The Muslim Brotherhood Declared a Terrorist Group

DogOnPorch

In Egypt over the holidays, the Muslim Brotherhood was officially declared a terrorist organization by the current Egyptian military government. What effect will this have on the various MB front groups operating with complete freedom here in Canada and the US (etc)? Will the pro-Muslim Brotherhood NGOs like CAIR and CJPME be forced to change their tune in order to keep operating? Will they be allowed to continue as if nothing happened back in Egypt...the MB's home country? Since we get regular visits from pro-MB NGO groups here at MLW, perhaps this will be an interesting topic.

Anyways...your thoughts? What will be the result of this rather dramatic turn of events that has been building for some months?

http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/egypt-s-muslim-brotherhood-from-power-in-arab-spring-to-terrorist-status-today-1.1608291

Not a fan of the muslim brotherhood, but I'm skeptical that the military's decision was a good one. The muslim brotherhood may be islamists that want to implement global sharia law, but at least they are for the most part peaceful islamists (that want to make change through democratic political processes) rather than violent islamists (like al queda).

The justification that the military gives for the ban on the muslim brotherhood isn't very good (they use a terrorist attack by an islamist group unaffiliated with the muslim brotherhood). Banning the muslim brotherhood will cause islamists to turn to violent means for their desires to implement global sharia law rather than more peaceful means.

Edit: This might just be the military trying to re-implement their pre-Mubarrak regime.

Edited by -1=e^ipi

Thats the nice thing about running a pseudo military dictatorship! All kinds of fun ways to squelch political opposition. They just blacklisted their only political opponent, and the party that won the last election.

Hopefully the people of Egypt can find a way to destroy this dictatorship, and kill everyone complicit in it..

Not a fan of the muslim brotherhood, but I'm skeptical that the military's decision was a good one. The muslim brotherhood may be islamists that want to implement global sharia law, but at least they are for the most part peaceful islamists (that want to make change through democratic political processes) rather than violent islamists (like al queda).

The justification that the military gives for the ban on the muslim brotherhood isn't very good (they use a terrorist attack by an islamist group unaffiliated with the muslim brotherhood). Banning the muslim brotherhood will cause islamists to turn to violent means for their desires to implement global sharia law rather than more peaceful means.

Edit: This might just be the military trying to re-implement their pre-Mubarrak regime.

It might well be what the military wants...a reason to go 'Assad' on the Muslim Brotherhood. They've been running the show since Farouk...I doubt they were all that down with Morsi's rumblings about joining the fray in Syria and putting the match to Camp David and all that gives.

not sure if it's funny or sad that doggydog gets all giddy and tries to bring some credibility to the declaration of the egyptian military's criminalization of a democratically elected party who happens to be their opposition and who they violently removed through a coup.

what's next? declaring that the south african blacks had it better under the apartheid regime?... oh wait.

rats? you seem very angry at cjpme.

you should ask them what they're going to do, since i don't represent them and i have no idea what their plans are. i didn't even know they were supporters of the muslim brotherhood. i thought they were supporters of the democratic process. are you a supporter of democracy? or are you a supporter of overthrowing democratically elected governments? what say you?

hey guess what! the north korean government has declared every other party in north korea to be a terrorist party! start a thread on it! bring shame to those who support anything else!

oh and how about them blacks who had it so good under apartheid? why did mandela have to come and ruin it for them? damn you mandela!!!!!

s_3405.jpg

Thats the nice thing about running a pseudo military dictatorship! All kinds of fun ways to squelch political opposition.

Just pretend the Muslim brotherhood is the tea party. Then you'll have much less problem with silencing political opposition.

Anyways, again, what a great job by Obama, removing an ally from power and replacing him with this. Heckuva job Barry!

Just pretend the Muslim brotherhood is the tea party. Then you'll have much less problem with silencing political opposition.

Anyways, again, what a great job by Obama, removing an ally from power and replacing him with this. Heckuva job Barry!

Obama was surprisingly quick to support the Muslim Brotherhood. Either he had extremely poor advice from those around him or fell for the BS dished out by the likes of CAIR. It's not as if the MB's record isn't available to him. Certainly he must be aware of historical figures such as al-Banna and al-Husseini. If he is...that's bad as he supported a known group of fascists. If he isn't...well...what's he doing being President?

Then you best understand how the MB came about, who supported them, and why they are still 'important' today. They were a very violent group. But when Sayyid Qutb came on the scene he tried to turn the MB around to non violent means. And I guess that is why they managed to stay relevant and a live as a group to this day. But then Qutb was involved in the overthrow of Nasser.

Sayyid's brother was involved with Al-Queda. So even as Sayyid proclaimed non violence, his brother did not hold the same views. It seems that Mohammed Qutb mentored Ayman Zawahiri, (Egyptian Islamic Jihad). Osama bin Laden has some interactions with Mohammed Qutb, but it was Zawahiri who end up taking it to a new level, essentially creating another group where Osama eventually would be the figure head of it. Guys like Zawahiri were calling all the shots.

Anwar al-Awlaki was in a prison in Yemen when he read Sayyid's publications and was heavily influenced because of it and before the death of him and his son in Yemen (US drone strike) was one of the top ranking members of Al queda.

The odd tale is that Qutb was turned against the West after seeing the behaviour of males and females at a church barn dance he attended while studying in America.

the American girl is well acquainted with her body's seductive capacity. She knows it lies in the face, and in expressive eyes, and thirsty lips. She knows seductiveness lies in the round breasts, the full buttocks, and in the shapely thighs, sleek legs—and she shows all this and does not hide it. ---Qutb

I blame the Christians.

:lol:

Edited by DogOnPorch

BobMacadoo how does the British and French being "imperialist" (sic) detract from what the Muslim Brotherhood

is? That is illogical.

The fact that the British, French, Germans, etc., engaged in placing puppet regimes in countries

to consolidate their power does not change what the Muslim Brotherhood was or is.

The Muslim Brotherhood has had many internal factions some very violent others non violent but none-the-less extremist.

The Muslim Brotherhood Bud and you support is a terrorist organization. As soon as it was elected it did

exactly what Hitler did when he was democratically elected-strip the country of any opposition.

It then turned the Coptic Christians into its new Jews using them as a classic scapegoat.

Morsi stood and urged people to attack Coptic Christians with violence.

Morsi blamed the Coptics for the ills of the state.

Morsi is a violent fascist thug.

Obama is a fool.The Egyptian military was a loyal ally of the US.He turned on it in favour of sucking up to Morsi

and the equally as defective Erdogan in Turkey. Now Morsi is toast and the Egyptians have turned to Putin.

As for Turkey, Erdogan is a dead man. If his people do not throw him out its only a matter of time until their is a military coups d'états a tradition not just in Egypt but in Turkey when governments fail.

Morsi was over his head. He had no idea how to run a nation, not a clue. What he did manage to do is

destroy the last vestige of economic activity in the country-tourism.

He had no clue how to run an economy in the 21st century,no more, no less, and his thinking

he could run a country based on a fundamentalist religious structure that has no clue what an economy is spelled disaster.

In Egypt as Nasser warned, the only people who can rule are the military. This is not a nation that tolerates tolerance of any kind. Its people crave food. The country has been unable to feed its people since the 1920's.

Anyone who wants to pretend Morsi was a democrat is laughable. I love it when terrorist defenders like Bud come on this forum and argue because terrorists were democratically elected what they do is legitimate.

It is the same pathetic, partisan, pro terrorist selective b.s. that selects who in the world will be called a terrorist. See now Israel,

terrorist. France, the US, Britain, oh heck now imperialist is it? Not a mention of the Nazis who created the Muslim Brotherhood or

the Nazi puppet regimes of the Middle east though. Not a mention of how the Muslim Brotherhood promoted and still promotes genocide of Coptic Christians and attacks on civilians.

Right Bob/Bud/Bub/Bib etc. /

Yes I am aware that the MB started out as a terrorist group and supported the nazis in WW2.

Lots of lines were drawn and you fell on one side or the other. History written by the winners. Even without the Nazi ties the MB is not an entity to be trusted. Especially when they try to become part of the governmental system they are trying to change, and not for the better.

Lots of lines were drawn and you fell on one side or the other.

Yeah cause it's not like Islamist ideology and Nazi ideology have any similarities or anything...

History written by the winners.

That is not always true, especially for the west for the past few decades.

BobMacadoo how does the British and French being "imperialist" (sic) detract from what the Muslim Brotherhood is? That is illogical.

5 page rants don't wallpaper logic.

The proof that the MB must be evil as they allied with the axis powers rather than the allied forces was a false proof very logically pointed out. As they were solidifying their "empires" prior to WW2, imperialist would be an appropos term, not illogical. The entirety of what followed in your post was irrevalent. You had surmised my position of the MB from a solitary statement then ranted. That is illogical, or at the very least zealous. I have read some of your previous posts vis-a-vis Isreali relations, your objectivity should be questioned before mine.

I'd say the MB is "evil" for allying with the SS specifically...not necessarily just an 'Axis power'. What other word is there for the SS and its minions? Those familiar with the conflict might recall al-Husseini and Eichmann were the fellows that got the Axis minor nations to send their Jews and Roma to Poland rather than letting them escape to parts unknown. Death toll near 3/4s of a million. But, they sure didn't make it to British Palestine...

mufti_himmler3.jpg

Muslim Brotherhood honcho, Haj Amin al-Husseini, enjoys a sherry with his cohort, Heinrich Himmler, at Auschwitz circa 1942.

Anyone who wants to pretend Morsi was a democrat is laughable. I love it when terrorist defenders like Bud come on this forum and argue because terrorists were democratically elected what they do is legitimate.

menachem begin was the leader of the zionist terrorist group, irgun. he later became the prime minister of israel. yitzack shamir, a member of the zionist terrorist group, the stern gang (Lehi) also became the prime minister of israel.

i may not agree with the many things these two did, but they were democratically elected and i respect the process.

the person and group you're trying to accuse of terrorism is not even designated as a terrorist group by israel. canada has not designated muslim brotherhood a terrorist organization. only egypt and russia have. even israel has not declared it as such. not even the harper government who is all israel, all the time has not declared the muslim brotherhood a terrorist organization and even accepted the egyptian elections as legitimate when morsi came to power. canada also called the ousting of the elected president a military coup.

Edited by bud

History speaks for itself. The Muslim Brotherhood joined the Nazis in their efforts to eradicate the Jews and other groups. There's really no way to excuse them. That they still exist to this very day is both regretful and disturbing. Still causing trouble after all these years.

It should also be noted that the two defunct Jewish terrorist groups, Irgun and Stern's Gang, were created as a result of the Muslim Brotherhood's (the Mufti & crew) actions. Not the other way around. The British put al-Husseini into the position of 'Grand Mufti of Jerusalem' in efforts to appease and mollify. Didn't work. Instead, a veritable Frankenstein's monster was created that brought pogroms, war and assassinations to the region.

As for 'respecting the vote' which is the mantra of those excusing the Muslim Brotherhood, one might be reminded as to how the Nazis came to power...yet again.

Bud the Shamir-Begin card does not work. Never did. To start with Begin never headed the Irgun nor did

Shamir head the Levi group.Oh but hey why let accuracy get in the way of your revisionism right? Just make it up

right.

When Begin and then Shamir were democratically elected they had to by law denounce terrorism as a legitimate political tactic. Unlike Hezbollah and Hamas, Israeli laws do not permit terrorists to operate and no unlike Hamas and Hezbollah and Hamas neither individual while in office or for that matter as violent leaders ever had a charter calling on the killing of Arabs and innocent civilians world wide as Hamas and Hezbollah do Jews and anyone who supports Israel.

Of course you want to equate them with Hamas now right?

What a joke. By law and by choice, both men denounced and renounced the very tactics

you equate them with.

More to the point your pathetic attempt to deflect fails once again.

The fact they both chose terrorism doesn't magically disappear because they were later elected.

Your pathetic attempt to engage me in that nonsensical argument is utter bs. Never once have

I come on this board and justified what Begin or Shamir may have done in the past so do not

pose your argument as if I have. You are called out on that.

Their legitimacy does not magically begin because they were elected it began when they renounced

violence.

What you skip over was both were unanimously condemned by the Zionist movement for engaging in

terrorism.

What you skip over is the group Shamir was involved in never totalled more than 60 or so operatives.

The British stated it at 125 and that later proved to be untrue. Maybe 25 actual operatives and a support group of

informants of 20 or so.

As for Irgun the Haganah-Palmach openly condemned them and they never made it over the 150 body count..

History shows that neither Shamir or Begin as terrorists represented more than 150-200 Zionists.

Yet from that you engage in the usual b.s.myth that somehow they were some significant Zionist

movement. That is absolute b.s. They were a small group never condoned by the Zionist movement

and denounced specifically because of their terrorism and never once have I come on this board as you have with Hamas and Hezbollah and stated because they were later democratically elected it meant their terrorism is magically o.k. Never.

The original issue was criticizing you for defending terrorists simply because they are democratically elected.

Democratic appointment does not legitimize terrorism.

Terrorism regardless of who engages in it will be and has been criticized by me. I am not you Bud. I don't select

out Jews and Israelis on this board for discriminatory double standards as you do-I don't pretend Hezbollah and Hamas or Iran, etc. are legitimate simply because they were elected.

The violent tactics Shamir and Begin engaged in myself and the vast majority of people in Israel and whoa re Zionist never agreed with, never condoned, nor will we ever.

By the way Bud, you still continue to fail to disclose your religion, ethnicity, connection to Iran and your political

biases although you felt it appropriate to suggest becaused of my religion, it automatically made be an ultra nationalist Zionist.

You also failed to disclose information on your alleged thesis you tried to pass off on this forum as existing and serving as the basis of your expertise on Iran's military.

No Bud you don't come back on this forum slinking away from your lack of disclosure with me and once engage try defuse.

I am going to mention it each and every time Bud until you come clean.

Edited by Rue

Mr.Macadoo I have no clue what you were trying to state in your response.

If you are suggesting I am a Zionist, yes.

If you are suggesting that automatically renders anything I say illogical or non legitimate

no it does not.

In regards to your suggesting it was logical to refer to colonial powers

in the Middle East engaged in politics and violence when discussing and equating what they may have done to what

the Muslim Brotherhood did, is again illogical and so is simply stating it is logical.

At best you have postulated a rather fragmented attempt at trying to infer to wrongs make a

right...one might suppose from your continued ambiguity and imprecise syntax.

I doubt at this point you even know why you responded other than to say you disagree with me but have no clue

how to argue the relevance of referring to the British.

The Muslim Brotherhood are a religious extremist terrorist organization who have engaged in the same

tactics Hitler did. They came to power using the democratic process, then stripped the country of

the very democracy they used to get elected. They then turned the Coptics into their new Jews.

They destroyed their economy and tried to use the Coptics to blame their failures on.

That has nothing to do with the manipulation of the British, French and then Nazis.

As for the Nazis you are mistaken in trying to sweep their record under the rug. First off

the governments of Syria, Iraq and Egypt were based on them. Their leaders wore uniforms

identical to Hitler's. Nasser and Assad sported Hitler mustaches as did many of the Syrian

and Iraqi leaders. They adapted the uniform of the Germans right down to the jodphurs, boots,

goose-stepping,helmets and Hitler salute still used by Hezbollah, Syria, Hamas and Egypt.

The Bath parties of Syria and Iraq borrowed on the Nazi symbol, colours and all three regimes

created a gestapo based on Germany's and called them Mukbaraat.

All three had anti Jewish laws calling for the killing of Jews during WW2 and after.

Syria became the major centre for the Gestapo and SS who fled Germany. Goebells former office

and former Gestapo and SS officers flooded into Damascus post WW2 welcomed as heroes.

They took over the mukbarat in all three countries, ran the armies in all three countries and ran the

Ministry of Communications in Syria flooding the media with anti Jewish propaganda.

In fact the irony is after World War Two, Britain in its desire to remain the colonial master of

Iraq and Germany after winning them back from Germany, looked the other way and protected

Nazis in both countries much to the disgust of many British soldiers and their military intelligence.

The British got into bed with the Nazis of Egypt and Iraq pure and simple feeling it was necessary.

The French had no problem propping the Phalange a Christian right wing group that loved Mussolini.

These three powers were the colonial war lords and what they all had in common was very simple,

none of them liked Jews or wanted a Jewish state and that irony of course escapes you but then again I doubt you

have a clue as to the role of the Mufti of Jerusalem during WW2 or how the British looked the other way and

did not hunt down SS and Gestapo war criminals after WW2 in Syria and Paraguay the two major centres for them.

I doubt you are even aware that if it was not for Elenor Roosevelt taking on the entire Western governments and the US and

UN, the Jews of Europe would have had no place to go and been left to rot.

You want to equate what the Muslim Brotherhood did to the colonialists? That is illogical. The only thing

they have in common is they both are anti Zionist and hated Jews.

Ironically it was precisely because all three were manipulating the Arab regimes I mentioned, Stalin

initially allowed 150,000 Jews out of Russia to head to Israel in 1948-49. Had he not let them

go they could not have defended themselves in Israel.

Stalin also allowed the Czechs to be the principal power that trained and backed the Zionists who fought for Israel.

The problem is Israel refused to become a communist puppet state. Despite the betrayal by the

British and French and refusal of the US to officially support them, Israel stood its ground while

Elenor Roosevelt at the last minute brow-beated Truman to confront his stereotype of Jews and

that Truman did candidly and openly as can be seen in his memoirs.

Without Roosevelt tipping Truman to Israel, it could never have come about.

Truman knew he might prejudice oil interests in Saudi Arabia but he forged ahead even as his Secretary of State and Joint Chiefs of Staff threatened to impeach him.

You haven't a clue that during the war of independence, British flew Egypt's aging spitfires against the Zionists and led the armies out of Jordan into Israel.

You also haven't a clue that in with the rag tag Jews were an assortment of former soldiers, including gentiles

from the US, Britain, France, Canada, Holland, and so on plus Beduins and Druze and righteous Muslims.

You haven't a clue which Muslims died because they would have nothing to do with the Mufti of Jerusalem and the Bath parties and the neo Nazi loving Arab leaders.

See in my world, I don't revise history or make absurd black and white stereotypes as to who fought on what side or

equates colonial oppression with terrorism.

I use different terms. Its why my posts are longer than yours. Now you can ridicule all you want the length of what I write but I

will write it. Unlike you I won't engage in simplistic nonsensical sound bites and then hide behind their

simplicity compensating for their inaccuracy by ridiculing someone else for taking the time to expose

the b.s. behind them.

Boo.

Apparently, there is now some debate in certain circles as to the fate of the Muslim Brotherhood in other Middle Eastern countries. All the members of the Arab League signed a 1998 Counter-terrorism agreement. This is, apparently, a golden opportunity for Abbas and King Abdullah to do a little MB/Hamas house cleaning by outlawing both. But, will they?

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/4114/muslim-brotherhood-terrorist-group

Meanwhile, Kerry, who bet on this MB horse earlier, is 'concerned' that it will not be part of the new Egypt. This while condemning the MB's recent terrorist attacks (supposedly via their Ansar Bait al-Maqdis terror group based in the Sinai). I bet he wakes-up confused, at times.

200px-Ansar_Bayt_al-Maqdis_(%D8%B4%D8%B9

Ansar Bait al-Maqdis's logo.

I'm sure they're really nice fellows. The AK-47 hints at that.

Edited by DogOnPorch

Bud the Shamir-Begin card does not work. Never did.

according to... rue? rue cannot dictate what works and what doesn't. reality does.

they engaged in terrorist acts against all non-jews in palestine, including the british. it was their method to instill fear and drive out any non-jews.

hundreds of civilians were killed by bombings and massacres by these two terrorist groups, in which, future israeli prime ministers were a part of:

107-250 Palestinians killed and massacred during and after the battle at the village of Deir Yassin near Jerusalem, by 132 Irgun and 60 Lehi fighters.

that was one of the better known attacks/massacres by these zionist terrorist groups.

vegetable market anyone: 43 Arabs were killed by a bomb at a marketplace in Haifa. 33 Arabs were killed in multiple attacks, incl. 24 by bomb in Arab market in Suk Quarter of Haifa and 4 by bomb in Arab vegetable market in Jerusalem.

in january of 1948: 20 Arabs killed by bomb at Jaffa Gate.

of course, there was the famous 1946 bombing: 91 people were killed at King David Hotel Bombing mostly civilians, staff of the hotel or Secretariat, 41 Palestinian Arabs, 15-28 British citizens, 17 Palestinian Jews, 2 Armenians, 1 Russian, 1 Greek and 1 Egyptian.

these were just the irgun attacks. plenty more by lehi as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Irgun_attacks