Afghan-Cdn mother attempted honor killing of daughter

Mr.Canada

Just poking at your hypocricy.

I ignored the rest of the post because it's just more of the same-old: Mulsims bad, keep 'em out, yadda, yadda.

A grammar mistake is hypocrisy? Ok....whatever.

If you read my first post it wasn't about Muslims it was about their culture. I have no problems with Muslims but I do have a problem with extremism and fundamental fanaticism, as should you. It's concerning to me that we're importing these cultures into Canada.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A grammar mistake is hypocrisy?

It wasn't a mistake; you use foreign spelling all the time. To do so while complaining about foreign cultures in Canada is kind of hypocritical. Certainly ironic.

If you read my first post it wasn't about Muslims it was about their culture.

Religion and culture are not the same. Islam is a religion. People of many cultures practice Islam.

It wasn't a mistake; you use foreign spelling all the time. To do so while complaining about foreign cultures in Canada is kind of hypocritical. Certainly ironic.

If my spelling bothers you do much just stop posting in my threads. Easy.

Like I said whatever. Nothing you'll say will make it so that normal, everyday people will think that honour killing is an accepted practice in Canada, which I believe is your goal.

Hrm, what do they call it when people ignore the argument and instead attack the poster?

It was a bit of a jibe; I already said so. But, a jibe at one's opponent is not an attack; they're a little added fun in debate; great parliamentarians have been masters at it. And pointing out hypocricy requires acknowledgement of the topic.

So it's obvious that you're not concerned about immigrants who come to Canada and perform or attempt to perform honour killings. That's unfortunate and a little sick. Do you protect these cultural practices because of political correctness?

No. Do you have a problem reading? If not, revisit my last comment regarding the logic you employ.

Me saying that people who come to Canada shouldn't commit murders or attempted murders influenced by religion and culture is wrong?

If you say so. I'm sure you're in the minority.

This woman made the choice to try to kill her daughter because she wanted to live as a normal Canadian teenager. How dare she. It's disgusting that no one is on the side of this innocent little girl.

Everybody is on the side of this innocent little girl.

It doesn't then necessarily follow that everyone is on your side in the discussion, agreeing with every remark you make.

For example, until I have more knowledge about poster g_bambino, I'm going to take it as a given that his "goal" is not to make honour killings "an accepted practice in this country."

That seems unlikely, after all...donchathink?

Everybody is on the side of this innocent little girl.

This is good news it just seems that everyone is siding with this woman. I dare not call her a mother because a real mother doesn't try to murder her children. A mother protects her children.

It doesn't then necessarily follow that everyone is on your side in the discussion, agreeing with every remark you make.

For example, until I have more knowledge about poster g_bambino, I'm going to take it as a given that his "goal" is not to make honour killings "an accepted practice in this country."

That seems unlikely, after all...donchathink?

Yes probably. I highly doubt he seeks to normalize honour killings. Sounds quite ridiculous once I red it again. I apologize to the bambino for that one, it was uncalled for and inflammatory.

Edited by Mr.Canada

This woman made the choice to try to kill her daughter because she wanted to live as a normal Canadian teenager. How dare she. It's disgusting that no one is on the side of this innocent little girl.

Aren't you one of those people who argues that Muslim immigration should be restricted because they won't assimilate?

Me saying that people who come to Canada shouldn't commit murders or attempted murders influenced by religion and culture is wrong?

No one should commit murders or attempted murders. "Why" is irrelevant, unless it relates to self-defense or premeditation.

The justice system can handle this.

The Shafia case demonstrated that.

Leaders in Canada's Islamic community are saying the Shafia quadruple-murder trial was fundamentally about domestic violence rather than so-called honour killings, a day after a Kingston, Ont., jury convicted all three of the accused in the case.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2012/01/30/shafia-trial-verdict-reaction.html

No one should commit murders or attempted murders. "Why" is irrelevant, unless it relates to self-defense or premeditation.

Leaders in Canada's Islamic community are saying the Shafia quadruple-murder trial was fundamentally about domestic violence rather than so-called honour killings, a day after a Kingston, Ont., jury convicted all three of the accused in the case.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2012/01/30/shafia-trial-verdict-reaction.html

"Why" is certainly relevant if it reflects a broader social problem (as in the case of domestic violence).

Guest American Woman

This is good news it just seems that everyone is siding with this woman.

You've said that you don't "flame" or "troll," that you believe everything that you post, so if this is what you truly believe given what people have said - that everyone is siding with the woman, it's no wonder your perception of so many things is so off. You really don't know how to process information, or you choose not to. I'm not saying that in an inflammatory way - just as the way it is. In other words, people are rarely thinking or doing what you claim they are. You might want to keep that in mind and try a little harder to process what people are saying without letting your preconceived ideas get in the way.

I dare not call her a mother because a real mother doesn't try to murder her children. A mother protects her children.

She's hardly the first mother to harm her child, and unfortunately, she won't be the last.

Yes probably. I highly doubt he seeks to normalize honour killings. Sounds quite ridiculous once I red it again. I apologize to the bambino for that one, it was uncalled for and inflammatory.

This attempted murder doesn't have the markings of an honor killing, which I already pointed out - citing quotes from the mother. It seems to me that you have a need to present it as an honor killing, as if it's somehow just not quite bad enough if we don't attach that label to it.

Sometimes mothers kill/attempt to kill/harm their children, and they aren't all Muslims. By the same token, sometimes Muslim mothers kill/attempt to kill/harm their children, and it's not all out of "honor." If that were the case, if it were always out of "honor," Muslims would be the only parents on the face of the earth to never kill/attempt to kill/harm their children, but for their religion - and that would be quite something.

Edited by American Woman

Guest Peeves

That doesn't mean every Muslim who kills her(his) child(ren) feels that way; I would imagine the occasional Muslim is mentally ill, too.

The article says that she "quickly went from defiant to repentant in the hours after her arrest," and it sounds as if it all happened prior to her having legal counsel .... "Her right to a lawyer was temporarily suspended because the blood-stained clothing she was wearing was considered as evidence."

I'll go out on a limb and suggest this attempted murder was committed by a mother with cultural beliefs that she thought gave her the right to murder a misbehaving daughter. Sadly, for the daughter good and the family honor.

Were I a younger daughter I'd either stick to the straight and narrow cultural mores of the family, or get the hell out of town post haste. Some societies unfortunately include these with their baggage.

She now has developed a selective self serving memory.

As in another case of multiple family murders, we have seen the perps are neither very bright nor are they good liars.

Guest Peeves

Leaders in the Islamic community can say publicly what they want, but what they know and what they say behind closed doors according to many,is often quite different.

"fundamentally about domestic violence rather than so-called honour killings"

That is pretty much nonsense given the reasons expressed and the testimony. What other domestic issues were there. Just the parents and brothers insistence to follow their cultural mores or die to save their honor.

Certainly it's domestic violence when these things happen, but over cultural custom and honor.

I might suggest a sickening culture that is anachronistic and draconian in nature and that denigrates women.

It is not about some immigrants religion at all. It's not about Muslims or Islam, it's about the terrible traditions and cultural baggage carried by immigrant families to the West.