Rob Ford, mayor of Toronto UPDATES

WWWTT

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Kenneth

Geez I thought doing drugs was "cool" so doesn't this make him a "man of the people"??? Considering that leftist politics is a byproduct of the drug-hazed 60s and 70s the fact that they're going after him about this is a tad hypocritical.

Geez I thought doing drugs was "cool" so doesn't this make him a "man of the people"??? Considering that leftist politics is a byproduct of the drug-hazed 60s and 70s the fact that they're going after him about this is a tad hypocritical.

:blink::rolleyes: <----- I couldnt decide which was more apt.

Whole lot of SOS in that post.

No need to apologize for our dumb Mayor.

I didn't and am not. If he did buy illegal drugs and that is him, then he sure is dumb. The Star is on a vendetta, it's more than simply reporting news. If it is never proven and no video surfaces, I would vote for Ford again just to watch heads explode, especially the Star heads. :D

Edited by scribblet

Guest Kenneth

So who was that childrens author who was a drug addict for over 30 years whilst churning out books that were warping impressionable young minds? When he finally admitted to his problem everybody (in the media and artsy & fartsy crowd, at least) were going about his courage to face his "illness". When it's a lefty, then, it's a whole different matter - to even suggest that the degenerate should be held responsible for his own destructive addictions is unthinkable. Complete hypocrisy...

I didn't and am not.

Your whole prior post was an attempt to either apologize for Ford or a deflection on his behalf, considering the post was almost full of untruths.....what would you call it?

If he did buy illegal drugs and that is him, then he sure is dumb.

Dont need this video to know that already. Our Mayor is dumb.

The Star is on a vendetta, it's more than simply reporting news.

No no, not an apologist I see....oops there ya go again. The Star is reporting what every other media outlet is reporting, including the Sun....but its the Star who is on a vendetta.....riiiiight.

If it is never proven and no video surfaces, I would vote for Ford again just to watch heads explode, especially the Star heads. :D

You have that option if you live in TO.

Anyone can be dumb I guess.

The Star hasn't admitted it could be a fake and a scam, just because they won't pony up doesn't mean they are admitting it's fake.

They had the story and three of their reporters all saw the video and took notes and each of them said they believed, beyond a doubt, that it was Rob Ford. They still chose to sit on the story because its authenticity couldn't be verified. They only came out with it after the Gawker story was published and after CNN contacted Ford's office for comment.

It's true, however, that they aren't "admitting it's fake" because it probably isn't. Even Ford, when asked directly, won't say it's fake. He just says it's "ridiculous," which I agree it is.

Nonetheless, you can take comfort in the fact that on the video he is also alleged to sort of deny being a right-winger. If it turns out it's all true, Kenneth will be pleased to be able to call him a "crackhead Leftist."

Guest Kenneth

What three reports allege to have seen still constitutes rumour, especially when they happen to work for a controversial and biased organ like The Star.

What three reports allege to have seen still constitutes rumour, especially when they happen to work for a controversial and biased organ like The Star.

That's very true. Even though Ford isn't denying it and it all looks very suspicious, no one should rush to judgement until the video is somewhere more verifiable than a crack dealer's phone.

If it was clear that it was Ford in the video, why won't anyone buy it? $100,000 doesn't seem like much in comparison to the lengths Ford's opponents have gone to defame him.

Sounds like people are lining up!

http://gawker.com/we-are-raising-200-000-to-buy-and-publish-the-rob-ford-508230073

WWWTT

I've never apologized for Rob Ford and am not now so please don't impute words and thoughts that do not exist.

Ford's career will be over if this is true, so I will wait until I see a video that has been verified unedited before passing judgement. How do we know it's crack btw ? If we don't have the evidence we are taking the word of anonymous drug dealers, a gossip site and a newspaper on a personal vendetta/ witch hunt.

Verification would be nice before crucifying someone. If and when someone does make a payment surely the police would be there to grab the drug dealers. :)-

Guest Kenneth

That's very true. Even though Ford isn't denying it and it all looks very suspicious, no one should rush to judgement until the video is somewhere more verifiable than a crack dealer's phone.

To me "it's ridiculous" sounds like a denial. But let's say he does have problems with drugs, does he not deserve everyone's sympathy and respect for the struggles that he's having with this illness. Or is that something that's only reserved for habitually degenerate left-wingers? I mean the "left-liberal" "culture" that we have that glorifies perversion and vice in books and movies and "art" has normalized what Ford is alleged to have done that honestly baffles me why The Star believes this is even "scandalous". I'm sure that if it were possible to have a complete record of everything every employee of the Star has ever done, I'm sure that 90% of them would be guilty of partaking in some pretty base activities.

So who was that childrens author who was a drug addict for over 30 years whilst churning out books that were warping impressionable young minds? When he finally admitted to his problem everybody (in the media and artsy & fartsy crowd, at least) were going about his courage to face his "illness". When it's a lefty, then, it's a whole different matter - to even suggest that the degenerate should be held responsible for his own destructive addictions is unthinkable. Complete hypocrisy...

I assume you're talking about Robert Munsch, and making up his political affiliation out of thin air because you don't know but would really prefer he was a "lefty." How was he "warping impressionable young minds?" By writing his most popular book, Love You Forever, which is a beautiful depiction of traditional family values?

Don't you think that by facing his "illness" and admitting to it, he is thereby being "held responsible" for it? That's being a lot more responsible than questioning whether one can prove the rock in the glass pipe being heated from below is really crack.

Talk about complete hypocrisy...

To me "it's ridiculous" sounds like a denial. But let's say he does have problems with drugs, does he not deserve everyone's sympathy and respect for the struggles that he's having with this illness.

If he's doing crack, he needs help. If he seeks help and tries to recover, he deserves sympathy and respect.

Guest Kenneth

I assume you're talking about Robert Munsch, and making up his political affiliation out of thin air because you don't know but would really prefer he was a "lefty." How was he "warping impressionable young minds?" By writing his most popular book, Love You Forever, which is a beautiful depiction of traditional family values?

Don't you think that by facing his "illness" and admitting to it, he is thereby being "held responsible" for it? That's being a lot more responsible than questioning whether one can prove the rock in the glass pipe being heated from below is really crack.

Talk about complete hypocrisy...

Person that I'm thinking of had a public meltdown years before he sought help. Whatever the case, the allegations made against Ford have him behaving in a manner no different than has been depicted in innumerable rap videos and Hollywood movies, which generations of Canadians now have been lapping up with seemingly no sense of their own moral depravity. One would think that Ford's status would be vaulted to all-time highs, so to speak, and that his place in the pantheon of Canadian cultural icons would be assured. So i think it's time to move on, people are still starving in Africa are they not?

Person that I'm thinking of had a public meltdown years before he sought help. Whatever the case, the allegations made against Ford have him behaving in a manner no different than has been depicted in innumerable rap videos and Hollywood movies, which generations of Canadians now have been lapping up with seemingly no sense of their own moral depravity. One would think that Ford's status would be vaulted to all-time highs, so to speak, and that his place in the pantheon of Canadian cultural icons would be assured. So i think it's time to move on, people are still starving in Africa are they not?

I find it hard to believe you're talking about another children's author that the public lauded after his admission to cocaine addiction considering there's an article in today's Star about how Munsch is being lauded after his admission to cocaine addiction. http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/books/2010/05/17/robert_munsch_lauded_for_addiction_admission.html

But we can pretend there is a "leftist" children's author who had a meltdown out there whose addiction is being praised if you like. And we can pretend that rappers and fictional characters in Hollywood movies are equivalent to people holding high office.

If I were you, however, I would stick with the logical argument---there has been no verifiable tangible evidence presented yet---and not try to pretend that people really want crackheads making important decisions for them.

Guest Kenneth

I find it hard to believe you're talking about another children's author that the public lauded after his admission to cocaine addiction considering there's an article in today's Star about how Munsch is being lauded after his admission to cocaine addiction. http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/books/2010/05/17/robert_munsch_lauded_for_addiction_admission.html

But we can pretend there is a "leftist" children's author who had a meltdown out there whose addiction is being praised if you like. And we can pretend that rappers and fictional characters in Hollywood movies are equivalent to people holding high office.

If I were you, however, I would stick with the logical argument---there has been no verifiable tangible evidence presented yet---and not try to pretend that people really want crackheads making important decisions for them.

You're avoiding the real issue here, in that the left-wing media response to this has been complete hypocrisy. There are musicians out there who are infinitely more influential than Ford who have used obscene amounts of drugs -- mainstream newspapers with happily report on when their next concert is or some other human interest story about them, but hound them about their addictions and exploitative lifestyles? Never!

You're avoiding the real issue here, in that the left-wing media response to this has been complete hypocrisy. There are musicians out there who are infinitely more influential than Ford who have used obscene amounts of drugs

Even the most "influential" musicians don't run a government and oversee billion-dollar budgets. Any sitting politician caught smoking crack would get exactly the same response from the media, whether they were Justin Trudeau or Christy Clark. Stephen Harper might get more of a response just because the thought of him smoking crack would blow everyone's minds. Your argument is ridiculous..

...oh right. It's meant to be.

Edited by BubberMiley