Sona, charged for robocalls

How do you know that, some politicians will do anything they can to cling to power, do you know the man personally? I'm not saying he's involved for sure but it wouldn't surprise me if he was. With his radical agenda of union busting, EI elimination, and corporate handouts, election fraud is just another activity to add to his list of sins.

You can be a harper hater ,but harper would have no part in this sort of shit.

I agree with that. Whoever was behind it did it on their own, the party wouldn't be involved, No matter how much the anti Harper haters may hate, they don't know Harper at all. Sona may have had a helper but young people to day are perfectly capable of using today's technology, and Sona isn't that young.

"Radical Agenda" really, just like the 'hidden agenda' really isn't.

How do you know that, some politicians will do anything they can to cling to power, do you know the man personally? I'm not saying he's involved for sure but it wouldn't surprise me if he was. With his radical agenda of union busting, EI elimination, and corporate handouts, election fraud is just another activity to add to his list of sins.

Why would he, he is way to smart to lose everything over a robo call. And union busting is not radical, the majority of canadians want the unions brought down a notch or 2. Cleaning up EI again something canadians want. Corporate hand outs, why do you think we are at 7% unemployed. And the only person convicted yet of robo calls is a liberal. You need to pull your head out of the star.

Guaranteed that he either isn't involved at all and they are blaming it on him or he was only the fall guy. A 22 year old kid isn't sophisticated enough to orchestrate such a complex scheme.

http://www.antiharper.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15

I wouldn't be so sure of this, I devised this sort of plan when I was like 16, while playing devils advocate for a discussion amongst young people from influential local conservative families. I think someone 22 would be more than capable of doing it, if they understood how the registers list worked, and set up a backdoor on a computer when he had access to it. Not highly likely but you have kids in highschool doctoring their records etc.. I don't know Sona so I have no idea but I wouldn't rule this out by age. I'll wait to see what evidence the press puts out there on this beyond his lawyers statements "but he couldn't have done it alone"

It is still quite flawed to hand over the information to the "biggest two winning parties" from the last riding election and campaigns so they can target people in their ridings. Just more partisan corruption of the suppose independent election process. The parties should not have access to private information nor should they run the elections, both these things occurs.

It is clearly corrupt when you give the winning parties control of the electoral process for the next election.

Edited by shortlived

Involvement of the CPC could have been suggested if the riding were promissing for the conservatives. In Guelph, conservatives had very little chances.

This is exactly what 22-year-old prankster could do.

I think Elections Canada has very little against Sona. Mainly, his talks about to do such things. Elections Canada hopes that under pressure Sona will tell them something new and implicate somebody else.

Guaranteed that he either isn't involved at all and they are blaming it on him or he was only the fall guy. A 22 year old kid isn't sophisticated enough to orchestrate such a complex scheme.

Hmm,. that link is to a forum where you are the only one posting. Got anything less biased :)-

Edited by scribblet

How do you know that... do you know the man personally?

Do you? Because it sure does sound like you think you do.

I'm not saying he's involved for sure but it wouldn't surprise me if he was.

Thank you for the inuendo.

How do you know that, some politicians will do anything they can to cling to power,

If he had only squeaked out another minority government, your comment may have a modicum of relevance. Securing a healthy majority victory is not what I would call "clinging" to power...the election outcome was pretty definitive.

• 2 weeks later...

I think in the court of public opinion, and I've talked to many people within my area and have visited other forums, most people believe that the Tories had something to do with the calls and really that's all that really matters. When people notice a Tory MP they will think, you guys probably cheated. I do hope that when the next election comes that EC put into place security, to avoid anyone doing this again.

I think in the court of public opinion, and I've talked to many people within my area and have visited other forums, most people believe that the Tories had something to do with the calls and really that's all that really matters. When people notice a Tory MP they will think, you guys probably cheated. I do hope that when the next election comes that EC put into place security, to avoid anyone doing this again.

People in my area don't care, becuase we have a good goverment that is doing a good job and not passing around brown envolopes stuffed full of taxpayers money, to it's friends.

People in my area don't care, becuase we have a good goverment that is doing a good job and not passing around brown envolopes stuffed full of taxpayers money, to it's friends.

You know, it's ridiculous to jump to all sorts of bizarre, conspiracy theorist, "the government is criminal" conclusions. But, it's also pretty lame to keep bringing up AdScam over and over and over and over, as though repeating it enough times will make it an excuse for other people's bad behaviour (imagined or not).

• 2 weeks later...

Why would he, he is way to smart to lose everything over a robo call. And union busting is not radical, the majority of canadians want the unions brought down a notch or 2. Cleaning up EI again something canadians want. Corporate hand outs, why do you think we are at 7% unemployed. And the only person convicted yet of robo calls is a liberal. You need to pull your head out of the star.

Are you sure the majority of Canadians want unions brought down a peg or two. What's wrong with unions. They are certainly not perfect and they may not always do whats in the best interest of workers but they do a h*ll of a better job than employers do. Do you think non-unionized workers make as much as unionized ones in the same occupations. I don't think so. Also where did you get the statistics saying the majority of Canadians are opposed to unions. Maybe out west in Harperland but I guarantee it isn't the majority on the East Coast. Cleaning up EI, really, the program pays for itself, Harper didn't need to touch it. He just wants to get seasonal workers like fisherman to work at McDonald's during the off season.