The Truth About Obamacare

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't talking about that....I was talking about the for dummies book to the HHS secretary.

I thought it was hilarious. Speaking truth to power use to be something championed by you people. Regardless I'm not sure why you characterize it as "right wing". As if the only people with a beef with the website debacle are Republicans and conservatives. How do you know it wasn't an independent voter? Oh that's right, you don't.

Guest American Woman

I challenge you to launch something of that scale and have it work as expected at launch. I am not making apologies for how they all handled this. But the people who gave her the book are idiots.

"During a visit to a community health center in Austin, Sebelius conceded that there wasn't enough testing done on the website..."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/10/26/sebelius-suggests-republicans-to-blame-for-obamacare-website-woes/

Sure...that's why conservative talk radio programs just dominate the top ten in U.S. Arbitron rankings. Not funny at all....never.

They're not funny. Well, they're kind of funny if you don't believe the same things, but, no, people don't listen to them for the humour. I would know, because I used to listen to them on Sirius Right.

Guest American Woman

It doesn't matter who gave it to her, I knew what it was as soon as I saw it....and of course you thought it was hilarious.

What did you think of the New Yorker cover?

Guest American Woman

They're not funny. Well, they're kind of funny if you don't believe the same things, but, no, people don't listen to them for the humour. I would know, because I used to listen to them on Sirius Right.

Since when do you speak for all people?

Guest American Woman

I didn't find that funny either...because it wasn't funny. I don't find the website not working to be terribly exciting, humorous, or important in the long run.

So why were you only criticizing the Web Site for Dummies book and Right Wing humor?

That's your opinion from across the border....."funny" is different down here. That's why Canadian comics go to America for bigger success. One of the reasons Air America Radio failed because it was consistently un-funny. Sponsors don't like that.

Since when do you speak for all people?

Do I have to disclaimer everything I say? Overall, it's a good bet that people don't listen to them because they find them funny*.

*Some people may listen to them because they think they're funny.

So why were you only criticizing the Web Site for Dummies book and Right Wing humor?

It was simply an observation. Liberal humour is usually funny. That doesn't mean it always is. Conservative humour isn't usually funny. Sometimes it is.

Do I have to disclaimer everything I say? Overall, it's a good bet that people don't listen to them because they find them funny*.

They are very funny...funny enough for Leno and Letterman monologue jokes. Funny enough for cable comedy shows. Funny enough for Canadians too, otherwise it wouldn't be such a topic, eh ?

Guest American Woman

You could have just refrained from making the claim that "people don't listen to them from the humor .....and you know ... because you don't." You could have simply spoke for yourself. :)

Guest American Woman

It was simply an observation. Liberal humour is usually funny. That doesn't mean it always is. Conservative humour isn't usually funny. Sometimes it is.

Of course it has nothing to do with one's political views, eh? ;)

They are very funny...funny enough for Leno and Letterman monologue jokes.

They aren't very funny.

Of course it has nothing to do with one's political views, eh? ;)

How many successful right wing comedians are there? How many successful liberal comedians? Overall, the arts and show business are dominated by liberals.

I don't think most people would call me a liberal anymore. My views have certainly changed over time...yet even when I disagree with people like Maher, Colbert, or Stewart...they're funny.

They aren't very funny.

Not very funny to you. That's fine now that it has been dialed back from "never funny".

For many Americans (and Canadians living/working in the U.S.), the ACA/Obamacare deployment is now officially funny...very funny.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Guest American Woman

How many successful right wing comedians are there? How many successful liberal comedians? Overall, the arts and show business are dominated by liberals.

I don't think most people would call me a liberal anymore. My views have certainly changed over time...yet even when I disagree with people like Maher, Colbert, or Stewart...they're funny.

Rush Limbaugh is pretty successful, eh? And let's face it, liberals do things that can be made fun of too; it's not a one-sided thing.

Maher is hardly funny, IMO. Colbert and Stewart most definitely make fun of the liberals/left, too.

Rush Limbaugh is pretty successful, eh? And let's face it, liberals do things that can be made fun of too; it's not a one-sided thing.

Maher is hardly funny, IMO. Colbert and Stewart most definitely make fun of the liberals/left, too.

'Zactly...many Canadians (and Americans) get their Yankee political news from so much "not funny" programming.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

A Republican Senator gave it to her; Sen. Brian Kelsey, from Tennessee.

Aren't senators supposed to be the mature statesmen? I mean, as mature as you get in your country these days...

Edited by Argus