Rae not running

Media is reporting that Bob Rae will not seek to run for the leadership of the Liberals.After what Harepr said about him in the House yesterday, I had a feel Rae wouldn't and put the pressure back on Harper to see if he would stand by what he said. http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/canada-politics/bob-rae-not-seek-permanent-liberal-leadership-150303541.html

I just wish he would have been more "transparent" with this process... I mean, one year where he refused to disclose his motives? The sheer secrecy in this smack of complete disregard for the democratic process and again, with the Libs, the transparency or complete lack there of is shamefull. Where is the accountability? I mean REALLY, they just changed the rules today to suit him (spending OUR money) and there is no accountability! What are we paying our politicians for? Wasting time? I want transparency and accountability!!

Sickening... Simply sickening

Sickening... Simply sickening

He said he wasn't running, and then when the Conservatives tried to spread false rumours that he was running, he restated that he wasn't running. Methinks you're just bitter that you've been made to look like a fool. :lol:

Um dude... Check your facts... He said he was "looking at all options".. That was until Steve Harper called him out.. Rae buckled... I'm not bitter... I'm eXTATIC that Justin true-dough has a chance to run! How do you feel about the green party whoooping the libs ass for 3rd place? Um yea...

He said he wasn't running, and then when the Conservatives tried to spread false rumours that he was running, he restated that he wasn't running. Methinks you're just bitter that you've been made to look like a fool. :lol:

How do you feel about the green party whoooping the libs ass for 3rd place? Um yea...

Nope. The NDP and Libs would be more likely to merge with Trudeau as Liberal leader. And then the Liberal Democrats will govern Canada for the rest of my life.

NICE!!!!!! Lololol...

Merging 2 polar opposites for the sake of power never works... Its a nice dream however... Like bubber says "forever and ever and ever"..... Or was that from the novel "of mice and men"?

"Pretty rabbits"

Media is reporting that Bob Rae will not seek to run for the leadership of the Liberals.
The federal Liberal Party of Canada is officially dead.
Justin Trudeau is thinking about it. Good thing he won that fight.
Justin's question is: do I die with the Liberals, or join the federal NDP and defeat Harper.

----

Justin's father was once a CCFer. He only joined with Pearson because the federal Liberals, at the time, offered a route to power.

Edited by August1991

The federal Liberal Party of Canada is officially dead.

Justin's question is: do I die with the Liberals, or join the federal NDP and defeat Harper.

----

Justin's father was once a CCFer. He only joined with Pearson because the federal Liberals, at the time, offered a route to power.

1.I think you're right...The Liberal Party of Canada is on life support and the plug is about to be pulled...And I think you're right that Justin Trudeau's best bet,assuming he wants a long political career,would be to get as far away from the rotting carcass that is the federal Liberal party,the Mulcair version of the federal NDP is probably his best option...

2.The current version of the NDP is looking alot more like the Trudeau Liberal party of the late '60's and through the '70's than anything the Liberal's have4 have looked like in the last 15 to 20 years...And it's true that one of the reasons Pierre Trudeau went with the Liberal party was because the CCF/NDP of the time wasn't electable with mainstream Canadians...