Supreme Court Guts The Key Part of Landmark

You're right, when it comes to American politics, he's as stereotypical as one can be, facts be damned.

Shady, have you ever even been to the US? You act like a cheerleader for a team he never visits, with stars in your eyes and not the least idea of what it's like to see them in person.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think providing ID is unreasonable but it shouldn't be made an obsticle that tries to prevent legitimate voters from excercising their franchise. The real test will be, what kind of ID will be required and how difficult it will be made to aquire for people who don't have any picture ID such as a drivers license or passport.

The point is that no one has ever shown that voter fraud has ever been an issue. This 'voter id' stuff only started to be raised by Republicans, and ONLY by Republicans, after it became apparent that poor people and minorities don't vote for Republicans much. It's a blatantly obvious attempt to discourage Democratic voters, especially the poor ones who don't likely have any government picture ID.

Anyone who says otherwise is lying through their teeth.

In Michigan it's easy to get a photo ID just like a driver's license even if one doesn't drive. When my daughters were young, before the days of required passports for the Caribbean, I easily got them photo ID's (photo IDs were required). I can't imagine why it would be any more difficult for anyone else to obtain such an ID and I would imagine it would be no more difficult in any other state.

How many slums have you lived in?

Pretty rich coming from you considering your line about fraud fraud fraud was proven to be a bald faced lie .

Facts be damned should be your motto.

But , as before, I am sure you will run away and not respond like oh so many times before. Pathetic really, but expected

Voter fraud is very real. I'm not sure what so-called lie you're talking about. The Obama poll worker that voted for him several times in one election is just a drop in the bucket.

Voter fraud is very real. I'm not sure what so-called lie you're talking about. The Obama poll worker that voted for him several times in one election is just a drop in the bucket.

Odd how all the searchers haven't been able to find this bucket of yours. Is it made of tinfoil, perhaps?

Odd how all the searchers haven't been able to find this bucket of yours. Is it made of tinfoil, perhaps?

Well argus, lets at least give shady props for replying. He tried to run away from this, but.....he cant help himself from stepping i n it

Not sure why he did, he ignores all the evidence we provided, no refutation at all. Just a classic I said so cuz im shady and have a woody for the US

The bucket is a honey bucket that shady has filled up. We all know whats in a honey bucket.

I already linked to a story involving a black woman voting for Obama 5 times in the last election. I've already linked to video illustrating how easy it is to vote, without any ID at all. Most normal thinking people don't feel its unreasonable to have to present some type of photo ID to vote. Keep elections clean is the cornerstone of keeping people's faith in democracy, and the election system strong.

Did anyone say it never happens? Not me nor anyone else in this thread

What we did say, and counter to you and the great runner (that'd be shady) is that it is a statistical non-event .

Yes, you did find one or a few more than one. In a nation of voters who did so, 130million....do the math.

The Dept of Justice report says there is no problem w fraud.

So your links fail miserably beside the DoJ's.

Once again, not a problem to worry about, unless you are Republican trying to get them not to vote.

Of course.

Pretty hard to get photo ID in the middle of a million square km's of nothing but trees and rocks.

Not sure the relevance...but ok.

The point is that it is not very difficult to get a government issued ID, and many "slum" dwellers are motivated to do so per member Shady's "touche".

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

Good question. That dude is really hard to figure out sometimes. I have no idea what experience living in slums has to do with wanting the election process to be clean and secure. However, apparently there are some people that think that requiring some identification to vote is akin to a poll tax or a literacy test like back in the day.

Regardless, the Supreme Court decision isn't at all about photo ID. You got that Argus? THE COURT DECISION ISN'T ABOUT PHOTO ID. It's about treating each state the same way. That's all. If you don't like a new voter id law, you now challenge it the same way, no matter the state, whether it's New Hampshire or Texas.

Proof of identity and residence

(2) If the poll clerk determines that the elector's name and address appear on the list of electors or that the elector is allowed to vote under section 146, 147, 148 or 149, then, subject to subsection (3), the elector shall provide to the deputy returning officer and the poll clerk the following proof of his or her identity and residence:

• (a) one piece of identification issued by a Canadian government, whether federal, provincial or local, or an agency of that government, that contains a photograph of the elector and his or her name and address; or

• (b) two pieces of identification authorized by the Chief Electoral Officer each of which establish the elector's name and at least one of which establishes the elector's address.
Clarification

(2.1) For greater certainty, the Chief Electoral Officer may authorize as a piece of identification for the purposes of paragraph (2)(b) any document, regardless of who issued it.

Person registered as an Indian

(2.2) For the purposes of paragraph (2)(b), a document issued by the Government of Canada that certifies that a person is registered as an Indian under the Indian Act constitutes an authorized piece of identification.

From Canada Elections Act.

What I find bizarre is that individual states get to decide who and how people get to vote in federal elections

Did you even read your own link?

UPDATE 2: A reader from Boston wrote and told me that the ballots there were two pages, which would possibly account for the number of cards cast. Also, a poll worker on Reddit confirmed that “cards cast" would indeed line up with the number of pages on the ballot.

So, actual voter turnout in Boston was somewhere closer to 64.5%, not 129%. The number of votes cast backs this up.

As for the woman who voted 6 times, she's something of an internet celebrity, because she gets trotted out every time Republican boosters talk about voter ID. She's one of the very few cases they can use to demonstrate that it happens.

-k

As for the woman who voted 6 times, she's something of an internet celebrity, because she gets trotted out every time Republican boosters talk about voter ID. She's one of the very few cases they can use to demonstrate that it happens.

-k

The bold part is what shady et al dont get.

A handful of people are guilty out of 120M people who vote.

The sky is falling