Alberta PC to strip CPC of voting ties

The Alberta Progressive Conservative Party will be meeting to pass a vote that will sever voting ties the Conservative Party of Canada has with them. Currently, Harper's CPC can vote on issues pertaining to the Alberta Provincial PC Party. However, the AB PC Party sees the CPC as moles for the Wildrose Party and a more extreme rightwing movement in Canada more broadly. This could have implications on the federal level as the PCs distance themselves from the CPC. Will Albertans continue to support the CPC if they're associated so closely with the Wildrose Party? This could change the federal landscape.

Article: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/albertas-pc-party-considering-severing-voting-ties-with-conservative-mps/article5132897/

wildrose ...tea party, rob anders, fruitcakes...lot's of them....I never thought there would come a day that I would miss the old PC party but that day has arrived...

I'm going to have to agree!

The NDP stance was always there,and in fact they have moved more to the center!

But it is the conservatives that are polarizing the political landscape!

WWWTT

As opposed to who the NDP?

Very possibly the NDP!

Keep in mind there is growing momentum in Alberta for the NDP!

Thomas Mulcair has made the NDP position very clear on making the oil companies responsible for the clean up there and using our resources within Canada.

There is evidence that Albertans are listening to Mulcair!

WWWTT

Very possibly the NDP!

Keep in mind there is growing momentum in Alberta for the NDP!

Thomas Mulcair has made the NDP position very clear on making the oil companies responsible for the clean up there and using our resources within Canada.

There is evidence that Albertans are listening to Mulcair!

WWWTT

Alberta not Edmonton.

Its like saying Quebec is Liberal because Montreal is.

I would give every Albertan a commemorative penny, cause you know Pennies are going to be rare commodities in the future, if the NDP won Alberta.

Edited by login

The Alberta Progressive Conservative Party will be meeting to pass a vote that will sever voting ties the Conservative Party of Canada has with them. Currently, Harper's CPC can vote on issues pertaining to the Alberta Provincial PC Party. However, the AB PC Party sees the CPC as moles for the Wildrose Party and a more extreme rightwing movement in Canada more broadly. This could have implications on the federal level as the PCs distance themselves from the CPC. Will Albertans continue to support the CPC if they're associated so closely with the Wildrose Party? This could change the federal landscape.

Article: http://www.theglobea...article5132897/

The alternatives are the Liberals and the NDP. I think the CPC is safe in Alberta.

Article: http://www.theglobea...article5132897/

I think the guru of the Wildrose Party, Tom “Louis Riel” Flanagan, is not going to be thwarted by this forced “split”. Ever since Tom had that falling out with Stephen Harper and Harper has moved more to the middle, the Tom Flanagans in the West are trying to fill the old Alliance, Reform cradle that has been left empty. I believe that there are still a very large and growing number of far right wing thinkers in the West and this apparent Alberta schism will serve to create a bigger and growing support for the Wild Rose. The more the current provincial PC’s move towards the center the more people in the West move towards the Wild Rose.

I disagree that the Wild Rose is a surrogate of the current Harper regime. On the contrary, the Wild Rose may be the biggest growing threat to the federal Conservatives. Harper keeps moving towards the middle and if/when Harper finally gives it up the ship the power will pass to the more moderates, the Peter MacKay clan, who have been patiently waiting in the wings. The “real” conservatives will be looking for a home and the Wild Rose may provide it. We have been there before have we not?

Edited by Big Guy

. The “real” conservatives will be looking for a home and the Wild Rose may provide it. We have been there before have we not?

"real" conservatives? ...if conservatism is anti science,racist, homophobic, bible thumping, xenophobes well that would be the wildrose... I don't think that describes most albertans....

Alberta PCs to let federal Tories keep convention voting privileges, with restriction

CALGARY — Alberta Tories have reached a compromise over a controversial move to attempt to strip federal Conservative MPs of their automatic voting privileges at provincial conventions.

Delegates at the Alberta Progressive Conservative convention voted to allow the MPs to retain their previous status. HOWEVER..........

http://news.national...h-restrictions/

Edited by Sleipnir

"real" conservatives? ...if conservatism is anti science,racist, homophobic, bible thumping, xenophobes well that would be the wildrose... I don't think that describes most albertans....

Not most wild rose types either. As with Reform, a few screwballs get hyper play in the media because they make good stories, and the entire party is portrayed as being controlled by them.

Real conservatives, at a bare minimum, would be those capable of balancing the budget in a roaring booming economy, and not running ever increasing deficits.