Canadian Forces = Canadian Armed Forces

Gost:

Nothing changes, and your right it means nothing in the real world except now our Aircraft, buses , posters etc will now have the addition of ARMED painted on them. Until the next time someone wants to change it all back....

They had to pass it somehow. Which ever way they did, it shows that they obviously don't find they have much else better to do in Ottawa.

I'll ask again: pass what? Did what?

I'm almost certain I've said at least three times in this thread that nothing was renamed. It's been called the Canadian Armed Forces since the 1968 amalgamation and certainly since the National Defence Act was passed in 1985.

No it was changed, it was changed on the side of the Aircraft, Buses, and recruiting posters. Why it was changed they did not say, but the Liberals had it done at some expense.

Again, that's usage of terms, not a renaming of the institution. "Canadian Forces" on the fuselage of planes may have been changed (back?) to "Canadian Armed Forces", but the official name of the military has always since 1968 been the "Canadian Armed Forces".

Again, that's usage of terms, not a renaming of the institution. "Canadian Forces" on the fuselage of planes may have been changed (back?) to "Canadian Armed Forces", but the official name of the military has always since 1968 been the "Canadian Armed Forces".

None-the-less....it's big bucks to strip and paint civilian aircraft let alone military aircraft.

Are Canadian Armed Forces aircraft parts stenciled with official nomenclature or common usage terms, e.g. CF-188 / CC-177 instead of CF-18 / CC-17 ?

Good question. We probably hired a kid with one of those school stencils you used to get if we did.

Meh. I'm sure it's done routinely, anyway.

It's about a $50-$200k+ meh every time. Often it involves much more than a paint job with cost escalating if dings and dents need bondo or if corrosion is found. These new "letter jobs" would be on top of the regular maintenance.

It's about a $50-$200k+ meh every time. Often it involves much more than a paint job with cost escalating if dings and dents need bondo or if corrosion is found. These new "letter jobs" would be on top of the regular maintenance.

I don't know. Don't planes require regular overall repainting?

Okay. So, does all the infrastructure and equipment need changed and, of that that does, does it have to be done immediately, or over time, such as when repaints and refits are required?

Aircraft generally have set of maintenance according to hours flown. Paint would wear slow but I've seen plenty of our F-18s that need a trip to the paint shop.

"How It's Made" did a good vid on repainting civilian aircraft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXeFFr5JgJU