Jade Helm 15; scary conspiracy spreading

Yahoo.com, is reporting a scary conspiracy theory is spreading in the US about Jade helm 15, were a long summer-long military exercise, spreads across many states in the US. Any to be concern about, who knows, but wasn't there a US military exercise going on in the US when 9/11 happened?? https://ca.news.yahoo.com/scary-conspiracy-theory-spreading-us-politics-people-peddling-110013410.html

I think this might be the stupidest conspiracy theory to catch widespread media attention since the kooks claiming that Bristol Palin was Trig's real mother. Am I forgetting any really stupid conspiracy theories that have caught fire in the media like this?

I'd say the Sandy Hook hoax conspiracy theory, but I'm not sure it really caught the fancy of the media like this.

-k

The ones who seem to be trying to take advantage of this are people like Gov. Abbott, Sen. Cruz, and Rep. Gohmert, who have been trying to walk a fine line between "just asking questions" and pandering to crazy.

-k

The ones who seem to be trying to take advantage of this are people like Gov. Abbott, Sen. Cruz, and Rep. Gohmert, who have been trying to walk a fine line between "just asking questions" and pandering to crazy.

-k

Really? What has Cruz said?

You'd have to ask Gov. Abbott or the commander of the Texas State Guard.

-k

I see. So just speculation. I think this is much ado about nothing. Both for the Texas side with its nose out of joint regarding the exercises, and the anti-Texas side that seems to be perturbed for whatever reasons.

Really? What has Cruz said?

"My office has reached out to the Pentagon to inquire about this exercise. We are assured it is a military training exercise. I have no reason to doubt those assurances, but I understand the reason for concern and uncertainty, because when the federal government has not demonstrated itself to be trustworthy in this administration, the natural consequence is that many citizens don't trust what it is saying."

"I have a great deal of faith and confidence in Governor Abbott. He is a long-time friend and mentor of mine. You know, I understand a lot of the concerns raised by a lot of citizens about Jade Helm. It's a question I'm getting a lot. And I think part of the reason is we have seen, for six years, a federal government disrespecting the liberty of the citizens. That produces fear, when you see a government that is attacking our free speech rights, or Second Amendment rights, or religious liberty rights. That produces distrust."

http://eaglerising.com/18237/ted-cruz-and-rand-paul-demand-answers-on-jade-helm-15/

I see. So just speculation. I think this is much ado about nothing. Both for the Texas side with its nose out of joint regarding the exercises, and the anti-Texas side that seems to be perturbed for whatever reasons.

It's a documented fact that Gov. Abbott has asked his State Guard to "monitor" the US military. You'd have to ask him and his commander for details about what that actually means.

-k

I don't see this as much different than the silly 911 conspiracies.

The difference is people DID know that 9/11 was about to happen and some got warnings not to fly that day and I do believe there were people working in i government who tried to warn many Congressmen but were ignore. Bush and Cheney had their own reasons for 9/11.

I think this might be the stupidest conspiracy theory to catch widespread media attention since the kooks claiming that Bristol Palin was Trig's real mother. Am I forgetting any really stupid conspiracy theories that have caught fire in the media like this?

I'd say the Sandy Hook hoax conspiracy theory, but I'm not sure it really caught the fancy of the media like this.

-k

Wait, Bristol Palin isn't Trig's mother?

I know that there's some underlining animosity between Texas and the federal government over the Feds refusal to enforce immigration law and secure the border. As a result, Texas has to deal with a flood of illegal immigrants every year. Apparently, they can conduct military exercises near the border though! Just can do anything about the border itself. Texas is probably thinking, are you kidding me???

Good observation. It's actually quite sad, this current state of affairs with the border in Texas. I've yet to hear what the left mind set is, how they can support Obama on the border issue. Do they even care that drug kingpins cross the border into the U.S. whenever they want?

Good observation. It's actually quite sad, this current state of affairs with the border in Texas. I've yet to hear what the left mind set is, how they can support Obama on the border issue. Do they even care that drug kingpins cross the border into the U.S. whenever they want?

No they don't care. They don't care about suppressing wages either. It's all about votes.

The only person whose opinion I care about on this topic can't respond to it.

Is it Polynewbie?

I know that there's some underlining animosity between Texas and the federal government over the Feds refusal to enforce immigration law and secure the border. As a result, Texas has to deal with a flood of illegal immigrants every year. Apparently, they can conduct military exercises near the border though! Just can do anything about the border itself. Texas is probably thinking, are you kidding me???

Perhaps Gov. Abbott could send the Texas State Guard to monitor the situation.

-k

You realize drug kingpins don't sneak across the border in the backs of vans, right? They fly in on their own jets and stay at five star hotels.