Sun News Having Fun with Trudeau's "China" Statement

Icebound

Just watching Mulcair and others (including Sun News) having fun with Trudeau's statement about "loving" China.

I have to give Sun News credit for running the whole clip.... although they only talk about the first line...

” You know, there’s a level of admiration I actually have for China because their basic dictatorship is allowing them to actually turn their economy around on a dime and say ‘we need to go green fastest…we need to start investing in solar.’ I mean there is a flexibility that I know Stephen Harper must dream about of having a dictatorship that he can do everything he wanted that I find quite interesting.

But if I were to reach out and say which…which kind of administration I most admire, I think there’s something to be said right here in Canada for the way our territories are run. Nunavut, Northwest Territories, and the Yukon are done without political parties around consensus. And are much more like a municipal government. And I think there’s a lot to be said for people pulling together to try and solve issues rather than to score points off of each other. And I think we need a little more of that.

But Sun News can now report that I prefer China.”

Much laughter ensued.

He admires China's dictatorship? What a stupid thing to say.

Although it's pretty ironic that people are pegging him on this when he also said, "think there’s a lot to be said for people pulling together to try and solve issues rather than to score points off of each other"

China or any other country realized that the environment is out control with all those foreign companies helping to pollute and something had to be done and they are TRYING, don't you admire any country at does that??

They're going Green because there's money in it, not for the good of the environment. Green is cool, so they can manufacture Green products at a lot lower cost than anywhere else in the world.

China builds entire cities just to keep their GDP growth up even though there's no one there to live in the cities.

Very good stewards of the environment. LOL!

http://gizmodo.com/chinas-building-cities-so-fast-people-dont-have-time-1446570856

Edited by Boges

It actually reads like gibberish. What is his point?

Dictatorships may be anti-democratic but they can also be a very efficient way to run a country. Ideally, though, the best system is a democratic one where there is less partisanship and more willingness to work across party lines to get things done.

I thought it was straightforward and not controversial at all.

The Conservatives have a majority. So they do have a 4-year dictatorship. I believe there was a book written during the Chretien regime called "The Friendly Dictatorship". They can run the federal government as efficiently as they want.

The partisanship we see is trying to influence the public for the next election. And it comes from both sides. The opposition (his party included) has been transfixed on a senate scandal that has very little to do with how to run the country. How bout his party reaches across party lines to make the country better first?

Oh and he believes municipal governments aren't partisan? He clearly hasn't followed Toronto City Hall.

China or any other country realized that the environment is out control with all those foreign companies helping to pollute

ROTFL - you just can't avoid scapegoating. The fact its Chinese government controlled corps are the worst polluters because China does not enforce the rules it has. Foreign corps are saints by comparison because if they don't follow the rule the government will penalize them.

Dictatorships may be anti-democratic but they can also be a very efficient way to run a country...

Okay, but then he thows in the Harper-dictatorship bit. It's this sentence that makes the least sense: "I mean there is a flexibility [in the Chinese dictatorship] that I know Stephen Harper must dream about of having a dictatorship that he can do everything he wanted that I find quite interesting."

As I have said many times, dictatorships or democracy are not the key points, thug's democracy can not help anything.

The most important is thinking of others, think of the people, can most people have responsibility.

That can only be obtained by real good education, which Canada lack of.

And China is in process of lost it in the blindly leaning western countries.

Folks,

This thread has been moved to the Media and Broadcasting section of the forum because it seems to belong there more than anywhere else but it is also locked for reasons you all should already know.

This is an unacceptable way to start a thread. For starters, there is no indication of what the Opening Poster thinks. There is no clear indication of what the Opening Poster wants to discuss. It is not even clear the Opening Poster wants to discuss anything.

Lo and behold! like clockwork, the discussion is already cluttered!

The thread is locked and you are all invited to re-start a new thread on the same topics brought up in this thread but your new thread has to follow the forum rules and guidelines:

Posting Content

All posts must contain some aspect of an argument or attempt to stimulate discussion. Simply posting a URL to an outside source or posting statements that are only one or two sentences long will not be tolerated and the post will be deleted. In addition, use the search feature to ensure that the topic you are posting is not already being discussed somewhere else in the forums.

It is also important that you stay on topic and keep the discussion focused. If the thread begins to wonder off into a new topic area, start a new thread and continue the discussion under the new thread. If you feel a thread is being watered down with too many different topic areas and you do not want to start the new thread yourself, feel free to contact a moderator and request a new thread.

You are all free to re-copy anything you wrote in this locked thread into a new thread. I will close this thread later if somebody restarts this topic (whatever that topic happens to be) in a new thread.

Ch. A.

No animals were harmed and nobody was sent to Gitmo in the moderation of this thread.