Maclean's: Winnipeg Is Most Racist City

I just can't ever see you giving up Canada for Earth.

Actually, a perfect world would make that the ideal situation. We are not anywhere near a perfect world, and so I'll settle for membership in what is one of the best clubs in the world.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, a perfect world would make that the ideal situation. We are not anywhere near a perfect world, and so I'll settle for membership in what is one of the best clubs in the world.

Fair enough if you don't mind making room for a few new clubs and clubhouses along the way.

Notice how there are more countries instead of fewer as time goes by? There must be a good reason for that.

Fair enough if you don't mind making room for a few new clubs and clubhouses along the way.

Notice how there are more countries instead of fewer as time goes by? There must be a good reason for that.

As I said, it isn't a perfect world. Maybe some day. We have to deal with today, and the problems that we can fix.

Nepinak's whole premise is that aboriginal people are more than other Canadians. That's not the type of thing MLK would ever fight for. Like I said, MLK would be appalled.

Again, that's just a comment from you, a pretty serious slam, may or may not be true, may or may not be defamation ... no quotes or other evidence to support your claim ...

Again, that's just a comment from you, a pretty serious slam, may or may not be true, may or may not be defamation ... no quotes or other evidence to support your claim ...

Well, that's your opinion. I'm in Manitoba and witness things all of the time. Would you deny that Nepinak fights for the continuation and even extension of treaty rights? If not, then I'm not sure what you're going on about.

My advice to you is this - quit threatening everyone with the defamation charge (it's not) and let the conversation continue.

Small c is not entirely off the mark Jacee. Native fishermen where I live are gearing up to go back to commercially fish for a living, as we speak. When push comes to shove and there are not enough fish to go around Ottawa will be pushing non-natives out of the way. We simply have different rights that are not as far reaching as native people's. Taken to a far enough extreme with other natural resources that are in tight supply or dwindling and you can see how things are bound to get worse as we continue down this road. Technically speaking if it came down to who got to simply eat a fish if your life depended on it, you'll have to get in a line that's based on the priority our confederation and constitution has assigned you.

Funny how the country Sir J built us still looks a lot like the one he lived in.

The only way forward is to transcend sovereignty and surrender to the Earthlings and universal human rights for all.

Edited by eyeball

Well, that's your opinion. I'm in Manitoba and witness things all of the time. Would you deny that Nepinak fights for the continuation and even extension of treaty rights? If not, then I'm not sure what you're going on about.

That's just the law.

My advice to you is this - quit threatening everyone with the defamation charge (it's not) and let the conversation continue.

My advice to you is don't defame individuals publicly.

Small c is not entirely off the mark Jacee. Native fishermen where I live are gearing up to go back to commercially fish for a living, as we speak. When push comes to shove and there are not enough fish to go around Ottawa will be pushing non-natives out of the way. We simply have different rights that are not as far reaching as native people's. Taken to a far enough extreme with other natural resources that are in tight supply or dwindling and you can see how things are bound to get worse as we continue down this road. Technically speaking if it came down to who got to simply eat a fish if your life depended on it, you'll have to get in a line that's based on the priority our confederation and constitution has assigned you.

Funny how the country Sir J built us still looks a lot like the one he lived in.

The only way forward is to transcend sovereignty and surrender to the Earthlings and universal human rights for all.

It's been the other way around for a long time, to our advantage eyeball. The courts see it differently now. I respect your perspective, don't know the answers.

I just don't think smallc's approach of defaming an individual is helpful at all.

My advice to you is don't defame individuals publicly.

Unless you provide evidence that I have (I haven't) according to the law, I didn't. Also, I doubt Nepinak would care that I claim he's trying to keep and extend treaty rights. Even if he does, that isn't damaging to him. It seems that you're simply trying to shut down discussion you don't like. Too bad really.

I just don't think smallc's approach of defaming an individual is helpful at all.

I haven't done that, so quit claiming it. I've seen you do this to several people in the last few weeks and it isn't helpful to discussion on this forum.

....The only way forward is to transcend sovereignty and surrender to the Earthlings and universal human rights for all.

Interesting concept proposed now that the age old advantages are going away and courts are backing up treaty rights ?

Now it should be fair for all ?

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Any concept can be taken to the point of ridiculousness yes. An ideal world would see you being right. This isn't.

I have no dog in this fight. Treaty rights are routinely enforced by the courts in my neck of the woods.

I guess the laws and courts are not fair for some when rulings no longer favour the status quo ?

bush_cheney2004, on 26 Jan 2015 - 02:28 AM, said:

OK...but that approach is easily broadened to the very existence of Canada.

Any concept can be taken to the point of ridiculousness yes. An ideal world would see you being right. This isn't.

b-c is right, smallc.

Canada exists because of the treaties.

They are our treaties.