The newest bad word in the USA

Guest American Woman

My daughter and three year old grandson were at the protest at the Capital Building. :)

So for the record, this happened in the Michigan legislature, not the U.S. - So it's "the newest bad word in the U.S.A. Michigan," at best; as I pointed out, there was a protest - with lots of references to "vagina(s)."

It got lots of attention. They held a Vagina Monologues performance on the steps of the Michigan Legislature. A male Republican rep, I can't remember his name off hand, likened the women in the house that aren't allowed to speak to children having a time out too. Pretty condescending words to level at another elected representative. This whole thing is ridiculous and what's surprising is that Michiganders aren't more appalled by it all.

Edited by cybercoma

Guest American Woman

It got lots of attention. They held a Vagina Monologues performance on the steps of the Michigan Legislature. A male Republican rep, I can't remember his name off hand, likened the women in the house that aren't allowed to speak to children having a time out too. Pretty condescending words to level at another elected representative. This whole thing is ridiculous and what's surprising is that Michiganders aren't more appalled by it all.

You do realize that there was a protest, because you speak of it. So what makes you think Michiganders should have been more appalled? Should they have strung the legislators in question up on the Capital steps? Burned them at the stake? Rioted? Just what more should they have done publicly to win your approval? :rolleyes:

You do realize that there was a protest, because you speak of it. So what makes you think Michiganders should have been more appalled? Should they have strung the legislators in question up on the Capital steps? Burned them at the stake? Rioted? Just what more should they have done publicly to win your approval? :rolleyes:

Geeez AW. Why the vitriol? Sounds like you may have some sand in.... OMG. Sorry.

"Vitriol?" :unsure:

vitriol [ˈvɪtrɪˌɒl]

n

1. (Chemistry / Elements & Compounds) another name for sulphuric acid

2. (Chemistry / Elements & Compounds) any one of a number of sulphate salts, such as ferrous sulphate (green vitriol), copper sulphate (blue vitriol), or zinc sulphate (white vitriol)

3. speech, writing, etc., displaying rancour, vituperation, or bitterness

vb -ols, -oling, -oled, -olling -olled (tr)

1. to attack or injure with or as if with vitriol

2. (Chemistry) to treat with vitriol

Guest American Woman

vitriol [ˈvɪtrɪˌɒl]

n

1. (Chemistry / Elements & Compounds) another name for sulphuric acid

2. (Chemistry / Elements & Compounds) any one of a number of sulphate salts, such as ferrous sulphate (green vitriol), copper sulphate (blue vitriol), or zinc sulphate (white vitriol)

3. speech, writing, etc., displaying rancour, vituperation, or bitterness

vb -ols, -oling, -oled, -olling -olled (tr)

1. to attack or injure with or as if with vitriol

2. (Chemistry) to treat with vitriol

Ummm. Yeah. I know what the word means. I'd like to know why you think it applies. Apparently you think Cybercoma's comment was called for, so perhaps you could explain just what Michiganders should have done to show an appropriate level of appalled-ness. <_<