Canada To Launch Airstrikes Against ISIL

I guess what surprises me most is how badly most of you peacemongers guessed this would turn out.

A majority of the "Canadian people" will not stand by and let ISIL continue to rape and pillage with impunity.

What surprises me the least is hearing an American who always wants trot out the old standby "Praise the Lord and pass the Ammo" when they can't think of anything else.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were he a little less arrogant and a little smarter, he may have decided to at least make an attempt to bring the opposition on side. Once again, we are not talking about new parking meters here.

the lil' General Harper's inherent divisiveness does not allow him to consider anything but confrontation

Harper is taking a big risk. Heaven forbid, but when the first F 18 gets shot down and/or the first CF soldier dies, those polls will begin to swing. Mulcair and JT will be in a perfect position to say "I told you so". Were he a little less arrogant and a little smarter, he may have decided to at least make an attempt to bring the opposition on side. Once again, we are not talking about new parking meters here.

So the Liberals and NDP's political fortunes rest on the deaths of Canadian service members?

Attempt to inflame? Do you not think Trudeau's disparaging (and baseless) remarks about the Canadian Forces were an attempt to inflame (and crack a few jokes) at the expense of the men and women in the armed forces?

are you claiming your slimeball tactics attempting to draw reference to Trudeau senior are because you took exception to comments from JT? Some might suggest your response is infantile!

perhaps I missed something here... can you relate the disparagement you interpret in "some comments made". Like I said, perhaps I've missed something here... waiting...

That's true....they are hoping for a "quagmire" and subsequent political advantage. Sad....

I've just pulled away from a couple of U.S. political boards I check out on occasion. There's some very critical... but respective exchanges going on over differing opinions on the U.S. bombing of Syria. Is there any particular reason you feel a need to share your poorly exhibited excuse for contributing here... rather than showcasing your "insightful" comments on a U.S. discussion board?

are you claiming your slimeball tactics attempting to draw reference to Trudeau senior are because you took exception to comments from JT? Some might suggest your response is infantile!

perhaps I missed something here... can you relate the disparagement you interpret in "some comments made". Like I said, perhaps I've missed something here... waiting...

Both his whipping out remarks and questioning of the capability of the RCAF.........Both very offensive to past and present serving members, much like the NDP's Pat Martin's homage to GI Joes.......

For sure......and is why they draw parallels between Iraq 2003 and Iraq 2014......even though the circumstances are drastically different.

just how drastically different are the circumstances of the outcome of the illegal U.S. invasion of Iraq as compared to the impetus behind this latest go-around of "what goes around, comes around"?

Both his whipping out remarks and questioning of the capability of the RCAF.........Both very offensive to past and present serving members

questioning capability? I missed that... what was said?

the "whipping out" comment wasn't directed at the military in any way... it was a (poorly framed) reference directed at Harper/Harper Conservatives.

just how drastically different are the circumstances of the outcome of the illegal U.S. invasion of Iraq as compared to the impetus behind this latest go-around of "what goes around, comes around"?

The democratic Government of Iraq has requested for such intervention presently......Saddam, not so much.

The democratic Government of Iraq has requested for such intervention presently......Saddam, not so much.

that's not what I asked: again... "just how drastically different are the circumstances of the outcome of the illegal U.S. invasion of Iraq as compared to the impetus behind this latest go-around of "what goes around, comes around"?"

questioning capability? I missed that... what was said?

the "whipping out" comment wasn't directed at the military in any way... it was a (poorly framed) reference directed at Harper/Harper Conservatives.

Something to the effect of Canada's aged fighters not being up to the task......made as a statement last Thursday(?).

As to "whipping out", perhaps you can understand why some would take umbrage, namely those with a daughter within the RCAF, to being depicted as an extension of ones political machismo by a person that could very well send these men and women to war in the future......

that's not what I asked: again... "just how drastically different are the circumstances of the outcome of the illegal U.S. invasion of Iraq as compared to the impetus behind this latest go-around of "what goes around, comes around"?"

Fail to understand the question......elaborate further perhaps?

Something to the effect of Canada's aged fighters not being up to the task......made as a statement last Thursday(?).

As to "whipping out", perhaps you can understand why some would take umbrage, namely those with a daughter within the RCAF, to being depicted as an extension of ones political machismo by a person that could very well send these men and women to war in the future......

the comment I'm familiar with speaks to "deploying a handful of aging war planes"... given everything you've had to say about 4th vs 5th gen, about the burning need to purchase F-35s... about the inadequacies of Hornets, etc., ... are you truly saying you would take exception to that comment?

again, the "whipping out" comment wasn't directed towards the military. Just how desperate and super-sensitive are you to attempt to seek cover using "daughters" for cover?

It is what we do, I know the left has been scrambling trying to find something for us to skip our responsibilities in this world. You know and I know if trudeau was PM and did this you all would be behind it. It now time for all canadians to put away the partisan crap and back this government.

This government can go piss up a rope. If Trudeau was behind this, he'd be in over his head too.

...all legal like.

as if you give a rats-patooey over legality! You have a treasure-trove of past comments snubbing your nose at the UN labeling the 2003 invasion 'illegal'... you have a vast chest-thumping array of past comments highlighting the U.S. makes it's own laws and could care less about the UN or international law (as in the trumped up U.S. law declaring the Iraqi invasion "legal")...

the comment I'm familiar with speaks to "deploying a handful of aging war planes"... given everything you've had to say about 4th vs 5th gen, about the burning need to purchase F-35s... about the inadequacies of Hornets, etc., ... are you truly saying you would take exception to that comment?

Without a doubt, the Hornet presently is a modern combat aircraft, and combined with the men and women that fly and service them, just as capable as those being currently flown by the USN against ISIS........again baseless talking point.

again, the "whipping out" comment wasn't directed towards the military. Just how desperate and super-sensitive are you to attempt to seek cover using "daughters" for cover?

Perhaps by intent, but comparisons drawn around such quips are offensive to a great many.........And no "cover" is required, my eldest is in the RCAF.