Harper Gallery leaves MP's speechless...

Citizens who really want a national portrait gallery in Ottawa can rest easy. The government already has one.

All you need to get in is a Commons security pass, a Conservative party membership and a keen desire to view exclusive pictures of Prime Minister Stephen Harper, exclusively.

Conservative MPs confirmed yesterday what Green party leader Elizabeth May and Macleans.ca blogger Kady O'Malley reported on their cyberspace sites.

Photographs of Mr. Harper in various poses, at various sites, are hung throughout the private and cosy government lobby of the House of Commons.

Ms. May and Ms. O'Malley were surprised and a bit speechless when they saw the exhibit recently as guest Commons Speakers during a youth Parliament.

"When you walk in the door, all you see are pictures of Stephen Harper," said Ms. May

"I'd say between every window, in every available space of the wall, at eye level, every available space has a photo of Stephen Harper."

Two words spring to mind to describe someone that narcissistic, mentally unstable.

http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/story.html?id=9c6b53f6-f0a2-4eca-93bb-559023144731

Two words spring to mind to describe someone that narcissistic, mentally unstable.

http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/story.html?id=9c6b53f6-f0a2-4eca-93bb-559023144731

Rick, aren't you making a mountain out of a molehill?

Except for blind, partisan leftwingers, who the hell cares? Harper is a politician! Of course he's narcissistic and mentally unstable!

Name me ONE politician who isn't!

And don't even THINK of using Elizabeth May for your example!

Man, sometimes I think you'd turn a rainy day into a partisan event...

Harper is a politician! Of course he's narcissistic and mentally unstable!

Sorry, Bill. Everyone else that has been in that place was also a politicians and none of them hung pictures of themselves exclusively.

You take this with all the other things Harper does and it all becomes rather insane. He changed the letterhead from Government of Canada to Harper Government. The party was found in contempt of parliament. Reporters regularly complain about a lack of transparency and access to information. Federal scientists need his approval to deliver their research at conferences. He glorifies military missions (remember the Libya celebration?), rather than treating them as as solemn but necessary obligation. He's used partisan ideology to determine what third-sector organizations will be defunded, while in the past party-politics did not play a role. He continues to try to get legislation passed to be able to spy on your communications without a warrant and had to get Toews to backpedal twice on it.

Dear Leader is right. And apathy rules the day.

Edited by cybercoma

Wow just wow. Doesn't say much though, there have been very good Narcissistic leaders such as Bill Clinton and very bad ones as well such as Pol Pot. It really is all about what they truly believe because narcissistic leaders are very hard to convince they are wrong so you better hope they are right most of the time.

Wow just wow. Doesn't say much though, there have been very good Narcissistic leaders such as Bill Clinton and very bad ones as well such as Pol Pot. It really is all about what they truly believe because narcissistic leaders are very hard to convince they are wrong so you better hope they are right most of the time.

The beauty of our system,as opposed to the one Pol Pot championed is...

In four years we can send the "Dear Leader" at 24 Sussex Drive packing back to Calgary...

Edited by Jack Weber

Previous Prime Ministers would always display portraits of their predecessors along with cabinet members.

Nobody went to the extreme levels of narcissism that Harper has shown.

Narcissism? Maybe Harper is in the lead for that. Again I say, so what? He IS a politician!

At least he doesn't talk to his dead dog at a seance!

I just cant' understand why so many believe their political heroes must be saints and shining examples of the "perfect" personality.

If they were normal they would never run for election!

Narcissism? Maybe Harper is in the lead for that. Again I say, so what? He IS a politician!

At least he doesn't talk to his dead dog at a seance!

I just cant' understand why so many believe their political heroes must be saints and shining examples of the "perfect" personality.

If they were normal they would never run for election!

:lol::lol::lol:

Nice Mackenzie King reference!!!

That dude was wierd!!!

Edited by Jack Weber

Sorry, Bill. Everyone else that has been in that place was also a politicians and none of them hung pictures of themselves exclusively.

And you know this because... ?

Do you people really think Harper came down one fine day with a bunch of pictures of himself and put them up there? I mean, really!? :rolleyes:

Fact is that in this day and age, the leader is the party. People didn't vote Liberal, Tory or NDP. They voted Harper, Ignatieff, or Layton. That's just the way it is. Most of the time they barely even knew the name of their local candidate, and didn't care. So obviously some flunky decided to put Harper's picture up in place of whatever, party logos, maybe. Big shrug.

Ricky, Ricky. We know you hate Harper. We got the memo......but dragging up an article from January 2008 is taking things a little far......grow up! It bears repeating - it's amazing how those on the Left carry so much anger with them....whether it's anti-Harper, the Global Warming zeolots, the anti Sarah Palin crowd - the Left is filled with anger and venom - like spoiled children - they can't seem to accept any view other than their own. Rick - you are a shining example of that anger.

The beauty of our system,as opposed to the one Pol Pot championed is...

In four years we can send the "Dear Leader" at 24 Sussex Drive packing back to Calgary...

But of course that won't happen as the NDPeers & the Liberones drop in the polls & the fiscal policies of PM Harper show the way to a bigger majority. Lizzie Greenery is not even mentioned.

But of course that won't happen as the NDPeers & the Liberones drop in the polls & the fiscal policies of PM Harper show the way to a bigger majority. Lizzie Greenery is not even mentioned.

Or..... the only thing keeping this country growing was the policies the opposition forced on the Conservatives and as time goes on and Canadians are worse and worse off it will be the CPC dropping like a rock.

http://thechronicleherald.ca/canada/109408-canada-s-forecast-looks-grim-as-growth-jobs-slow

Or..... the only thing keeping this country growing was the policies the opposition forced on the Conservatives and as time goes on and Canadians are worse and worse off it will be the CPC dropping like a rock.

http://thechronicleherald.ca/canada/109408-canada-s-forecast-looks-grim-as-growth-jobs-slow

Hey Punked, why don't you stamp your feet and cry? That would prove how calm and logical lefties are! :P

Ricky, Ricky. We know you hate Harper. We got the memo......but dragging up an article from January 2008 is taking things a little far......grow up!

there is never, never... a statute of limitations on showcasing Harper narcissism. As it happens I was out of the country for long periods in 07/08 - I actually missed this 'Harper Gallery' gem. A big thankee to MLW member, 'Rick'.

You would just love that wouldn't you? Just because that is how your behaved when your team wasn't in power does not mean that is how all of us respond to adversity.

I did no such thing! I was working in my riding association as hard as I could to get the Liberals out!

I was too busy actually doing something to cry!

I did no such thing! I was working in my riding association as hard as I could to get the Liberals out!

I was too busy actually doing something to cry!

Yah yah sure sure. You are rubber and I am glue. I get it I get it. In the end I am working in my ridding association an I hate to break to you but it is as busy as I have seen it in 10 years. People don't like Harper and it isn't just me. They feel he is doing things he never talked about and are getting pissed.

Edited by punked

An entire gallery of pictures of yourself is not normal behaviour, even for a politician. Bizarre.

Absolutely.

And I'm betting it's intention is to intimidate his own Ministers and MP's into toeing his line.

So when do the parades start with the paid hordes all carrying his picture and bowing and scraping? :lol:

Will I live to regret laughing at that possibility? :blink:

Yah yah sure sure. You are rubber and I am glue. I get it I get it. In the end I am working in my ridding association an I hate to break to you but it is as busy as I have seen it in 10 years. People don't like Harper and it isn't just me. They feel he is doing things he never talked about and are getting pissed.

Actually punked, I admire you for it! I'm glad you are having a good turnout!

God help us if we all thought the same politically. How would we polish up ideas so that there was less chance of mistakes? There is nothing that can destroy any organization faster than "group think".

As I've said many times, Harper bugs me sometimes too! If you folks can knock off some more rough edges I will cheer you on!

I may not agree with a lot of NDP policies but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate your spirit and commitment! If your party ever got in power then as long as you learned from your mistakes I think we would all be the better for it. I have been saying for a long time that the federal NDP in Canada needed to modernize, a la the British Labour Party under Blair. It seemed to me that was the direction Jack was taking you.

Just don't be so dogmatic that you see anyone who disagrees with you as an evil enemy! It will only slow all of you down! People disagree with you because they don't think your IDEAS work, not because they are evil and delight in hurting their fellow man. Quite often their goals are identical to yours. They just have a different idea of how to achieve them.

I was SURE he was a closed man with very limited availability and complete closure... Un-available... This just shows his open and available stature. He's also holding Student parliamnent sessions? Ok, my perceptions of Steve Harper have changed.. If piggy-may is astonished at Harpers transparency and openness, I'm afraid to think what a closed parliament she would run. Good for Harper in leading by example..