Rob Ford loses it again

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe he recharged the reporters phone and went through it before turning it over to the cops.

I can't believe that after all that, along with the proof the reporter wasn't looking over the fence or taking pictures, that they aren't charging Ford with anything. I guess the Star chose to take the high road, but perhaps it also helps having control over the police budget.

Edited by BubberMiley

Can't really defend him if he claimed there was video evidence of Dale peering into backyard and the police say there isn't.

Now it's interesting that people will believe the Police now but when they said Ford never berated a 911 operator following the Marg incident there was a sentiment that the police were lying.

Ford does have a history of this kind of thing so I can't say it's a surprise.

That's not very nice. He's no worse than the people on this forum who defended him and will likely now disappear since they've been proven to be embarrassingly wrong. :lol:

Yes, this is surely a blow to the credibility of the Ford supporters, and a boost to the haters. Let the fat jokes proceed.

I can see now that the measure of integrity and justification of a persons actions is whether it's legal or not. I guess Menzies did the right thing after all, to hell with respect for others. Glad we got that cleared up.

Edited by Spiderfish

I can see now that the measure of integrity and justification of a persons actions is whether it's legal or not. I guess Menzies did the right thing after all, to hell with respect for others. Glad we got that cleared up.

That was my sentiment from the beginning. I never thought what Dale and the Star did was illegal, I just thought it was in poor taste.

So ... it's ok for the National Post to do a story on the public property the mayor wants to buy, with photos, but the Star can't ?

Ford overreacted and blew this all out of proportion, and he's wearing it now. Karma. :)

The National Post sent a reporter to Ford's house in the evening?

Edited by Boges

Good Grief... Ford is so full of it, video evidence makes him look like a fool.

Just as it was dark when he called 911 to protect his familiy against warrior princess...

I personally think he looks/acts drunk or drugged in the daytime.

Edited by madmax

Now it's in "poor taste" for a reporter to do his job in the evening before sunset? I think you've moved those goalposts back about as far as they can go. :lol:

Nope, look at this thread, that was my sentiment from the beginning. I said both sides look bad in this issue.

Nope, look at this thread, that was my sentiment from the beginning. I said both sides look bad in this issue.

But "from the beginning" you assumed Ford wasn't lying and the reporter was taking pictures over the fence, that Ford didn't forcibly take the Blackberry, or recharge it to illegally look at the pictures on it. I think Ford looks bad, you look bad, and the reporter is completely vindicated.

But you can try and cling to the belief you appear consistent and reasonable through it all. :lol:

But "from the beginning" you assumed Ford wasn't lying and the reporter was taking pictures over the fence, that Ford didn't forcibly take the Blackberry, or recharge it to illegally look at the pictures on it. I think Ford looks bad, you look bad, and the reporter is completely vindicated.

But you can try and cling to the belief you appear consistent and reasonable through it all. :lol:

Well the neighbour was on record to supporting Ford's claim.

In your mind the Reporter and the Star are completely vindicated. That's your political slant, I still think going to someone's home even if you stay on public property is pretty TMZ of the Star.

What were you saying when the Police backed up the claim that the CBC was lying about Ford berating a 911 operator?

Well the neighbour was on record to supporting Ford's claim.

You're calling the neighbour a liar? I don't remember any such thing. I just remember Ford saying the neighbour said the reporter was on the cinder blocks, but the neighbour had no comment.

In your mind the Reporter and the Star are completely vindicated. That's your political slant...

No, that's the conclusion the police made.

I still think going to someone's home even if you stay on public property is pretty TMZ of the Star.

It would be a rather fascist state where a reporter wouldn't be allowed to investigate a potentially shady deal where the mayor is purchasing parkland from the city.

What were you saying when the Police backed up the claim that the CBC was lying about Ford berating a 911 operator?

Ford admitted he lost his temper and started swearing at the operator.

Edited by BubberMiley

You're calling the neighbour a liar? I don't remember any such thing. I just remember Ford saying the neighbour said the reporter was on the cinder blocks, but the neighbour had no comment.

The initial records of the story said the Neighbour tipped Ford off to the reporter in the backyard.

Ford admitted he lost his temper and started swearing at the operator.

The CBC report had Ford calling the operator a bitch and saying "I'm Rob Effin' Ford". The Chief of Police came out saying those reports were false.

Edited by Boges

The initial records of the story said the Neighbour tipped Ford off to the reporter in the backyard.

No one ever said he was in the backyard. They always agreed he was in the park behind the house. Get your facts straight.

The CBC report had Ford calling the operator a bitch and saying "I'm Rob Effin' Ford". The Chief of Police came out saying those reports were false.

You're reduced to recycling old arguments about just where in the conversation Ford put his "effin'"? Maybe you should go back to the derangement syndrome strategy. :lol:

In your mind the Reporter and the Star are completely vindicated. That's your political slant, I still think going to someone's home even if you stay on public property is pretty TMZ of the Star.

So why does the mayor escape your approbation? Sure you acknowledge he "looks bad" but that's pretty easy on a guy who threatened someone and then lied about it for more than a week.

The National Post went to the public property next to Ford's house (ie, the public property Ford wants to buy), took pictures of the public property and published them.

But for some reason the Star is not allowed 'freedom of the press'? <_<

The National Post went to the public property next to Ford's house (ie, the public property Ford wants to buy), took pictures of the public property and published them.

But for some reason the Star is not allowed 'freedom of the press'? <_<

Sounds like it's a good thing the National Post reporter never got caught. Anyhow, since the matter has been cleared up from a legal standpoint, there's nothing stopping the Star reporter from going back and completing his story, although I think he's already gotten more mileage out of this incident than any boring property purchase column ever would.

Everybody wins, the Star got a headline, the reporter got notoriety, and Ford got a new phone.

Sounds like it's a good thing the National Post reporter never got caught.

"Caught" doing what?

Taking pictures of public property?

The National Post had every legal right, and a public responsibility, to photograph the property and report to the public.

So did the Star.