Republican National Convention 2012 coverage

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry about it, that's just who he is. He's been successful in pulling me down to his level. But I'm going to disregard most of his comments from now on.

Man thats freekin funny buddy!!!!!

WWWTT

The lack of ethnic diversity in the crowd was truly remarkable.

I thought maybe a "candid" closeup on a random ethnic face (a la CPC) would seem too conspicuous, but I googled images of the convention. The camera really wasn't lying.

Sad state of affairs for the party.

Voters should remember small details like this when they vote!I do!

WWWTT

Almost as low as the odds of you not being the biggest hypocrit in the forum. You like to constantly criticize Romney for being like Obama, but you never criticize Obama for actually being Obama.

You keep missing the point that I had already made the claim years ago that Obama would be worse than Bush but in different ways. That's not being a hypocrite. Your guy Romney won't be any better.

I got to say I was might impressed by Romney. I mean, his speech was meh, but they made him look so life-like! It's amazing what they can do with holograms these days.

I tried to watch part of his speech. I lasted about 5 minutes.

Also too bad Romney could not deliver his speech without teleprompters.

Edited by GostHacked

It was a real snoozfest. I will be interested in the ratings considering last night they were down almost 20 million from 2008 and Ryan is a much more interesting man then Romney. I look forward to how much the numbers dropped from 2008.

Romney's speech was excellent. Definitely the best line was "4 years ago President Obama promised to lower the sea levels and heal the earth. I promise to help you and your family."

That theme will continue throughout the campaign!

The theme that a country of dreamers should stop dreaming? Seriously the country that put a man on the moon, the country that built buildings that touch the sky, the country that moved a whole river to irrigation California to grow food, the country that undertook the largest public works projects ever in the high way system should start to dream a little smaller? Sounds like a real loser to me.

Obama's goals maybe lofty but lofty ideas were what America was built on.

Edited by punked

I LOL'd at this:

That president was not the choice of our party but Americans always come together after elections. We are a good and generous people who are united by so much more than what divides us.

Never mind that the Republicans basically made obstructionism the centrepiece of their agenda even before Obama took the oath. Bipartisanship and compromise aren't even words in the GOP vocabulary.

Romney's speech was excellent. Definitely the best line was "4 years ago President Obama promised to lower the sea levels and heal the earth. I promise to help you and your family."

That you think that's a great line tells me you haven't heard very many speeches in your short life.

Can't wait for 4 years to hear another candidate say about Romney '4 years ago President Romney promised to help you and your family, I promise to *.*'

Empty promises we know they cannot possibly keep.

I LOL'd at this:

Yeah first thing I noticed was the much hated Obamapromters by Shady, being used by Romney. I'd say something about irony, but the real irony is that acute is obtuse.

Never mind that the Republicans basically made obstructionism the centrepiece of their agenda even before Obama took the oath. Bipartisanship and compromise aren't even words in the GOP vocabulary.

Yes indeed, and now the cycle continues. Every four years we get to see more and more of what the American Clown Show really is about. S.F.A.

Can't wait for 4 years to hear another candidate say about Romney '4 years ago President Romney promised to help you and your family, I promise to *.*'

Empty promises we know they cannot possibly keep.

You're pretty much complicit in Obama's broken promises. You've barely uttered even a peep of criticism. But you've been pretty outspoken about Romney, even though he hasn't been in any office for several years. You're a colossal hypocrite.

You're pretty much complicit in Obama's broken promises.

Care to elaborate?

You've barely uttered even a peep of criticism.

Absolute nonsense. What do you mean obtuse? How ya like me now?

But you've been pretty outspoken about Romney, even though he hasn't been in any office for several years. You're a colossal hypocrite.

How can I be outspoken against Romney who has not been in any office for several years?

But here is one thread I started, but no one replied. This was critical of Obama, surprised you did not jump all over that one, we could have teamed up and done quite well. I guess it got drowned out with the plethora of Obama hate posts you managed to start.

http://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums//index.php?showtopic=20767&pid=789226&st=0entry789226

However without your other man Bush, Obama could not put the PATRIOT Act on steroids which is the NDAA. The NDAA allowed indefinite detention of American citizens under the guise of domestic terrorism. Something you completely ignore and don't seem to have a problem with. I've also been critical of the bailouts Obama had made. But that goes to show what you pay attention to. The only hypocrite here is you.

Unlike you who backed away from the birther thing, I still do not believe Obama is a natural born US citizen. Weaksauce Shady.

I feel sorry for you that you actually are buying into the notion that Romney will fix the country. You are a partisan hack Shady. That much to me is apparent.

But will Shady stop? NOPE!!! Will he ignore everything I said here?? YES!!!

I said Obama would be worse than Bush, turns out I was right, you should have listened to me Shady, I was right and you have posted enough to make that quite apparent.

Come on Shady we can team up .. We can DO this!!!! *crowd chant's 'yes we can, yes we can, yes we can! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! Let's come together after this election ok?

Care to elaborate?

Absolute nonsense. What do you mean obtuse? How ya like me now?

How can I be outspoken against Romney who has not been in any office for several years?

But here is one thread I started, but no one replied. This was critical of Obama, surprised you did not jump all over that one, we could have teamed up and done quite well. I guess it got drowned out with the plethora of Obama hate posts you managed to start.

http://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums//index.php?showtopic=20767&pid=789226&st=0entry789226

However without your other man Bush, Obama could not put the PATRIOT Act on steroids which is the NDAA. The NDAA allowed indefinite detention of American citizens under the guise of domestic terrorism. Something you completely ignore and don't seem to have a problem with. I've also been critical of the bailouts Obama had made. But that goes to show what you pay attention to. The only hypocrite here is you.

Unlike you who backed away from the birther thing, I still do not believe Obama is a natural born US citizen. Weaksauce Shady.

I feel sorry for you that you actually are buying into the notion that Romney will fix the country. You are a partisan hack Shady. That much to me is apparent.

But will Shady stop? NOPE!!! Will he ignore everything I said here?? YES!!!

I said Obama would be worse than Bush, turns out I was right, you should have listened to me Shady, I was right and you have posted enough to make that quite apparent.

Come on Shady we can team up .. We can DO this!!!! *crowd chant's 'yes we can, yes we can, yes we can! USA ! USA ! USA ! USA ! Let's come together after this election ok?

So still no economic criticism of Obama huh? That's what I thought.

I still think it was a good line that wasn't delivered as well as it could have been. I think it would have hit better if the crowd didnt laugh after the first part because by the time Romney finished it he didn't sound sincere.

I still think his speech was just good. Or good enough. But I would expect that most people thought that is what he would deliver. A good one. Not great. He isn't a great speaker. But good is enough to at least keep the numbers where they are now and maybe, maybe move the numbers up a tiny bit.

Guest American Woman

The best line was Eastwood deriding lawyers and saying that they shouldn't be president.

Romney went to law school.

I didn't watch it, but I read about it, and of course that's what really had me wondering if he was even aware of who he's endorsing - or if perhaps he's starting to lose it.

Guest American Woman

I still think it was a good line that wasn't delivered as well as it could have been. I think it would have hit better if the crowd didnt laugh after the first part because by the time Romney finished it he didn't sound sincere.

As I said, he doesn't come across as the "I care more about you and your family" type than Obama does. Not at all. He comes across as what he is - rich and privileged.

I didn't watch it, but I read about it, and of course that's what really had me wondering if he was even aware of who he's endorsing - or if perhaps he's starting to lose it.

Possibly. I guess he gave a good speech endorsing Romney about a month ago in Iowa. The campaign thought it went over well and asked him to do it again. He obviously didnt do that.

I kinda feel bad for the guy.