. You make up some fake caricature arguments and argue against those all the time.

Strawman refers to a particular argumentative fallacy where you replace someone's argument with something they never argued or a highly exaggerated version of their argument because it's easier to refute than the person's actual argument. Euler does it constantly.

Oh, I see. Sorta like when I'm arguing that a person shouldn't take photos of naked children and someone starts arguing about rape and murder.

You lack reading comprehension if you think that my earlier statement necessarily implies that anyone is telling this group that.

It doesn't imply it. It states it outright.

Telling a group of people that they are privileged so that they deserve all the injustice they encounter due to this privilege is a very effective way to oppress a group of people.

If no one is saying it, then this statement is completely meaningless.

I never claimed anyone did.

Wiggle wiggle.

Perhaps you lack a decent imagination.

I'll admit it's not the fever swamp yours seems to be.
There are lots of groups of people that aren't necessarily SJW that I disagree with. This includes Christian Fundamentalists, Islamists and 911 truthers. If the SJWs would prefer me to use a more politically correct name for them then they have to come up with a name for me to use.

This doesn't speak to the point.

Edited by Black Dog

Oh, I see. Sorta like when I'm arguing that a person shouldn't take photos of naked children and someone starts arguing about rape and murder.

Sorta like when you don't read someone's post and understand what they're saying and argue against your misunderstandings. Yeah. Exactly like that.