Alberta Election May 2015

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunn again hey? I've already shown you the report issued by former AG Valentine that came out in response to this accusation from Dunn.

Oh my god. An auditor general who doesn't agree with Dunn. Whatever am I to do? It's like you've found my Kryptonite or something.

<snap>

Oh wait! I almost forgot!

Your rationale for completely abjectively dismissing Jim Roy's sourced and easy-to-understand report was based on the idea that he was bias against the government in question, because he was fired by the same government.

Well an assumption of a logic like that would be that the reverse logic works just as well :

Valentine was "bias" towards the government in question because he was hired by them. ;)

He said what the PC's preferred to hear and, lo and behold! Everyone kept their job.

This is diametrically the very same rationale you used to dismiss Jim Roys report so it kind of evens out. :D

....IF it wern't for the fact that your end of this rationale just doesn't hold water.

You've been hemorrhaging credibility ever since you plied this logic, since naturally it makes utterly no sense that a report written long before Jim Roy was fired, could be bias against the government based on the reasoning that he is bias because was fired.

And then you wonder why I don't bother with every little simplistic point you think you have.

Edited by Claudius

Notley has chosen Brian Topp as her chief of staff.

This should be interesting as Topp has been a frequent, vocal and rabid Alberta hater in the past.

I wonder if the AB or national press will call him out anytime soon on his history?

Notley has chosen Brian Topp as her chief of staff.

This should be interesting as Topp has been a frequent, vocal and rabid Alberta hater in the past.

I wonder if the AB or national press will call him out anytime soon on his history?

So, any examples of this anti-Alberta rabid hatred?

Oh my god. An auditor general who doesn't agree with Dunn. Whatever am I to do? It's like you've found my Kryptonite or something.

Again...you can't follow the conversation. I really do advise you to read the WHOLE post and not just get fired up when you read the first line.

What I posted after this comment was that Dunn never actually said that billions were NOT collected, rather he said they COULD have collected more. The kryptoninte involved here is that your whole argument about not collecting royalties was washed right out the window sine Dunn himself never said it. Please for the love of everything holy, read the next part in its entirety so that we can minimize your confusion.

Valentine says he found "no substance to support the claims over the last year that over a billion dollars of royalties were not collected."

Many Albertans have the impression Dunn made that claim -- because the opposition says he did.

But Dunn actually argued the government could collect more money, without hurting the industry, by raising royalty rates.

That's very different from charging that the Tories failed to collect money owed under the established royalty regime.

http://www.canada.co...26-6ab8d23fcc51

There is no objective number that the government should be charging the oil companies. It goes up and down based on what they feel like they should be getting versus what they think is required to provide incentives for these companies to invest. If you don't agree with this statement then please go back and look at the current AG's statment on this exact situation.

Valentine was "bias" towards the government in question because he was hired by them. ;)

He said what the PC's preferred to hear and, lo and behold! Everyone kept their job.

This is diametrically the very same rationale you used to dismiss Jim Roys report so it kind of evens out. :D

Lol. You are really stretching here....aren't you. Valentine was hired to do a report. He doesn't have a job with the government either way after this report comes out. Of course logic would suggest that the main reason people keep their jobs is because they are doing them correctly which is probably why Roy was fired. Keep stretching though as I can see you have nothing else to go on.....

You've been hemorrhaging credibility ever since you plied this logic, since naturally it makes utterly no sense that a report written long before Jim Roy was fired, could be bias against the government based on the reasoning that he is bias because was fired.

Which report are you talking about? Almost everything we have talking about including your post about Jim Roy's recent report was after 1993 when Roy got fired. Lets recap:

Your post #349 where you gave an excerpt from "Billions Foregone" was written April 2015. Or was it your Alberta Venutre article written in 2008? Or perhaps your Tar Sands book published in 2010? Or was it Dunn's reports as AG...even though he assumed that office 9 years after Roy was fired?

So....which report was written LONG before 1993 when Roy was actually fired? Please provide the citation to the report.

Edited by Accountability Now