Canadian Neocon Foreign Minister Praises Illegal Israeli Terror Attack

:Interesting theory, but they didn't withdraw from the Sinai because they couldn't. They withdrew because of a peace treaty. "

Its called Sueing for Peace. Israel was forced to give up the Sinai, because they had been defeated militarily by Egypt's armed forces in the Sinai.

"I think I could get with your theory if they occupied parts of Lebanon in the conflict in 2006 but they completely withdrew. "

As I said Israel is practical. They only have a few million, they do not have Japan's tens of millions. If you compare. Per capita expansion, the comparison would be quite apt.

"I have no problem labelling Israel as a US puppet state. But without America's backing, I don't believe there's anyway the Jewish state could survive."

That may be, but then Israel has to stop acting like the belligerent expansionist apartheid building bully, and actually be sincere about peace. The U.S. should not back Israel unless it does so.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no problem labelling Israel as a US puppet state. But without America's backing, I don't believe there's anyway the Jewish state could survive.

Yeah, and we all saw what happened to the Jews the last time the world turned their backs on them. You're right, thank God they have allies like the US, UK and Canada otherwise they would have been, as that fanatic in Iran once said: "wiped off the face of the earth" a long time ago. The Israeli opponents like Lenny here would rather see them abandoned amongst their enemies making their views of Israel no different than Ahmadinejad's because the end result is the same.

I mixed it up with the Yom Kippur war, which was a surprise attack on Israel

It's obvious Israel's tactics include pre-emptive strikes. But considering they're surrounded by enemies, you can hardly blame. Well I guess you can but it's their defensive strategy.

Pearl Harbour was an actual attack. Israel attacking Syria in this scenario would actually be the equivalent of the Japanese attacking Pearl Harbour.

I disagree. Japan attacked the US with both being soverign countries. Israel attacked Hezbollah with the latter being a terrorist organization...or sorry what you would call a militant group. This attack seems more similar to the US entering Pakistan to kill Osama Bin Laden. In both cases you have the host country (Syria and Pakistan) upset about the attack happening but not really saying why these terrorists were there in the first place.

Unfortunately its not clean cut any more where countries are going to war but its still a matter of sides. If Syria is aligned with Hezbollah then that puts them on one side. Anyone fighting the war on terrorism is the other side. As such, Canada/US are forced to take Israel's side. Welcome to the new world order I guess.

Unfortunately its not clean cut any more where countries are going to war but its still a matter of sides. If Syria is aligned with Hezbollah then that puts them on one side. Anyone fighting the war on terrorism is the other side. As such, Canada/US are forced to take Israel's side. Welcome to the new world order I guess.

Complicated even more by the fact that Syria is currently mired in civil war.

Israel started and was the aggressor in the 6 day war.

On May 30, Jordan and Egypt signed a defense pact. The following day, at Jordan's invitation, the Iraqi army began deploying troops and armored units in Jordan.[70] They were later reinforced by an Egyptian contingent. On June 1, Israel formed a National Unity Government by widening its cabinet, and on June 4 the decision was made to go to war. The next morning, Israel launched Operation Focus, a large-scale surprise air strike that was the opening of the Six-Day War.

Most scholarly accounts of the crisis attribute the drift to war to an escalation that was unwanted, however despite a desire to avoid war on all sides, everyone was in the end responsible for making the escalation unavoidable.[71]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six-Day_War Edited by TimG

I've traveled through about most of the Middle East including most of Israel and Palestine (the West Bank, not Gaza). Its totally nuts. Its worse than apartheid there. Israel treats the Palestinians like dirt,and makes their lives a living hell. It attacks their neighbours constantly, and on a whim.

This debate is getting very ridiculous. I have close friends that go to Tel-Aviv annually and have a very different perspective than you do. VERY different. You sound like a newscast from Al Jezeera since not even the most left news outlets anywhere else in the world claims the "so-called" misery you describe that Israel inflicts. To also state that Israelis are imperialistic conquerors and the aggressors causing all the problems in that region is pure delusion, not to mention very warped and dangerous. How long will it take for you and like minded friends of yours start believing Canada and the US are a big problem and are imperialistic conquering murderers just like Israel? Then again, you might already do.

Many countries are putting their respect, which Canada had before the Harper era, in the back, like the MP backbenchers. Israel, will always come first with this government and maybe the missing

Countries don't have feelings. Their dictators leaders do.

I've traveled through about most of the Middle East including most of Israel and Palestine (the West Bank, not Gaza). Its totally nuts. Its worse than apartheid there. Israel treats the Palestinians like dirt,and makes their lives a living hell. It attacks their neighbours constantly, and on a whim.

I see you have two posts, one about cannabis (link) and the other espousing a crackpot warming theory (link) that are not aimed at Israel. The others are.

I mixed it up with the Yom Kippur war, which was a surprise attack on Israel

It's obvious Israel's tactics include pre-emptive strikes. But considering they're surrounded by enemies, you can hardly blame. Well I guess you can but it's their defensive strategy.

Like Pearl Harbour.

TimG:

Most scholarly accounts of the crisis attribute the drift to war to an escalation that was unwanted,however despite a desire to avoid war on all sides, everyone was in the end responsible for making the escalation unavoidable.[71]

Yeah wikipedia is pretty scholarly there Tim.

What happened wasn't just an escalation it was Israel doing a blitzkrieg on their surrounding areas and keeping the territory it gained in a blatant land grab.

Roy Baty colour me shocked your views of the Middle East are formed by your friends from Tel Aviv. It doesn't surprise me at all that you've never been there, since you have absolutely no idea of the misery inflicted by Israel within its present borders and beyond.

Your testimony is like someone in the 80s saying that they have friends from an upperclass neighbourhood in Cape Town South Africa who paint a rosey picture of the current situation in the whole country.

Edited by Lenny_Bruce

Stephen Hawking joins academic boycott of Israel

Physicist pulls out of conference hosted by president Shimon Peres in protest at treatment of Palestinians

Last week he wrote a brief letter to the Israeli president to say he had changed his mind. He has not announced his decision publicly, but a statement published by the British Committee for the Universities of Palestine with Hawking's approval described it as "his independent decision to respect the boycott, based upon his knowledge of Palestine, and on the unanimous advice of his own academic contacts there".

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/may/08/stephen-hawking-israel-academic-boycott?CMP=twt_gu

Edited by Lenny_Bruce

Good for Hawking.

The momentum has picked up. It's only a matter of time before world pressure will be too much for Israel to continue its numerous violations of international law. It doesn't matter how much influence the Israeli lobby has over Canada and U.S., the rest of the world can no longer sit idle.

Don't worry Canada is just getting left behind as usual under the Neocons.

Palestine now recognised by greater power than US or Israel – Google

When the UN recognized Palestine as an observer state last November, Israel retaliated by announcing new settlements. Now an organization of arguably greater authority has recognized Palestine: Google.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2013/may/03/google-palestine-palestinian-territories

The Winds of Change are blowing...

Edited by Lenny_Bruce

Google is international.

So are Facebook and Twitter...so what ? Even this "Canadian" forum is hosted in the USA....just sayin'.

Google is very much in bed with the U.S. government.....think it ain't ? Google is the best cover story since Howard Hughes and the Glomar Explorer.

...and of course, it is all controlled by the "Jewish Lobby". :D

Edited by bush_cheney2004

I don't think there are any anti-semantics on this board, but let's talk about semantics.

What I'm sure you meant to say was 'anti-semitics.'

An anti-semite is a person who is opposed to semites, ie. speakers of Semitic languages and their descendents.

Since the Arabs are semites then this attack on Syria was an anti-semitic attack, and John Baird's statement was an anti-semitic statement.

I think you know perfectly well what "anti-Semitic" means in this context. I usually say "anti-Jewish" or "Jew hatred" but in context the terms have the same meaning. You are trying to derail debate by engaging in "anti-semantic" posting.

think you know perfectly well what "anti-Semitic" means in this context. -jbg

jbg, try reading what I actually said:

What I'm sure you meant to say was 'anti-semitics.' - Lenny Bruce

Anti-Semitics is a meaningless and silly term as I've pointed out.

Just as absurd is to call anyone who criticizes the actions of the Israeli government 'anti-Jewish.'

That automatically assumes many things. (Don't assume. You know how the saying goes...)

First it assumes that all Jewish people are Israeli (False).

Secondly it assumes that all Jewish People support the Israeli Government (False)

Thirdly it assumes that all Jewish Israelis support their government's actions (Also False).

In fact its deeply insulting to the Jewish people to lump them all into one black or white category, when the Jewish people are a vast diverse mosaic of people complete with many differing views.

Fourthly it assumes that anyone who criticizes the Israeli government's actions are anti-Jewish (Also False)

To draw an analogy it would be like saying that anyone who criticizes Vladimir Putin's government is Anti-Russian. Or anyone who criticizes Canada's government to be Anti-Canadian. Of course that is an absurdity, but it works on a base level to get people riled up regardless of reality.

The fact is, it is the basis of the democratic idea for citizens to be able to criticize governments, and to do so is not to synonymous with opposing any ethnic group, but to be opposed to the policies of a government. Those who don't question governments are not being PC. They are simply putting their blinders on and going against the democratic spirit. It is these types of people that are probably more likely to support authoritarian regimes.

Edited by Lenny_Bruce