NDP Leading Tories in Newest Poll

And how many of these "fill in the blanks" shots can we expect from Mulcair? For a leader who wants to raise NDP support outside Quebec he's off to a poor start.

Yah so poor he is leading Harper in the polls. We should only wish his support is so poor come election time eh?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yah so poor he is leading Harper in the polls.

Polls, shmolls. All they're good for is keeping polling companies in business and political pundits and wannabe pundits peddling their punditry. I have never put any faith in polls and wasn't surprised by the polling fiasco in advance of the Alberta vote.

I have never put any faith in polls and wasn't surprised by the polling fiasco in advance of the Alberta vote.

Except when the polls say what you want, of course. :lol:

Of course not. Then they'd have to talk about the poll that places the Conservative at 43#, majority territory.

At this point in time opinion-polls have little more than entertainment-value. Not very likely in Canada that there would be an early election.

And as a result, the outcome of the poll must be taken very lightly. The answers aren't really all that serious, because most people aren't even considering such things.

Edited by Smallc

And as a result, the outcome of the poll must be taken very lightly. The answers aren't really all that serious, because most people aren't even considering such things.

On specific things,I agree,these polls are generally meaningless...

As a general guage of the mood of the electorate towards a sitting government,they're a fairly decent barometer...

But,dips in popularity for any government in the middle of a long term mandate are also commonplace...

As a general guage of the mood of the electorate towards a sitting government,they're a fairly decent barometer...

i don't even know if they're that really. They can show a few things, but, I don't think that, say, if a vote were held today, the NDP would come out ahead.

And how many of these "fill in the blanks" shots can we expect from Mulcair? For a leader who wants to raise NDP support outside Quebec he's off to a poor start.

The NDP is ahead in the polls and he has a higher approval rating now than Harper.

Yeah... poor start.

Mulcair should not point out an injustice???

You got it wrong buddy!

Mulcair must continue to point out the wrongs in our system.

If some have a problem with that then they are not fit to rule

WWWTT

Mulcair shouldn't have played the race card, even if it's only implied.

Polls, shmolls. All they're good for is keeping polling companies in business and political pundits and wannabe pundits peddling their punditry. I have never put any faith in polls and wasn't surprised by the polling fiasco in advance of the Alberta vote.

The polls are a hell of a lot more accurate than the opinion of a highly partisan woman on the net.

Mulcair shouldn't have played the race card, even if it's only implied.

This is your opinion that I do not share.Neither does Mulcair.

Some will be offended,but that's tuff!

WWWTT

Good one Bubber. I worked with a bloke who, when asked how he was always answered "fair to midland". I'm sure that was way before that band came along. :)

I'm pretty sure Bubber's right and the expression is fair to middlin'.

Of course, there could be local variations ... near Midland, say. :)

This is your opinion that I do not share.Neither does Mulcair.

Some will be offended,but that's tuff!

WWWTT

It was a classless move and I won't support it. He was right to bring up the double-standard, but he was wrong to imply that it was race related.

Attention MLW posters. Cybercoma has appointed himself the resident opinion grader. Is your opinion:

1. accurate?

2. inaccurate?

3. fair?

4. fair to midland?

and last but not least...

5. irrelevant?

Only Cybercoma holds the answers.

I'm sorry that you can't see that just making up crap off the top of your head is less relevant than a methodologically sound researched investigation into the matter. I'm not the grader of opinions. I'm saying that your opinion is less relevant than a study on the topic, not less relevant than another opinion. Apparently you don't understand that though. Probably because you think all opinions are equally valid and there's no such thing as facts. Edited by cybercoma