Justin Trudeau's Book - because "it's all about Justin&#34

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No revisionist history. Harper was handed the Reform Party. Trudeau actually taught school and successfully completed at least two degrees. not to mention he grew up at 24 Sussex, talk about political backgrounding. Harper got handed a job in the mailroom.

Trudeau taught drama for a short time and was a bartender for 2 shifts and quit because it was to hard. JT did not even want the job. And growing up with his parents does nothing. He is a member of the elite, and has very little in common with the regular folk.

I suppose he would have had to do some economics when configuring the mail and how many stamps to put on the envelope so I guess you may have a point.

And what was your 1st job and when was trudeau's 1st job.

Trudeau taught drama for a short time and was a bartender for 2 shifts and quit because it was to hard. JT did not even want the job. And growing up with his parents does nothing. He is a member of the elite, and has very little in common with the regular folk.

No, he taught english, french, social studies, math, and drama for 3 years. And growing up with one of the longest serving and most successful/popular Prime Ministers in the history of the country you reckon means nothing, but experience in the mail room is a better prerequisite?

I think that it is fair to question Trudeau's experience... but when the political hacks pretend Harper was so much more experienced when he became PM is what is silly and hypocritical.

Unlike Stephen Harper, that is, who had previously been a lobbyist for a shadowy conservative group that has been against public health care, labourers and Vietnamese refugees. And a one-term MP for a party that never won government. And, er, that’s it.

It is a tried and tested formula, and that is why the CKM likes it. Michael Ignatieff, out-of-touch academic. Stephane Dion (ditto). Paul Martin, rapacious, tax-dodging shipping baron. And so on.

If you pay close attention to what conservatives like Palin and Harper say about their political opponents, snide remarks and insinuations about a liberal’s employment history are never too far from the surface. They do it all the time. And they’re doing it again with Trudeau.

There’s a risk in such a strategy, however. As Palin discovered, quite a few people — younger people, newcomers, women — considered Obama’s experience as a community organizer to be, you know, good. They voted accordingly.

The same goes for teachers like Trudeau. Those of us with kids know that teachers, on balance, have better reputations than one-term Reform MPs who hate public health care.

So, knock yourself out, CKM. It didn’t work for Sarah Palin, and it won’t work for you.

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/10/12/justin-trudeaus-resume-compares-favourably-to-stephen-harpers

And what was your 1st job and when was trudeau's 1st job.

My first job? Making brooms and ferrier (shoeing the big draft horses) at Pioneer Village to entertain the crowds .

Pik, the point is, both of them had little experience to where they are now. They are both getting/got the chance and both willhave done well when all is said and done.

One can counter Harpers lack of political experience with JT's upbringing, where it is said he learned plenty at the elbow of his Dad.

Once can counter JT's lack of political experience with Harpers policy/NCC work.

But it truely is laughable (and stupidly not worth pulling a damn post) that people here want to make fun of JT's experience when Harper has the exact same lacking experience.

My first job? Making brooms and ferrier (shoeing the big draft horses) at Pioneer Village to entertain the crowds .

Pik, the point is, both of them had little experience to where they are now. They are both getting/got the chance and both willhave done well when all is said and done.

One can counter Harpers lack of political experience with JT's upbringing, where it is said he learned plenty at the elbow of his Dad.

Once can counter JT's lack of political experience with Harpers policy/NCC work.

But it truely is laughable (and stupidly not worth pulling a damn post) that people here want to make fun of JT's experience when Harper has the exact same lacking experience.

They call your condition "willful blindness". Unfortunately, there is no cure.

No revisionist history. Harper was handed the Reform Party. Trudeau actually taught school and successfully completed at least two degrees. not to mention he grew up at 24 Sussex, talk about political backgrounding. Harper got handed a job in the mailroom.

Harper managed the creation of the Conservative Party from the combination of the Reform Party, which was still pretty close to regional, and the Progressive Conservative Party. That was hardly having a party "handed" to him. What was handed him was a party doomed to alternate between opposition and third or fourth place to some combination of Liberals, Bloc and the NDP.. He turned it into a party that has governed since its second post-union election. They have won three elections, and last as a solid majority.

Does the social worker even hold a candle to him? If it wasn't for his last name he'd be nothing. His last name was "handed" to him.

Harper managed the creation of the Conservative Party from the combination of the Reform Party, which was still pretty close to regional, and the Progressive Conservative Party. That was hardly having a party "handed" to him. What was handed him was a party doomed to alternate between opposition and third or fourth place to some combination of Liberals, Bloc and the NDP.. He turned it into a party that has governed since its second post-union election. They have won three elections, and last as a solid majority.

Does the social worker even hold a candle to him? If it wasn't for his last name he'd be nothing. His last name was "handed" to him.

What was handed him was a party that has been in power about one third of the time in Canada's history, and for very good reason. He's headed back to the mailroom from whence he came.

What was handed him was a party that has been in power about one third of the time in Canada's history, and for very good reason. He's headed back to the mailroom from whence he came.

If he was handed any party it was either called Reform or Alliance. He was not handed the Progressive Conservative Party under which Bennett, Diefenbaker, Clark or Mulroney ruled. Get your facts straight.

He re-created that party, but he was handed Reform or Alliance. You probably remember its short-lived acronym, CRAP, which stood for Conservative Reform Alliance Party. They quickly changed that name by adding "Canadian" somewhere in the name to break the acronym. I'm not googling so I don't have the exact pre-merger name.

My facts are quite straight. What is interesting is he got handed the party from, and worshiped at the feet of, Preston Manning, who now is quite critical of where he has taken the party.

A foiunder can be great but doesn't get to dictate where his successors take a party or a country. Do you think Washington would have approved of much that Obama's doing? Do you really think Macdonald would have approved of Trudeau the Smarter's upheaval of Canada?

What a cool job to start out with, did you ever think of making a carreer out of that?, and IMO harper has more real life experience the JT would ever have. And listening to you father all the time ,gives you one side of things. Edited by PIK

I think that it is fair to question Trudeau's experience... but when the political hacks pretend Harper was so much more experienced when he became PM is what is silly and hypocritical.

Obama. lol It will take yrs to fix his mess and that is what we will get with JT a huge mess.

They call your condition "willful blindness". Unfortunately, there is no cure.

LOL, Im sorry that Harpers mail room jobs that daddy gave him, failed attempt at UofT are such that you feel beholden to boost his prior image.

Blindness? Its all right there to see. If not, oh PLEASE do set us straight.

What a cool job to start out with, did you ever think of making a carreer out of that?,

Well I did have life aspirations of making brooms by hand....No! Are you #*#*#*# kidding me?

A ferrier I figured would not be a good job, dont know horse people and didnt live in the country.

and IMO harper has more real life experience the JT would ever have.

He does right this minute....yes, No one will deny that. But as I said, given time the outlook at the end of the life review should show both with major accomplishments.

And listening to you father all the time ,gives you one side of things.

Thats no doubt true.

But when your dad is PM, you are likely to learn plenty of stuff.

LOL, Im sorry that Harpers mail room jobs that daddy gave him, failed attempt at UofT are such that you feel beholden to boost his prior image.

Blindness? Its all right there to see. If not, oh PLEASE do set us straight.

I started out in the mail room. Worked my way up. I've done reasonably well. How about you? As I said, sounds like the mail room is beneath you to start a career. A Masters in Economics doesn't sound like a failed attempt to me. Like I said - Willful Blindness. Willful partisan blindness. You've missed a bunch of posts that I've injected into various threads.....but here it is again. Canada needs two strong parties - and the Liberals have been lost for a while. Dion, Ignatieff. I was very, very disappointed when they anointed Trudeau instead of giving someone like Garneau a chance. I've voted Liberal in the past and would consider it again with the right leader and honest policies. Somehow I doubt you have that same balance. If Trudeau's last name was Smith or Fortier, he wouldn't even be considered for a leadership position - anywhere. It's just reality. I know you'd wish it otherwise...... but that's Willful Blindness.

Edited by Keepitsimple

I started out in the mail room. Worked my way up. I've done reasonably well. How about you? As I said, sounds like the mail room is beneath you to start a career.

Not at all. Like most people I too have had menial jobs as a teen. Nothing wrong with that at all.

A Masters in Economics doesn't sound like a failed attempt to me.

Its not. No one said it was either. Heres where the disconnect, or rather boosterism gets tiresome.

JT has 2 degrees too, so in essence they are both educated. We surely should be able to agree on that.

One went on to become a teacher, the other to work for the NCC. Nothing really to report there either. Both were young.

Both will have or be young when they assumed leadership of the party. Again, pretty much equal ground.

Like I said - Willful Blindness. Willful partisan blindness.

And this is where you and others go off the rail . You (collectively) have mocked JTs accomplishments all the while Harper had the same background of nothing to prepare them for office. JT had dad, Harper had Manning. Again, no diff.

FOr me to have blindness I would have to posit that JTs resume is vastly superior to Harpers. It isnt, they were both greenhorns when elevated to Party leader. My only point has been to laugh at the attempts to put one over the other.

You've missed a bunch of posts that I've injected into various threads.....but here it is again. Canada needs two strong parties - and the Liberals have been lost for a while. Dion, Ignatieff. I was very, very disappointed when they anointed Trudeau instead of giving someone like Garneau a chance. I've voted Liberal in the past and would consider it again with the right leader and honest policies. Somehow I doubt you have that same balance. If Trudeau's last name was Smith or Fortier, he wouldn't even be considered for a leadership position - anywhere. It's just reality. I know you'd wish it otherwise...... but that's Willful Blindness.

Yea...so what?

The Liberals obviously think he can deliver . His name alone may do that.

Methinks you havent any idea what wilful blindness means. So far you havent shown me where I knowingly ignored an aspect of either persons background.

Seriously though, people want to mock JT and use drama teacher disparingly, go right ahead, but when others laugh about Harper being a mailboy, people shouldnt be so thin skinned.

Dont doubt, heres the skinny, Id vote for Harper if he had honest policies and was the right leader.

Obama. lol It will take yrs to fix his mess and that is what we will get with JT a huge mess.

OK let's look at some real history: what did Obama get handed if it wasn't a horrible mess, and certainly no lol matter. What did Harper get handed, a surplus budget he quickly turned into huge defecit which perhaps he has now recovered, albeit with a little creative accounting.

Well I did have life aspirations of making brooms by hand....No! Are you #*#*#*# kidding me?

A ferrier I figured would not be a good job, dont know horse people and didnt live in the country.

He does right this minute....yes, No one will deny that. But as I said, given time the outlook at the end of the life review should show both with major accomplishments.

Thats no doubt true.

But when your dad is PM, you are likely to learn plenty of stuff.

lol I was talking ferrier, I know onw that has done well. And when your dad is PET you learn all the wrong stuff.