Penile Pumps: Men face gender bias

And most men I know would love to be treated as a sex object.

You know this how? You asked most men you know if they want to be treated as a sex object? Or are you just basing this off the sexist stereotype that men want sex all the time?

Why do you make frivolous statements like that ? You know full well that the ridiculous "everything must be equal" crew will jump down your throat for statements like that. It's not a troll, but it's bait like chum for a shark.

It's not a frivolous statement. It's true for me.

You know this how? You asked most men you know if they want to be treated as a sex object? Or are you just basing this off the sexist stereotype that men want sex all the time?

If we took a poll right now I bet the majority of men on this forum would say hell yes.

And I would start one except I'm on my smartphone.

Edited by WestCoastRunner

No I don't. I wasn't joking.

If we took a poll right now I bet the majority of men on this forum would say hell yes.

Wow. This is literally one of the 5 myths of male rape on the wiki page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Male_rape#Males_always_want_sex

Why do you make frivolous statements like that ? You know full well that the ridiculous "everything must be equal" crew will jump down your throat for statements like that. It's not a troll, but it's bait like chum for a shark.

Entertaining that rather than condemning the statement for what it is, you instead commiserate with the offender about the "ridiculous crew" that will respond to the statement.

Ah... forum facilitation. I suppose if the intent of facilitation is to generate more posts, then trolling is one approach.

Say yes to being a "sex object"? Could you define what is involved in being a "sex object"? The majority of the men on this forum would likely say hell yes to having sex with someone they find attractive, yes. But it's not clear to me that being a sex object only entails having sex when you want it with people you want to have it with. If it was, then surely women wouldn't mind being looked upon as sex objects either?

Entertaining that rather than condemning the statement for what it is, you instead commiserate with the offender about the "ridiculous crew" that will respond to the statement.

Ah... forum facilitation. I suppose if the intent of facilitation is to generate more posts, then trolling is one approach.

Trolling or trolling apoplectic reactions are the same......just a big clump of hair and gum clogging the drain......which you helped prove. Your reaction is not ridiculous......just predictable.

The statement, as it is, is not a troll nor is it incorrect. What it is, is a "some of my best friends are..." kind of statement.

I'm pretty sure that if somebody wrote "all the women I know are happy to stay in the kitchen" then there would be asimilar reaction ... but that statement would have the same qualities.

Because the tone has been set to not have any sort of sensible dialogue, so why bother giving serious responses?

That's hilarious!

What if the partner is a man? And most men I know would love to be treated as a sex object.

Well, you did take a male health issue and find a way of making women out to be victims of this issue. But, maybe if that's the way we sell it to the government and public, we'll see some policy change.

Well if it's true for you , then it must be an indisputable premise based in fact, eh?

The experiences you have had with men in the past that apparently form the skewed perception you hold currently do not necessarily form the societal consensus. In other words, it is a frivolous (and presumptuous) statement.

Edited by Spiderfish

Well, you did take a male health issue and find a way of making women out to be victims of this issue. But, maybe if that's the way we sell it to the government and public, we'll see some policy change.

How did I make women out to be victims? Doesn't partners include men?