Potus patooooie! Who is/was THe Worst?

Guest Peeves

Guest Peeves

I nominate Jimmy 'Peanuts" Carter.

he Jimmy Carter Un-Presidential Library

Dedicated to the Worst President and Worst Ex-President in U.S. History!

Below are a growing number of links to blog posts, articles, and Op-Eds concerning the worst former president in the history of the United States of America, Jimmy Carter. Many were written by TMQ staff, while others were found around the internet. They clearly reveal the magnitude of Carter’s seditious meddling in the American foreign policy arena, to say the least.

http://tmq2.wordpress.com/the-jimmy-carter-un-presidential-library/

Lots of opinion links that support MY choice.

The Carter Center: http://www.cartercenter.org

Browse the links below and see for yourself what a disaster this peanut farmer from Georgia has been for our country. Yet he’s an icon and mentor for countless liberals, hordes of Democrats, scores of left-wing media houses, and multitudes of other enemies of the United States. Swaggering behind his cheesy smile, intense hubris, and holier-than-thou Christianity, Carter has damaged our country beyond measure, and continues to do so.

From his stroke-of-luck presidency, to Iran’s humiliation of the US due to his botched decisions and spinelessness, to his anti-Semitism, to his shady relationships with petrodollar-rich Arabs and terrorist leaders, to his latest book of distortions and lies about Israel and the Pal-Bots, Carter has consistently revealed his contempt for the USA and Israel. He does all of this while referring to himself as a devout Christian, but in reality, for America and many other countries, Carter has truly been a lethal anomaly.

I nominate Jimmy 'Peanuts" Carter.

http://tmq2.wordpress.com/the-jimmy-carter-un-presidential-library/

Lots of opinion links that support MY choice.

According to the American people Bush was worse then Carter better check your opinion polls. What makes you think he is the worst? Was the large job growth some of the best numbers in the last 50 years a percentage growth rate? Was that he was one of the only presidents in the last 50 years to have years without deficit (the other being Bill Clinton)? Was it his policy to get off the oil dependence that is crushing America right now? What specifically did you not like?

Geee what ever could it be. Maybe it was the oil embargo which really showed us how America was going to be if they never got off the stuff. Hey look at what we got now less oil in the world and it is looking more and more like Carter every day. The US needs to convert to natural gas now because energy feeds that giant and the oil is coming out of the ground as fast as it can.

Edited by punked

So in your hurried zeal to try and score partisan political points you made an error. Perhaps you can learn from this.

I have no clue what you are talking about. There was no zeal to score partisan political points. The point stands in the last 50 years only three guys didn't have a deficit and one of them was Carter. Which is probably why Peeves doesn't like him. He did what conservatives only talk about doing. Balancing a budget.

Edited by punked

I have no clue what you are talking about. There was no zeal to score partisan political points. The point stands in the last 50 years only three guys didn't have a deficit and one of them was Carter.

...and America rewarded President Carter accordingly, by not re-electing him. That's how important it is/was in the overall scheme of things. Play the deficit game in Canada where it means much more.

...and America rewarded President Carter accordingly, by not re-electing him. That's how important it is/was in the overall scheme of things. Play the deficit game in Canada where it means much more.

Lots of people lose elections it doesn't make them best or worse anything. Churchhill lost in 1945 I don't think anyone would say he was the worst PM of all time, Bush I lost in 92 and I would not put him in the running for the worst president. People lose elections it happens, if you want to discus the worst president based on something quantitative I will be here waiting.

Yet your attempt at quantitative discourse on this topic was found to be erroneous.

The very term "worst president" is an oxymoron.

Nope the point is the same even with the corrected details. Sorry. Good try to have an argument with out the details though.

Edited by punked

William Henry Harrison. Either that or he's the best President. Your choice.

:)

I couldn't stand Carter though I voted for him in 1976 and 1980. After 1980 I saw what a great President could be like.

But the combination of Franklin Pierce (1853-7) and James Buchanan (1857-61) were hard to beat on the downside. Collectively they almost destroyed the country; not that their immediate predecessor, Millard Fillmore, was any better.

I wonder if King, Trudeau and/or Chretien could have been worse though.

Guest American Woman

Experts agree it's Harding. Anyone who tries to play politics and claim it was someone else is BSing you.

Are you saying that we all must agree with what the "experts" claim? That no one is entitled to their own thoughts/opinion? :unsure:

Everybody knows that the worst president in US history was Andrew Jackson. Here's what Kate Beaton said about Andrew Jackson in her hilarious historical comic-strip book Hark! A Vagrant:

Andrew Jackson: you love him or hate him, and not much in between. He did some good things. He brought himself up from nothing and did what he thought was best. And he did a lot of bad things. Modern folks can't really look at something like the Indian Removal Act and think, 'Yeah, but maybe he was an okay dude.' Don't kid yourselves either--it's not like in his time no one thought to duke it out with him when he was being a jerk. The man had so many musket balls in his body you could stick magnets to him, if magnets stuck to lead.

Everybody knows that the worst president in US history was Andrew Jackson. Here's what Kate Beaton said about Andrew Jackson in her hilarious historical comic-strip book Hark! A Vagrant:

Give me a break Andrew Jackson was divisive for sure but not a bad president. He was not bought and did what he said he would when he was elected. I think you would be hard pressed to actually argue he was the worst.

Guest Peeves

Rankings from various polls of scholars and whatnot, pretty interesting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_rankings_of_Presidents_of_the_United_States#Scholar_survey_results

Interesting article.

As ranking goes Carter is really rank. :P

I take particular exception to his position on the peace initiatives and his writings.

http://www.camera.org/index.asp?x_article=1246&x_context=2&x_outlet=118