Sona, charged for robocalls

Michael Sona, is being charged by Election Canada for the robocalls in Guelph. Now, will he finally come forth and tell all the truth who was involved?? I can't believe that a 22 year did all those calls across the country and I don't think most voters do. http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2013/04/02/pol-michael-sona-charged-under-elections-act.html

Now, will he finally come forth and tell all the truth who was involved??

Yeah cause court magically makes the truth appear...

it is a bigger den of lies than meet the press.

I bet no one involved in an event and no evidence and the court could still figure out what the truth was simply by listening to lawyers most recent fantasies about the facts.

Perhaps he will just plead guilty after his lawyers statement to the press "He couldn't have done it alone."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/inside-politics-blog/2013/04/statements-from-michael-sona-conservative-party-on-robocall-charge.html

Edited by shortlived

To get to the the data base for the information on opposition voters, one had to have the password to the computer and he said he didn't have it and only one of two people did. So, who were this person/people that had the password? I did listen to his interview from the past and he does sound believable and he did sound like he was going to open up and tell all if pressed in a court room. Maybe, he should get a bodyguard, one never knows now a days.

It looks like he's a scapegoat. Hopefully, he has information to further the investigation and that Elections Canada is actually interested in going after the architects of the scam. However, I suspect they're not truly interested and this court case is just a little window dressing. They've now made it look like they made an effort and can move on.

No I don't believe that is the case.

In order for this to proceed,someone must first get charged.

We will have to see what happens,but I somehow doubt that someone who was only 20 or 21 yrs old would have thought up and executed such a plan for these robocalls.

More information will be slowly and dramaticaly coming out,and if it turns out that this kid is only a scapegoat,the media is going to drag this one painfully through the trash for the conservative party!

Either way,I predict this will be another nail in the coffin for the federal conservatives in Ontario at least.

WWWTT

He'll be bought off by those who are responsible, sadly. It will be interesting though if he starts naming names....

From his previous statements,and from his lawyers recent ones,it sounds like he is going to fight this one on principal.

WWWTT

Yeah cause court magically makes the truth appear...

it is a bitter den of lies than meet the press.

I bet no one involved in an event and no evidence and the court could still figure out what the truth was simply by listening to lawyers most recent fantasies about the facts.

Perhaps he will just plead guilty after his lawyers statement to the press "He couldn't have done it alone."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/inside-politics-blog/2013/04/statements-from-michael-sona-conservative-party-on-robocall-charge.html

Actually the conservative statement found on the link you provided points another finger at their supporter database.

I find it odd that they would draw attention to their data base because so much of this issue revolves on it.

WWWTT

We will have to see what happens,but I somehow doubt that someone who was only 20 or 21 yrs old would have thought up and executed such a plan for these robocalls.

WWWTT

Ever seen some of the convoluted computer hacks perpetrated by teenagers?

It looks like he's a scapegoat. Hopefully, he has information to further the investigation and that Elections Canada is actually interested in going after the architects of the scam. However, I suspect they're not truly interested and this court case is just a little window dressing. They've now made it look like they made an effort and can move on.

My worry too. How could they go all this time and only wind up with this guy.

Ever seen some of the convoluted computer hacks perpetrated by teenagers?

You are engaging in speculation.

And any such attempt will not happen at any trial in Canada under as much scrutiny as this one.

WWWTT

You are engaging in speculation.

And any such attempt will not happen at any trial in Canada under as much scrutiny as this one.

WWWTT

And your statement that a young-un couldn't do such a thing wasn't speculation, it was hard proven fact, was it?

Well, after a two year witch hunt and one (well maybe one) 'witch' to be found, one wonders how competent Elections Canada is. If anyone deserves to be taken out to the woodshed for leading Canadian electors astray it is Elections Canada, aided and abetted by a compliant media. Or actually pushed into by a couple of journalists who like to use a lot of innuendo and supposition.

I hope there is enough proof and evidence to put this to rest once and for all. If Sona really did do it, then he should get jail time, but until we hear the evidence and watch the outcome it could be a while.

Well, after a two year witch hunt and one (well maybe one) 'witch' to be found, one wonders how competent Elections Canada is. If anyone deserves to be taken out to the woodshed for leading Canadian electors astray it is Elections Canada, aided and abetted by a compliant media. Or actually pushed into by a couple of journalists who like to use a lot of innuendo and supposition.

I hope there is enough proof and evidence to put this to rest once and for all. If Sona really did do it, then he should get jail time, but until we hear the evidence and watch the outcome it could be a while.

Good post.

This is only scratching the surface, there is more than him involved, kids just simply aren't sophisticated enough to run this scheme alone. I think the orders came from high up, maybe even the PMOs office. That would be great if they could connect this all back to Harper but that is unlikely. The media is too compliant and Harper is too careful anyways. I can't see them sticking this to him.

Harper probably had very little to do with this, he can`t micromanage every riding. OTOH, the brain trust behind the election likely came up with this scheme, Harper is leader of the party as well as the govt, so ultimately the buck should stop with him. Not for criminal charges, but for being held responsible at election time. Thing is, most of the people that would vote CPC wouldn`t really care about this, anything to win. Which, I beleive is true for all the parties, not just the CPC.