Moncton NB shooting

No I wouldn't bet on anything.

The last major cop shooting out in Alberta saw the alleged suspect getting popped on the scene.

That wasn't the case here so that may or may not indicate that the circumstances are very different?

I just hope the judge doesn't put on info ban on this case.

WWWTT

Maybe it's obvious to people of common sense that some people have no value to society alive but the Court system can't act with the necessary speed or certainty.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There wasn't an unarmed person shot.

Shooting an unarmed person is not the same as shooting an armed person.

You can see the difference no?

An armed person can shoot you just as you can shoot them.

An unarmed person is at a huge disadvantage against an armed person.

Shooting an unarmed person is a cowardly act.

WWWTT

Somehow if the person is a cop killer I don't care if they literally have weapons on them. That person is of no value.

Doesn't matter if you are or were aware of whether the person was wearing a uniform.

Killing a cop usually carries a first degree.

But you have to be aware that you are killing a cop.

But it sounds like you are making things up again!

Read em and weep buddy!

http://ri.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0LEViASCpNTh08AIEwXFwx.;_ylu=X3oDMTByMG04Z2o2BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkAw--/RV=2/RE=1402174099/RO=10/RU=http%3a%2f%2fwww.cbc.ca%2fnews%2fcanada%2fwomen-convicted-of-killing-toronto-police-officer-1.189824/RK=0/RS=4Np4jUK13VPj3pVNypOTBWsEwJo-

WWWTT

In this situation he talked about standing off with his guns, showed open contempt regularly for the kind of people he targeted, and put his plan into motion, killing 3 people. The charge here is first degree whether they were cops or not.

I think you are right.

But charge does not mean conviction.

WWWTT

Sorry but the PM is a public figure that is not free of criticism.

In other words, he is held to a higher standard than Jo Blow or Jane Do.

WWWTT

So in your eyes a politician be it the PM or an MP is guilty until proven innocent? They don't deserve due process? I can have an opinion on Mulcair and his guilt or innocence on a particular crime but cant have one here? How do you plan on suppressing my freedom of thought and speech?

Oh you mean that Polish immigrant that got repeatedly tazered to death out at the Vancouver aeroport by the RCMP? Good thing they were professional RCMP officers that tazered him to death. I would hate to think what would have happened if they were not professionals!

WWWTT

There is 19,000 RCMP officers, the actions of one, two or even 20 officers do not represent the entire organization. Just like one teacher in Toronto caught sleeping with an underage student does not mean that all teachers will be sleeping with underage students. Just like one NDP MP stealing an expensive ring does not mean all NDP MP's are thief's.

Stop accusing me of trolling. It's a meaningless charge that is usually motivated by a differing of opinions. It is my opinion that this suspect will be subjected to some unusual treatment because his crime is seen to be the murder of police officers.

Not motivated by a difference of opinion, its motivated by your posts that are rants which have absolutely nothing to do with the subject and to top it off you provide no factual support for your "opinions".

And I don't see how it would be any different than if he went and shot up a bunch of innocent kids in a school. The personal opinions and feelings of police officers will be held in check and those who cannot hold their personal feelings in check will be relieved of their jobs. Soldiers in combat deal with prisoners who days, hours or even minutes before had killed their fellow soldiers and they go ahead and do their jobs regardless of what they would rather do with the prisoner.

If you wish to discuss this subject on a level that doesn't include your personal attacks against me for my opinions then please do so. If not and you persist in the personal attacks then you will be reported.

You can report me, but me calling you a troll is not a "personal attack" its statement of fact. This guy shooting police officers has nothing to do with the US or video games or or war movies or little green men from Mars. If you have any understanding of history you would know that people have been committing murder and spree killings long before the US was a nation, true the tools were different but the crime was not. You seem to hate the US and therefore you want to attribute every crime, every evil or negative action to them but fail to see that humans have been committing violent crimes for thousands of years before the US was a nation and will if Humanity survives be committing violent crimes for thousands of years after the US ceases to be a nation. This is why I state the fact that you are a troll, you brought absolutely nothing to the discussion but a rant on how the US caused this with their wars, video games, movies etc... and you provide zero evidence to back up your incoherent accusations.

There wasn't an unarmed person shot.

Shooting an unarmed person is not the same as shooting an armed person.

You can see the difference no?

An armed person can shoot you just as you can shoot them.

An unarmed person is at a huge disadvantage against an armed person.

Shooting an unarmed person is a cowardly act.

WWWTT

So we should all be armed then? You are saying that I should go buy a pistol and have it with me at all times?

One good aspect of having him captured alive is that we might get an insight into the thought processes that caused him to do this. I hope that information gets out before jailhouse justice is applied by his fellow incarcerated buddies.

Unfortunately, his jailhouse buddies will probably treat him like a hero. Not much love for the law and particularly police officers in the pen.

So in your eyes a politician be it the PM or an MP is guilty until proven innocent? They don't deserve due process? I can have an opinion on Mulcair and his guilt or innocence on a particular crime but cant have one here? How do you plan on suppressing my freedom of thought and speech?

Hypothetical argument.

If there is a politician accused of a crime, then let's discuss/debate that with its own thread and particulars.

I won't debate that point any further because that's all you have with that one , a hypothetical argument where you can create an entire fantasy world!

WWWTT

And what about the accused???

Try using your argument on Guy Paul Morin.

WWWTT

<sigh>. Go back and read my original post for the answer to this. Have you ever considered becoming a defense lawyer? With any luck your "grievance" attitude that has been shown in here towards the RCMP would help many criminals get lighter sentences for atrocities they commit.

There is 19,000 RCMP officers, the actions of one, two or even 20 officers do not represent the entire organization. Just like one teacher in Toronto caught sleeping with an underage student does not mean that all teachers will be sleeping with underage students. Just like one NDP MP stealing an expensive ring does not mean all NDP MP's are thief's.

Or a military colonel committing murder rape (Russell Williams)?

WWWTT

So we should all be armed then? You are saying that I should go buy a pistol and have it with me at all times?

Why?

Why would you go buy a firearm to carry with you when the people involved in this case were all carrying firearms?

What kind of logic is that?

WWWTT

<sigh>. Go back and read my original post for the answer to this. Have you ever considered becoming a defense lawyer? With any luck your "grievance" attitude that has been shown in here towards the RCMP would help many criminals get lighter sentences for atrocities they commit.

Nope sorry, not my problem you want to brush off real factual examples where the courts have failed when not considering the rights OF ALL THE PEOPLE INVOLVED!!!!!!!!

The purpose of the court is to apply the law, not to protect specific parties!

Stop moving away from our debate here and debate!

WWWTT

Stop moving away from our debate here and debate!

WWWTT

You keep talking about some debate that you think is happening. There is no debate. You've said he has a right to a fair trial, which is about as interesting a point as arguing that the sun will come up in the morning. It's banal and utterly pointless, since it's a fact and not an arguable position in a debate. So what do you imagine are the arguable positions here in this debate? What's the question being debated? What are the respective positions? I already asked you once and you just give a bunch of idiotic insults about how I'm a piss poor debater because you're tender sensibilities were hurt by me pointing out how disgustingly disrespectful you've been to the slain. Edited by cybercoma

The news coming from the US regarding guns lately is people walking around in public with assault rifles.

A minority should try the same thing just to expose these people as racists and/or hypocrites.

It's a good experiment to try. But, racists/ hypocrites do not really care or know they are racists/hypocrites. The experiment might end in a death. But that might drive your point home a little more.

The news coming from the US regarding guns lately is people walking around in public with assault rifles.

A minority should try the same thing just to expose these people as racists and/or hypocrites.

They already do...perfectly legal in many states. Considered a necessity in many parts of Alaska, where "minorities" live too.