Omar Khadr reclassified as a medium-security

Irrelevant...he wasn't captured by Canadians, either. He was working for al-Qaeda in a war zone. He's frankly lucky to not be a greasy red spot on the desert floor. It sure would have been better for all affected parties to have simply shot him dead right there...minus Omar, of course. Instead, his victims are the dead ones...never going home. Your solution is to turn him loose in Canadian society in order to see if he'll kill again. I think your cavalier idea of public safety needs major adjusting. The funny part is that you do not.

The funny part is that you aren't interested in the law or justice, just vengeance, so there's no point in discussing it with you.

Edited by jacee

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We do.

At no point was Canada involved in...

a] his crimes

b] his capture

As for Canadian law, it allowed al-Qaeda terrorists to get tax payer funded medical treatment and R&R which shows that...

a] it is far from infaliable

b] it should to be changed to reflect new realities rather than realities circa 1975.

Terrorists don't want to be part of that warm fluffy multicultural quilt of Canadian oneness. Try to remember this.

At no point was Canada involved in...

a] his crimes

b] his capture

It is now.

As for Canadian law, it allowed al-Qaeda terrorists to get tax payer funded medical treatment and R&R which shows that...

a] it is far from infaliable

b] it should to be changed to reflect new realities rather than realities circa 1975.

Terrorists don't want to be part of that warm fluffy multicultural quilt of Canadian oneness. Try to remember this.

So what are you suggesting in Omar Khadr's case, since this thread is about his reclassification as medium security?

It is now.

So what are you suggesting in Omar Khadr's case, since this thread is about his reclassification as medium security?

Only because of folks such as yourself. Logic would have seen him handed him over to Afghanistan. But, it's much more fun this way. Now we can all play 'will Omar blow-up something today??' Meanwhile, we all continue to pay into the Khadr welfare fund. You never know when somebody in the clan will need to recover from combat injuries.

Only because of folks such as yourself. Logic would have seen him handed him over to Afghanistan.

That wasn't legal.

But, it's much more fun this way. Now we can all play 'will Omar blow-up something today??' Meanwhile, we all continue to pay into the Khadr welfare fund. You never know when somebody in the clan will need to recover from combat injuries.

So are you suggesting anything or just spewing venom (ethnic hatred?) a convenient target?

Edited by jacee

That wasn't legal.

So are you suggesting anything or just spewing venom (ethnic hatred?) a convenient target?

Omar killing people was illegal.

Are you suggesting that the Khadr family hasn't taken advantage of Canada? Nice play of the race card. Do it often when cornered?

I have no problem with him being treated as medium-security. He is serving the time for his crime and he was, after all, a brainwashed child soldier at the time he committed the crime he was convicted of. I have no sympathy for terrorists of any kind, but I do make some allowances for children who were indoctrinated and used by terrorists. I know this won't be a popular opinion, but I'm fine with that.

Omar killing people was illegal.

Are you suggesting that the Khadr family hasn't taken advantage of Canada? Nice play of the race card. Do it often when cornered?

Canada has certainly taken advantage of them too. They help us evoke that crack down and get tough image that's all the vogue these days.

Now that we know how it's done and Ottawa has warmed so much of it's sycophantic base up to the idea, we can give our own military the tribunals it needs to keep our communities and Canada's new natural governing ideology safe, especially from children.

And yet many others were released from GITMO, only to come back for a second time for the same reasons. We don't hear to much about that from those who seem to despise Kadhr.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/03/29/gitmo-detainees-return-terror/

Prior to his release in December, Abdul Hafiz was Prisoner Number 1030 at Guantanamo Bay. Now, less than four months later, he's back home in Afghanistan and working for the Taliban -- just the latest of more than 100 released detainees who have returned to terrorism, according to the Pentagon.

Hafiz, suspected in the March 2003 kidnapping and murder of an International Red Cross worker, was the "Taliban head of all Madrassas ... responsible for recruiting and sending young men to fight for the Taliban," according to U.S. government memos. He was said to have maintained contacts for Mullah Mohammad Omar, the leader of the Taliban of Afghanistan, and to have admitted to participating in jihad against the Soviets.

http://www.msnbc.com/andrea-mitchell/two-saudis-released-gitmo

Two Guantanamo Bay detainees returned to their home country over the weekend, the Department of Defense announced Sunday. Their release to the custody of the Saudi Arabian government, coupled with the release of two Algerian citizens less than two weeks ago, were signs of progress in the effort to close the decade-old military prison.

Saad Muhammad Husayn Qahtani, 35, and Hamood Abdulla Hamood, 48, once suspected to be members of al-Qaeda and at high risk of rejoining the terrorist network, were taken home by Saudi military jet. Both men were recommended for transfer by a U.S. task force in 2009. Neither had been charged with a crime.

“The United States is grateful to the Government of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for its willingness to support ongoing U.S. efforts to close the Guantanamo Bay detention facility,” Paul Lewis, the Special Envoy for closing Guantanamo, said in a statement. Lewis said the transfers occurred with “appropriate security assurances” between the Saudi Arabia and US and were “consistent with our humane treatment policy.”

Kadhr is behind bars. For those against him, what is the exact issue here when other terrorists are being released back to cause more terrorism?

You think there shouldn't be fair trials for 'certain' offenders? :lol:

In Canada, I expect everybody to get a fair trial. Trouble is, Omar committed his crimes in Afghanistan...and was picked up by Americans. This seems to be a concept y'all can't figure out.

Edited by DogOnPorch

The concept you can't figure out is that Canada failed to protect a Canadian kid from an illegal US military tribunal process that could only be used in a foreign country, but of course that's something you're proud of isn't it?

Omar was there of his own free will.

Anytime a terrorist meets a cruel fate, I think the day gets a little brighter. Call me mad. The best irony is when their own roadside bomb detonates while they're still planting it. Saves our side a Hellfire missile...and perhaps many innocent lives.

Omar was there of his own free will.

Not according to the highest and most respected authority in the world on the issue of child soldiers and their indoctrination.

Anytime a terrorist meets a cruel fate, I think the day gets a little brighter. Call me mad. The best irony is when their own roadside bomb detonates while they're still planting it. Saves our side a Hellfire missile...and perhaps many innocent lives.

I can get where you're coming from, I feel that whenever Ottawa rubs our country's nose in it's own crap which it does every time it opens it's mouth about Omar Khadr. Innocent lives have been lost before when Ottawa's gotten it's ginch in a knot over some stupid ideological difference or political power play.

Not according to the highest and most respected authority in the world on the issue of child soldiers and their indoctrination.

I can get where you're coming from, I feel that whenever Ottawa rubs our country's nose in it's own crap which it does every time it opens it's mouth about Omar Khadr. Innocent lives have been lost before when Ottawa's gotten it's ginch in a knot over some stupid ideological difference or political power play.

Omar begged to go to Afghanistan.

As for Ottawa...me no care what happens to the Conservative party. Many here seem to think I'm one of their supporters. Guess again.

Omar begged to go to Afghanistan.

Indoctrination causes people to say and do strange things, especially when it starts as in his case at such a young age.

As for Ottawa...me no care what happens to the Conservative party. Many here seem to think I'm one of their supporters. Guess again.

I'm guessing you support authority, as much law and order as possible and the more the merrier. As for your political tastes, aren't they somewhere between a Ferengi's and a Cardassian?

Indoctrination causes people to say and do strange things, especially when it starts as in his case at such a young age.

I'm guessing you support authority, as much law and order as possible and the more the merrier. As for your political tastes, aren't they somewhere between a Ferengi's and a Cardassian?

Aren't yours somewhere between Harpo Marx and Charles Manson?

Prove he was 'indoctrinated' rather than just workin' for the family. Hint...you can't prove it.

As for your guess...guess again.

Edited by DogOnPorch