Harper attacks Justin

This is basically true of everyone since the left/right axis is a spectrum - not a binary state. That does not change the fact that you likely have a general tendency that will put you on one side or the other (the fact that you claim the CBC and Amnesty International as "unbiased" sources put you on the left side).

You are wrong. I am not on the left side.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are wrong. I am not on the left side.

Ok. I can't really argue with your self assessment. That said, I am still surprised at you calling CBC unbiased. I listen to CBC radio fairly often and constantly hear stories spun to support a left of center narrative. Edited by TimG

Who says one side is "correct"?

You, August, Pliny, Scriblett, a multitude - it's deafening usually. There needs to be something like Godwin's Law for the phrase "Those on the Left". I realize those on the left also say "Those on the Right" but usually about 50 times less often.

You all seem obsessed by the incorrectness of Those on the Left to a degree that makes it virtually impossible to carry on any reasonable discussion with.

You, August, Pliny, Scriblett, a multitude - it's deafening usually.

I don't think you understood my point. People can have different opinions and these opinions are neither right nor wrong. People can push policies based on their opinions - again these policies are neither right nor wrong. But people can provide reasoning to justify their policies - this reasoning can be wrong or simply nonsense.

There is a difference between saying the reasoning used to justify policies is nonsense and saying that the ideological priorities that underlie the policies is "wrong".

Edited by TimG

There is a difference between saying the reasoning used to justify policies is nonsense and saying that the ideological priorities that underlie the policies is "wrong".

I know that, I just don't think you believe it. There is just so little that is true in what is often ascribed to my beliefs to suggest otherwise.