Invalidating Canadian Passports

Big Guy

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because terrorists would be travelling abroad with those documents? Even with those documents you's still have to apply for a new passport before re-entering Canada, That application I assume would be denied. By removing their passports you are in effect removing their citizenship.

Not at all.

Born here? They cannot keep you out. Period.

Because terrorists would be travelling abroad with those documents? Even with those documents you's still have to apply for a new passport before re-entering Canada, That application I assume would be denied. By removing their passports you are in effect removing their citizenship.

Wrong. You are removing their ability to travel on a Canadian passport. Like your drivers license, your passport belongs to the government, your citizenship belongs to you.

Of course you can and you have the right to a fair trial when you're caught too. We have laws and a judiciary. They ought to be followed. I don't want a government that can decide for partisan reasons that it's going to take away passports and limit mobility rights. People who fight for ISIS should be tried in the judiciary under the applicable laws, not have their citizenships or passports revoked on a political whim.

Agreed!

WWWTT

Also incorrect. It is not uncommon for passports to be denied or removed and it has no impact whatsoever on Canadian citizenship.

I have an example in my family.

Please elaborate.

I'm not asking for a name, just give us a sense of what happened

thanks

WWWTT

How about commiting an indictable offence in Canada, or a similar offence abroad. How about going to prison or being refused permission to leave the country. That's just a few.

Ya you see, this is why I ask for a link.

I already know that in order for the government to do what you say, you have to be CONVICTED. In other words, you have to have your day in court (but probably several)

I was hoping that if you did some homework, you can bring up your debating skills a couple notches.

WWWTT

Your reading comprehension needs some work.

That depends on how you feel about this thread?

If you agree with the government, then I hit the nail on the head,

If you disagree, then i misread your comment.

Regardless, the Canadian government pre Harper conservatives used to petition foreign governments who executed Canadians, strictly because there is no death penalty withing Canada!

Just going from memory, I believe there were cases from the US China and Iran where this happened.

WWWTT

That depends on how you feel about this thread?

No, but thats funny and thank you for that.

It comes from the fact, observable in this thread, that you read something then totally miss the point or dont get it at all.

Just going from memory, I believe there were cases from the US China and Iran where this happened.

WWWTT

Theres your problem...

No, but thats funny and thank you for that.

It comes from the fact, observable in this thread, that you read something then totally miss the point or dont get it at all.

Theres your problem...

LOL

Looks like the suspensions are starting to work, you didn't try insulting anybody!

WWWTT

Theres your problem...

Oh look at what I missed, this part of your comment is actually a very weak attempt at insult. Very easy to miss actually.

Looks like you got a PISS POOR DEBATER tattoed on your forehead as well!

Keep trying to rub it off budy, you're getting there!

WWWTT