Well someone finally did it! Someone took Muslims to a HRC

Boges

I don't know but why wouldn't this lady simply sue these people if she felt she was truly wronged. Human Rights Tribunals have a history of awarding money for things that have no legal standing. See Ezra Levant's Shakedown book where he talks about being dragged before it for publishing the Mohamed Cartoon.

The Human Rights boards apply the human rights legislation in the provinces.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

something I've noticed on Kijij classifieds...job postings where the employers insist applicants be a particular ethnicity, wtf! I've seen a lot of them, if I posted an ad requiring whites only all sorts of hell would come down on my head, it wouldn't be tolerated and shouldn't...

and how many Asian resturants hire non Asians? one of my kids pointed it out to me, she works as a server while in school and asked why she never applied to a nearby eatery "they don't hire white kids dad" and she's right I've never seen any white kids working there ever...what if McDonalds only hired white kids would happen then?

I dunno... how many white people have family owned and operated businesses?

If those same kids are part of a misogynistic, geo political/religious movement who's laws are ruling some nations and has offshoots that are extremely violent, antisemitic and anti western way of life, then yes I would be.

Why does that clarification matter?

People leaving a Mosque in Markham subscribe to none of what you posted so whats the diff?

Cant transfer there to here.....in aint Star Trek

Just how does one live afraid of their own shadow?

family owned sure but these are large restaurants with large turnovers of staff and a white kid is never hired ever...would a McDonalds that never has a ethnic kid working for it in an ethnically diverse community not raise questions?

Careful here....

Maybe....just maybe all the white kids were shiftless lazy brats?

I am not saying they are, what I am saying is that perhaps it is an affluent neighbourhood and the white kids are above working there......or it is an ethnic enclave whereby staff is replaced with whats in the hopper, and the only thing there is non white.

Maybe the chicken preceeded the egg. Not that it is, but it could be the reason

How do you know for sure? Do you speak that strange language they speak? Have to been inside the mosque and listened to the priest?

So it follows that....

You know for sure

You speak Farsi and/or other Muslim languages

Youve been inside a mosque and listened in?

I work in Markham, surrounded by Muslims. Big deal? Yea pretty much not,

Its just that I am not afraid of my own shadow and have got to know plenty of Muslims, not a one is a concern for anything you subscribe.

Stay home, its the safe way.

Careful here....

Maybe....just maybe all the white kids were shiftless lazy brats?

I am not saying they are, what I am saying is that perhaps it is an affluent neighbourhood and the white kids are above working there......or it is an ethnic enclave whereby staff is replaced with whats in the hopper, and the only thing there is non white.

Maybe the chicken preceeded the egg. Not that it is, but it could be the reason

no the McDonalds happens to be right door to one of the asian restaurants...it's quite a contrast McDonald's looks like a UN assembly of teenagers every color of the rainbow, the restaurant next door(whites, blacks, browns need not apply) ...and the asian restaurant next door to where my daughter works is exactly the same, no whites... but her employer a national chain hires everyone (majority white)... Edited by wyly

no the McDonalds happens to be right door to one of the asian restaurants...it's quite a contrast McDonald's looks like a UN assembly of teenagers every color of the rainbow, the restaurant next door(whites, blacks, browns need not apply) ...and the asian restaurant next door to where my daughter works is exactly the same, no whites... but her employer a national chain hires everyone (majority white)...

Could it be that the restaurant hires people they know, who are from the same ethnic group? Or who have language skills to serve their clientele?

Or they discriminate.... certainly wouldn't be unheard of! But it is not always easy to tell from the outside looking in....

Interestingly, no one in eight pages has mentioned a single word about the possibility that the real reason none of these Muslims would give her a man's cut was that she was a lesbian. And we all know what religious Muslims think about gay and lesbians. So maybe, rather than a case of them being too religious to touch a woman's hair its a case of not wanting to serve a lesbian...

Interestingly, no one in eight pages has mentioned a single word about the possibility that the real reason none of these Muslims would give her a man's cut was that she was a lesbian. And we all know what religious Muslims think about gay and lesbians. So maybe, rather than a case of them being too religious to touch a woman's hair its a case of not wanting to serve a lesbian...

Perhaps

But if the barber never said that out loud to her, how would we ever know apart from speculating?

He was ready to allow her to be cut by another barber

Perhaps

But if the barber never said that out loud to her, how would we ever know apart from speculating?

He was ready to allow her to be cut by another barber

He sent her away, and two months later said he'd have someone come by to cut her hair. That's not the way the HR commissions generally like to see businesses operating. If they'll cut people's hair -- except lesbians, who have to make an appointment to come back a month later, perhaps when it's closed, and come in the back door... well, not really equal rights now is it?

He sent her away, and two months later said he'd have someone come by to cut her hair. That's not the way the HR commissions generally like to see businesses operating. If they'll cut people's hair -- except lesbians, who have to make an appointment to come back a month later, perhaps when it's closed, and come in the back door... well, not really equal rights now is it?

All true, however we will never know if it is because shes gay

Could it be that the restaurant hires people they know, who are from the same ethnic group? Or who have language skills to serve their clientele?

Or they discriminate.... certainly wouldn't be unheard of! But it is not always easy to tell from the outside looking in....

the clientele in the instances I mentioned are mostly white and reflect the demographics of the area...

.in small mom and pop restaurants where English isn't the first language I can understand it but in large "westernized" established restaurants it's very suspicious, especially when the restaurants immediately next door in both cases have employes that reflect the community demographics...

family owned sure but these are large restaurants with large turnovers of staff and a white kid is never hired ever...would a McDonalds that never has a ethnic kid working for it in an ethnically diverse community not raise questions?

I thought we were talking about the local Chinese food joint?

the clientele in the instances I mentioned are mostly white and reflect the demographics of the area...

.in small mom and pop restaurants where English isn't the first language I can understand it but in large "westernized" established restaurants it's very suspicious, especially when the restaurants immediately next door in both cases have employes that reflect the community demographics...

Just out of curiosity are these franchises? Franchises can be like mom & pop shops. Someone puts their life savings into buying one and then employs their family, like they would in a mom & pop shop.

This thread is a blessing in that we can talk about an interesting issue of religious rights vs individual rights. Why do you want to sully it up with the anti-Muslim stuff? This case applies equally to Orthodox Jews, so please just squint your eyes wherever it says Muslim on here and read it as Jew.

Thanks.

Except of course that it doesn't apply equally to Orthodox Jews, since it was not Orthodox Jews who refused service.

And that is completely wrong, made even worse by the fact that the catholic schools get public money.

If non Catholics starting working at the Catholic school board it would destroy the board as it would be no different from the public one. The Catholic school board must uphold the Catholic values, if one isn't Catholic they don't know what those values are. Catholic values are inserted into each facet of school life for the child, again if the teacher isn't Catholic they cannot do this.

If non Catholics starting working at the Catholic school board it would destroy the board as it would be no different from the public one. The Catholic school board must uphold the Catholic values, if one isn't Catholic they don't know what those values are. Catholic values are inserted into each facet of school life for the child, again if the teacher isn't Catholic they cannot do this.

That's all well and good, but if the school discriminates on a religious basis, it should not receive public funding. Not to mention a gay can be a practicing catholic, and would still be forbidden from positions in the school, and hence the discrimination would be based on sexual orientation rather than religion, also unacceptable.

That's all well and good, but if the school discriminates on a religious basis, it should not receive public funding. Not to mention a gay can be a practicing catholic, and would still be forbidden from positions in the school, and hence the discrimination would be based on sexual orientation rather than religion, also unacceptable.

The Catholic Schools are protected by the Constitution.