Education Over Expulsion At Dalhousie

Big Guy

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You criticizing jacee for her comment completely disregards the context of it. She's responding in kind to Argus with the kind of language and behaviour he so brazenly dismisses when it is directed towards women.

And I 'brazenly' dismissed that too. I can tell when something isn't serious -- like dental students joking about chloroform.

Edited by Argus

No. Men who overreact and burst into tears when someone makes a joke are ballless men.

Women who overreact and burst into tears when someone makes a joke are more likely just neurotic.

Nobody's bursting into tears. Just reporting sexual harassment where it occurs, exposing the perps.

Seems to me that I only have to know one to prove you wrong.

That's both facetious and logically idiotic. If you know one young guy who doesn't joke about rape then what does that prove? If you know one boy who isn't on Ritalin then what is it you prove?

Boys are four times more likely to be diagnosed with ADD, and make up 80% of school dropouts. Why do you suppose that is?

Edited by Argus

You still call it a joke. I'm still waiting for you to explain what's so funny about rape.

Young men enjoy saying outrageous things especially about girls. Everyone knows it's not serious.

Edited by Argus

That's both facetious and logically idiotic. If you know one young guy who doesn't joke about rape then what does that prove?

I guess it proves that this hysterical assertion from you is ... hysterical.

" If you don't act like a girl in school you get judged as being a problem child and drugged."

I guess it proves that this hysterical assertion from you is ... hysterical.

" If you don't act like a girl in school you get judged as being a problem child and drugged."

Boys are four times more likely to be diagnosed with ADD and be put on Ritalin than girls. Why do you suppose that is?

Why are 80% of school dropouts boys? Why are the numbers of boys in post-secondary education continuing to decline?

Schools are designed for girls and run by women. They like things neat and orderly. They vastly prefer cooperation to competition. Competition, in fact, is frowned upon, even, in growing numbers, in sports. Yet boys thrive on competition. They tend to be louder and more rambunctious than girls, and so are continually getting into trouble with the feminized school system.

Just retract your hysterical and flighty statements, or chalk them up to being temporarily aflutter or something and we'll move on.

My, my. Are you so 'aflutter' you felt the need to respond twice to the same post? Or are you trying to use quantity to make up for the lack of quality in your posts?

Edited by Argus

Young men enjoy saying outrageous things especially about girls. Everyone knows it's not serious.

They started a misogynistic Facebook group where they discussed raping women and other such abhorrent topics on the anniversary of the École Polytechnique murders. Excuse me if I don't find that even remotely humorous and find it sick that anyone would.

When it's done publicly, everyone knows it's harassment, and treated as such.

The world has moved on without you, Argus.

I'd really like to drown my sorrows, but I can't get my wife to go swimming. -- Jimmy Carter.

Jokes are not serious. Even when (gasp) they're suggestive of 'violence against women' (gasp!) You'd realize that if you had ever had even a tiny sense of humour.

I'd really like to drown my sorrows, but I can't get my wife to go swimming. -- Jimmy Carter.

Jokes are not serious. Even when (gasp) they're suggestive of 'violence against women' (gasp!) You'd realize that if you had ever had even a tiny sense of humour.

Oh, I see what your problem is. You're still living in the 70s.

Oh, I see what your problem is. You're still living in the 70s.

What difference does the decade make? Are you saying if Jimmy Carter said that in the seventies it was okay, but if some other pretty liberal guy was to say it today it would be an indication that they are dangerous to women and should be kicked out of whatever job, position or classroom they spend their time in?

If this was a Muslim Facebook group "joking" about blowing up their class, would you still find the humour in it?

There's a huge difference between something that is clearly a joke... it even had a punchline in your example... and a Facebook group that discusses violence against specific women in the same class as these perps.

If this was a Muslim Facebook group "joking" about blowing up their class, would you still find the humour in it?

Different situation. Kinda like shouting fire in a theater.

There's a huge difference between something that is clearly a joke... it even had a punchline in your example... and a Facebook group that discusses violence against specific women in the same class as these perps.

It didn't say "Let's go and rape Suzie" or anything similar. They joked about which women they'd like to have sex with - which is something young men have talked about since the dawn of time, and one posted a joke to the affect you might need to use chloroform for some of them.

Different situation. Kinda like shouting fire in a theater.

It didn't say "Let's go and rape Suzie" or anything similar. They joked about which women they'd like to have sex with - which is something young men have talked about since the dawn of time, and one posted a joke to the affect you might need to use chloroform for some of them.

You are repeating sexist remarks with violence attached to it towards women and yet you have no clue as to the impact these type of remarks have on women. Why do you encourage and justify this type of behaviour that is highly offensive and distressful to women? I just don't get it. Do you get your rocks off this way? Just wondering why else you would condone it.

You are repeating sexist remarks with violence attached to it towards women and yet you have no clue as to the impact these type of remarks have on women. Why do you encourage and justify this type of behaviour that is highly offensive and distressful to women? I just don't get it. Do you get your rocks off this way? Just wondering why else you would condone it.

Because it wasn't his wife or daughter that was being threatened and even if she was he'd just tell her, "Settle down, kitten. Thems just jokes."