Clarification - MLW Board Definition of Trolling

waldo

• Forum Admin

If any of you feel you can do a better job, leave and start your own forum.

Seriously, I don't (nor do any of the moderators) get paid to babysitter anonymous thin-skinned forum members.

If you repeatedly break the rules, you are shown the door. Plenty of members have been suspended and or banned for bad behavior over the years. This is a fact... I should know; I'm the one that sent them packing.

I simply cannot fathom how some of you can have the gall to lecture me or any of the mods about "doing our job".

If I suspended or banned a member for every single infraction, there would be no one left, except perhaps myself and the mods. We use discretion when issuing warnings and suspensions and I think we've done a admirable job over the years.

Go out and try to find another political forum that has the breath of topics and the overall civility that is present in MLW forums - I think you will be surprised to find how good you have it here.

Seriously, I don't (nor do any of the moderators) get paid to babysitter anonymous thin-skinned forum members.

If you repeatedly break the rules, you are shown the door. Plenty of members have been suspended and or banned for bad behavior over the years. This is a fact... I should know; I'm the one that sent them packing.

I simply cannot fathom how some of you can have the gall to lecture me or any of the mods about "doing our job".

If I suspended or banned a member for every single infraction, there would be no one left, except perhaps myself and the mods. We use discretion when issuing warnings and suspensions and I think we've done a admirable job over the years.

Go out and try to find another political forum that has the breath of topics and the overall civility that is present in MLW forums - I think you will be surprised to find how good you have it here.

You had mentioned before that the site is no longer administered/moderated as it once was. And you seem to admit that the moderating of this site is not consistent.

• Forum Admin

You had mentioned before that the site is no longer administered/moderated as it once was. And you seem to admit that the moderating of this site is not consistent.

And what is your point?

i think you mods do a pretty good job on MLW, minus one glaring exception, which is the American serial troll of MLW who is given a ridiculously long leash for consistent, day-after-day, year-after-after breaking of forum rules. I couldn't agree more with the following from Waldo's OP:

Trolling has reached a new threshold for abuse. We have one particular MLW member who makes... who has made... it his MLW board mission, year over year, to incessantly express his extreme sensitivities to anyone choosing to utilize United States sourced references, irregardless of forum or topic. It makes no difference whether the sourced reference ties, linkages, relationships, associations, groupings, affiliations, connections, etc., to the United States, are direct, indirect, partial, peripheral, tangential, etc.. The MLW member's expressed sensitivity simply acts, as intended, to purposely disrupt/derail/distract topic discussion.

Why has this hardly ever been dealt with?

Edited by Moonlight Graham

Why has this hardly ever been dealt with?

What makes you think it hasn't been "dealt with" ? The mods have certainly taken this member to task for past transgressions up to and including lengthy stints in the 'cooler", just like any other member. The forum owner and mods do so discreetly and consistently as far as I can see, limited only by the time they choose to invest in such guard duty.

• Forum Admin

Ok, I've had enough of the bitching and complaining -- I've let it go on long enough.

I've close this thread, if you want to whine, do it over email, PM or in the chatroom.