Invalidating Canadian Passports

Big Guy

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not on first blush .

I would expect some sort of review/trial and so forth.

Govt restricting movements just because conerns me.

I agree with your pts, but if found out that they have been travelling to the front lines, and then coming back, then what?

Ok if you're right, then there should be all kinds of links that are out there saying that a passport is a privelage.

Still have not seen one link from any of you that clearly says that the passport order is a privelage, not a right.

WWWTT

Please, do your own damn investigating , this is beyond stupid.

No wait....here ya go... http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/const/page-15.html

As you will see ( but likely not since it involves reading and comprehension) there is no mention of a passport being a right.

Are there any government services that are clearly charter rights?

Still have not provided a link showing a case where it was shown that a judge has ruled that a passport is a privelage, not a right!

If you are pulled over, and you blow over the limit, your driver's license will be taken away automatically before any trial.

This was ruled back and forth some years ago but finally held ground because it was eventually settled that a drivers license is a privelage, not a right.

You're going to have to do your homework and find a case where a passport was pulled under similar circumstance and a judge(s) made similar rulings.

If not, then it stands that a passport is a right under section 6 of the charter.

WWWTT

Read the Charter. the right to a passport ain't in there. The court ruled on a law, not a right.

Section 6 says you have the right to leave and enter Canada. Canada does not ask you for a passport when you leave. Other countries will not let you enter without one. That has nothing to do with Canada. By the same token, a Canadian citizen doesn't need a passport to enter Canada. You might find yourself cooling your heels until your citizenship is confirmed but once it is, you cannot be denied entry.

Understand the difference.

One thing that does concern me a bit with the gov's new proposals is (and I don't know it it has hapenned yet) to revoke someones passport who may or may not be up to no good, while they are out of the country. I would at least think they should be allowed back, then pull the passport, and then proceed with whatever criminal investigation is warranted.

One thing that does concern me a bit with the gov's new proposals is (and I don't know it it has hapenned yet) to revoke someones passport who may or may not be up to no good, while they are out of the country. I would at least think they should be allowed back, then pull the passport, and then proceed with whatever criminal investigation is warranted.

If they are a born and bred Canuck then it would make little difference apart from not being able to use it further to keep on travelling.

Read the Charter. the right to a passport ain't in there. The court ruled on a law, not a right.

Wrong on both parts.

You CAN NOT LEAVE CANADA WITHOUT A PASSPORT! PERIOD!

A Passport HAS BECOME an integral part of your ability to freely travel in and out of Canada.

If you think you can leave Canada without a passport, then be my guest. Where are you going to go by the way?

Court ruled that the law complied with the charter. National security is a legal reason to deny a passport. In other words, if someone will/may cause harm to other Canadians/Canadian rights then that persons right to a passport can be denied.

Very simple basic stuff really.

Go ahead prove me wrong.

Oh and by the way, if you don't provide a link like I asked, as far as I'm concerned, none exists and you are wrong.

I'm finished here with this

WWWTT

Damn dude, you are quite the ....well..not really sure what your problem is apart from reading and comprehension.

Wrong on both parts.

Prove him wrong, youve been asked to for some time now. But you wont.

Sure you can. Done all the time. Got in to the US without one, showed them my DL and Birth Cert.

Ever hear of a Nexus card? Obviously not.

If you think you can leave Canada without a passport, then be my guest. Where are you going to go by the way?

The US.

Very simple basic stuff really.

And you continually prove your ignorance on this. It isnt simple for you, sorry about that, life must be hard.

Go ahead prove me wrong.

Already done at least three or four times. Would five or six make any difference? You cannot read so why post anymore?

I'm finished here with this

WWWTT

Oh lord please let this be true.

You have been wrong since you started here.

Wrong on both parts.

A Passport HAS BECOME an integral part of your ability to freely travel in and out of Canada.

Show me the Canadian law that says I can't leave the country without a passport. At no time do I have to show a passport to any Canadian government official when I leave this country. The passport is required for me to gain entry to another country, not get out of Canada. Going to OZ next month. The Australian government says I need a passport with at least 6 months remaining before expiry and a visa, which I get from them. The reason the airline wants to see my documents before I leave is because they don't want the expense and trouble of putting me up and carrying me back to Canada when Australia kicks me out for not having the proper documents The Canadian government could care less, it's my and the airline's problem..

Do it all the time. Yesterday as a matter of fact. I also have a Nexus card.

Still waiting for those links I requested, not really interested in hearing any more blabbering jiberish from a bunch of people who are desperately frantically searching for something but keep coming up empty handed!

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&ved=0CDgQFjAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cic.gc.ca%2Fenglish%2Fhelpcentre%2Fanswer.asp%3Fq%3D412%26t%3D2&ei=lWUjVN72BYPIsAS7wYDgBw&usg=AFQjCNGGrTmVmTJlE01_0Am7BhEi4Z6U5g&bvm=bv.76247554,d.cWc&cad=rja

WWWTT

Still waiting for those links I requested, not really interested in hearing any more blabbering jiberish from a bunch of people who are desperately frantically searching for something but keep coming up empty handed!

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&ved=0CDgQFjAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cic.gc.ca%2Fenglish%2Fhelpcentre%2Fanswer.asp%3Fq%3D412%26t%3D2&ei=lWUjVN72BYPIsAS7wYDgBw&usg=AFQjCNGGrTmVmTJlE01_0Am7BhEi4Z6U5g&bvm=bv.76247554,d.cWc&cad=rja

WWWTT

Again, the your link says your child has the right to apply for a passport.

Oh when it's going to end boys?

I'll keep going until all you guys have left is your paper bag to breathe in!

The Government of Canada recommends that Canadian citizens travel with a valid Canadian passport because it is the only reliable and universally accepted travel and identification document available to Canadians for the purpose of international travel.

International transportation companies such as airlines may require travellers to present a passport. Therefore, Canadian citizens may face delays or may not be allowed to board the plane or other conveyance if they present other documents such as those noted below.

From this site

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=10&ved=0CFMQFjAJ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca%2Fsecurity-securite%2Fadmiss-eng.html&ei=lWUjVN72BYPIsAS7wYDgBw&usg=AFQjCNF6tLzOlHxdS-StbUo1Gfvax5kNwA&bvm=bv.76247554,d.cWc&cad=rja

WWWTT

If only there was a .gc.ca link that tells us about passports. Hmm.....

Unfortunately only courts can interpret the charter of rights and freedoms.

The government doesn't have the final say, except for that section 33 thing.

WWWTT

Oh when it's going to end boys?

I'll keep going until all you guys have left is your paper bag to breathe in!

The Government of Canada recommends that Canadian citizens travel with a valid Canadian passport because it is the only reliable and universally accepted travel and identification document available to Canadians for the purpose of international travel.

International transportation companies such as airlines may require travellers to present a passport. Therefore, Canadian citizens may face delays or may not be allowed to board the plane or other conveyance if they present other documents such as those noted below.

From this site

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=10&ved=0CFMQFjAJ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca%2Fsecurity-securite%2Fadmiss-eng.html&ei=lWUjVN72BYPIsAS7wYDgBw&usg=AFQjCNF6tLzOlHxdS-StbUo1Gfvax5kNwA&bvm=bv.76247554,d.cWc&cad=rja

WWWTT

What is it you don't understand about the word "recommends".

I've already told you the reason transportation companies will ask you for documentation.

rec·om·mend (rebreve.gifklprime.gifschwa.gif-mebreve.gifndprime.gif)

v. rec·om·mend·ed, rec·om·mend·ing, rec·om·mends
v.tr.
1. To praise or commend (one) to another as being worthy or desirable; endorse: recommended him for the job; recommended a car instead of an SUV.
2. To make (the possessor, as of an attribute) attractive or acceptable: Honesty recommends any person.
3. To commit to the charge of another; entrust.
4. To advise or counsel: She recommended that we be on time. See Synonyms at advise.
v.intr.
To give advice or counsel: "recommended against signing an international agreement" (Time).
WWWTT

Back to playing the same old games again of trying to imply key words have slightly different meaning hey buddy.

Sounds like you've got nothing left, take a rest now my friend.

Maybe tomorrow you can find a different angle to put on the links that ONLY I provide.

Or maybe by that time you can find a link that I can take pot shots at!!!

Hey wouldn't that be something! You provide the links, and I provide the negating opinions!

Sounds like an easy job to me, maybe that's why you guys don't provide links, you're all lazy!

WWWTT