Let's Talk About the Raptors

Big Guy

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a shit show. They kept running the high screen over and over in the fourth with the same lousy outcome. Pacers are giving space to the others but smothering DeRozan and Lowry. If they don't stop trying to be heroes and rely more on their teammates to score, they're done. I don't know how many times DeRozan shot from the corner of the box with two guys on him and a third in the paint. It was like watching someone bang their head on a wall over and over again then wondering why they have a headache. Also, you'd think they would have learned by now that you can't leave Hill open. He will drop threes all night long if they're uncontested.

The Raptors played sooooo well for 3 quarters.

They went into the prevent defence after being up 16 points and almost blew it. 11 points in a quarter is the worst Game 7 performance in the Shot Clock era. That would have been a tough pill to swallow should they lose.

They match up well against Miami, hopefully there's less pressure on Lowry and DeRozen now that the monkey is off their back.

It's guys like Carroll, Powell, Biyambo and my man Joseph that make this team much different than ones in the past.

Big Guy strategy for beating the Heat.

Start Scola. First time Heat have the ball: put Lowry on Wade. Wade will ask for a clear out to take Lowry inside - one on one. Heat, Raptors spread the defense. Scola lurks in the corner. Lowry lets Wade beat him and as Wade drives to the hoop, Scola runs out of the corner, shoulder down, and takes Wade into the second tier of seats, maybe taking the beer lady and the Heat bench with him.

Scola - gone for the series.

Wade - limps through the series if he survives the blow

Advantage Raptors! :D

Edited by Big Guy

Big Guy strategy for beating the Heat.

Start Scola. First time Heat have the ball: put Lowry on Wade. Wade will ask for a clear out to take Lowry inside - one on one. Heat, Raptors spread the defense. Scola lurks in the corner. Lowry lets Wade beat him and as Wade drives to the hoop, Scola runs out of the corner, shoulder down, and takes Wade into the second tier of seats, maybe taking the beer lady and the Heat bench with him.

Scola - gone for the series.

Wade - limps through the series if he survives the blow

Advantage Raptors! :D

So why didn't they do this against Paul George?

Wade doesn't really worry me. Carroll could guard George (for the most part) and no one on the Heat is that good. Also no one can guard DeRozen like George did.

The Raptors played sooooo well for 3 quarters.

They went into the prevent defence after being up 16 points and almost blew it. 11 points in a quarter is the worst Game 7 performance in the Shot Clock era. That would have been a tough pill to swallow should they lose.

They match up well against Miami, hopefully there's less pressure on Lowry and DeRozen now that the monkey is off their back.

It's guys like Carroll, Powell, Biyambo and my man Joseph that make this team much different than ones in the past.

Powell was killing it last night. I hope he keeps it up through the playoffs. That last quarter was almost a give away though like you said. I damn near had a heart attack.

So which statistic is either the Heat or Raptors destined to break out of for Game 2. Lowry and DeRozen inability to break the 40% shooting mark or the Heat combining for 40+ turnovers in 2 games. The Heat nearly shot 50% and still lost because they cough up the ball so much.

They either can't keep shooting that well long term or are going to take care of the ball better. Something's gotta give.

Lowry was better but still inefficient. DeRozen was aight. The big eye-popping stat is he went like 2-9 from the charity stripe. He never does that.

Edited by Boges

I think fatigue is setting in here. I'm a Raptors fan through and rough, but last night was getting a bit dirty with the fouls. We're into the grind now and I think they're getting sloppy. It's a shame with Lowry, but consider how well they're doing in spite of his drought. This team is a lot deeper than they get credit for, IMHO.

I think fatigue is setting in here. I'm a Raptors fan through and rough, but last night was getting a bit dirty with the fouls. We're into the grind now and I think they're getting sloppy. It's a shame with Lowry, but consider how well they're doing in spite of his drought. This team is a lot deeper than they get credit for, IMHO.

How polite Canadian that you think those fouls were sloppy. That DeRozen foul where Whiteside hurt his arm was 100% intentional and the that charge with Drogic was a charge and the hit in the face wasn't incidental.

When you consider the Heat depend on older players like Deng, Wade and Johnson, fatigue is actually to the Raptors benefit.

Edited by Boges

Both teams give blatant fouls. Biyombo gets Smashed in the face intentionally and JV has had his arms yanked too. As fatigue sets in, I think the teams are going to rely more and more on "shortcuts." I don't think DeRozan meant to bust Dragić's face open either. He was looking to draw contact for sure, but the elbow was definitely an accident, IMO.

Hey look Kyle Lowry showed up!

JV going down sucked, they were headed to a comfortable win until that point.

Biyambo can't do that position alone and Scola embarrassed himself. Perhaps Bebe (Nogeira) could suit up in a pinch.

A twisted ankle isnt as bad as the knee injury Hassan Whiteside suffered. He's probably done.

This'll be a guard battle from now on. Should JV not be 100% I'd rather him miss game 4 and be available in better shape for Game 5.

What the hell happened to Scola? He was alright earlier in the season, but has gone downhill fast. He seems like such a nice dude too.

He's pretty old. Something to be said about being forgotten for 5 games when you were a starter for much of the season.

They were also playing him at the 5. I. Don't think he's been used there all year.

Patterson was better at that spot.

My initial reaction was how disrespectful it was to the singer. My second reaction was incredulous that there were a ton of others on the court not paying attention either. Then I shrugged.

There is however a rule of conduct that he broke.

Not Raptors but basketball - Stephen Curry has just won the MVP for the NBA:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/10/sport/stephen-curry-returns/index.html

The Golden State Warriors guard became the first unanimous MVP winner in NBA history on Tuesday, earning all 131 first-place votes for a total of 1,310 points. Saw him pot 17 points in one overtime period last night.

Would you trade Lowry and DeRozan for Curry?

If not then who would you give up for Curry?