Real Racism: Clippers Owner Bids GF to Avoid Blacks in Public

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe there are people in the 21st Century who think the name "Redskins" is acceptable. SMDH

Why not just change the team logo from;

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/im5xz2q9bjbg44xep08bf5czq/Washington_Redskins/1983/Primary_Logo

To:

https://www.wolfiesnuts.com/popup.aspx?src=/images/Product/large/24.jpg

Keep everybody happy.

Edited by Big Guy

She said she suggested radiological tests or imaging to examine his brain, and was told eventually that he had early signs of Alzheimer's.

Now it makes sense how quickly he was deemed incompetent.

Does the way he's acting count? Where's the common sense?

• 3 weeks later...

Sterling lost his case and the courts said his "wife" can sell the team.

I don't think anyone expects Sterling to accept this ruling though.

Doc Rivers (coach) and Chris Paul (Point Guard) were openly musing about not playing if Sterling is still the owner by the start of the season. Where was their conviction during the playoffs?

Sterling lost his case and the courts said his "wife" can sell the team.

I don't think anyone expects Sterling to accept this ruling though.

Doc Rivers (coach) and Chris Paul (Point Guard) were openly musing about not playing if Sterling is still the owner by the start of the season. Where was their conviction during the playoffs?

Even if he doesn't accept it, it is black letter law that if the rendering court and/or the appellate court doesn't issue a stay the closing on a sale cannot be undone. And Sterling would have to bond the sale price to get such a stay. Not bloody likely.

• 1 month later...

The is the precedent that is set by forcing a guy to sell a team for saying things on personal time.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24699045/hawks-owner-bruce-levenson-investigated-for-2012-email-will-sell-team

The email was racist in nature, and Levenson expressed his remorse for it in a statement:

“Over the past several years, I've spent a lot of time grappling with low attendance at our games and the need for the Hawks to attract more season ticket holders and corporate sponsors. Over that time, I've talked with team executives about the need for the Hawks to build a more diverse fan base that includes more suburban whites, and I shared my thoughts on why our efforts to bridge Atlanta's racial sports divide seemed to be failing.

The is the precedent that is set by forcing a guy to sell a team for saying things on personal time.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24699045/hawks-owner-bruce-levenson-investigated-for-2012-email-will-sell-team

I read his email. I don't think there was anything said in it which a reasonable person could disagree with. He said nothing insulting or racist about blacks, but he did make note that blacks as a group have lower earnings, and the team had a problem with attendance. Lower earning blacks couldn't afford to come in the numbers the team needed and higher earning suburban whites wouldn't come because the place was geared towards blacks and in a crime ridden black neighborhood. All the cheerleaders were black, for example, and the music played at all intermissions was hip-hop. The team couldn't sell those profitable corporate seats. It had to market more towards Whites and make the place more comfortable to them.

I read his email. I don't think there was anything said in it which a reasonable person could disagree with. He said nothing insulting or racist about blacks, but he did make note that blacks as a group have lower earnings, and the team had a problem with attendance. Lower earning blacks couldn't afford to come in the numbers the team needed and higher earning suburban whites wouldn't come because the place was geared towards blacks and in a crime ridden black neighborhood. All the cheerleaders were black, for example, and the music played at all intermissions was hip-hop. The team couldn't sell those profitable corporate seats. It had to market more towards Whites and make the place more comfortable to them.

Actually I found his statement more insulting to caucasians....."they ain't comin' cause ahh they's afraid the black man's going to rob them" Might be because the Hawks perpetually suck, but naw fear of black people must be it.

Actually I found his statement more insulting to caucasians....."they ain't comin' cause ahh they's afraid the black man's going to rob them" Might be because the Hawks perpetually suck, but naw fear of black people must be it.

You don't think many southern whites would be influenced into not going to a basketball game in a high crime black neighborhood, where the stadium is largely full of blacks, the cheerleaders are black, the music is hip-hop, etc.? Come on. Even though he dismisses the reality of the fear, that wouldn't mean the fear wasn't there.

You don't think many southern whites would be influenced into not going to a basketball game in a high crime black neighborhood, where the stadium is largely full of blacks, the cheerleaders are black, the music is hip-hop, etc.? Come on. Even though he dismisses the reality of the fear, that wouldn't mean the fear wasn't there.

They go to Falcon/Bulldog games in the same neighbourhood. You don't think the young white suburban Atlanta fan doesn't listen to hip-hop? I enjoy a black dancer as much as a white one....T&A IS T&A.

The Hawks suck and just like the Thrashers....Atlanta money doesn't follow a loser.....which is why the idiot was trying to sell his stake for awhile now. Maybe he thinks Magic will give him 2 B$ for his stock.

I've been hearing people defend what he said. It's just marketing. The Atlanta Braves are moving out to the burbs because of this same thing. Atlanta has a bad case of "White Flight".

Other than for football, teams in the ATL just don't draw well. Even the Falcons were perpetual losers until Michael Vick showed up.

If you want to be cynical, this guy used this as an excuse to sell the team. He probably doesn't want it anyway.

They go to Falcon/Bulldog games in the same neighbourhood. You don't think the young white suburban Atlanta fan doesn't listen to hip-hop? I enjoy a black dancer as much as a white one....T&A IS T&A.

The Hawks suck and just like the Thrashers....Atlanta money doesn't follow a loser.....which is why the idiot was trying to sell his stake for awhile now. Maybe he thinks Magic will give him 2 B$ for his stock.

The Bulldogs play in Athens, Georgia. The SEC Champioship is played in the Georgia Dome. College football is almost completely a suburban/rural sport.