Rob Ford loses it again

Mayor Rob Ford chases and confronts Toronto Star reporterRob Ford chased and confronted a Toronto Star reporter who was on public property near his home while working on a story about the mayor’s bid to buy adjacent parkland.

“Daniel Dale was on public property; he was never on Ford’s property,” said Toronto Star spokesman Bob Hepburn. “He was following up on a story when Ford came out of his house, off his property, and cornered Daniel, yelling at him. The mayor had his fist cocked, yelling at him to drop his cellphone and tape recorder, which Daniel did.”

Ford spoke to reporters outside his Etobicoke home around 10 p.m. and admitted to chasing Dale

http://www.thestar.com/news/article/1172186--mayor-rob-ford-chases-and-confronts-toronto-star-reporter?bn=1

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2012/05/02/toronto-ford-house-incident.html

That loud mouthed buffoon needs to be locked up. :lol:

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get real, I'd be upset if my neighbour alerted me to someone skulking around the property at night taking pictures.

That paper isn't content with making stuff up about Ford, for which they have yet to apologize, stalking him and his family including his 78 year old mother, but now they send a reporter out at night.

The reporter and the paper are out on a limb on this one, they need to stick to reporting facts and improving their journalistic standards (if they ever had any).

http://www.newstalk1010.com/News/localnews/blogentry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10379303#comments

:rolleyes:

Public property, until Ford decides to buy it, it's free for anyone to use and take pictures as they please.

In fact.. channeling my inner Johnny Fever here....

I encourage everyone to grab their cameras and head down to the Mayor's house, that's on Edenbridge Drive in Etobicoke, head to the park next door and utilize their rights, and take pictures. Lot's of evening shots and sunrise pictures would be good too.

No surprise people here think it's okay to stalk and harass a public figure and his family. Maybe the question asked should be why does the Mayor need to buy property for a security fence !

I expect better from a large newspaper, not tabloid journalism, go after policy but don't make it personal. That paper lost it's integrity some time ago, they give yellow journalism a bad name.

No surprise people here think it's okay to stalk and harass a public figure and his family. Maybe the question asked should be why does the Mayor need to buy property for a security fence !

The better question is...why should Ford not be held accountable for his actions.

If Ford can't handle the heat, he needs to get out of the line of fire.

Is that so?

Huh.. :ph34r:

Public park...

I know the fascist right, will disagree though.

So, since the reporter did nothing illegal, what we have here is Rob Ford yelling and threatening someone in a public place.

Again...

Public park...

I know the fascist right, will disagree though.

So, since the reporter did nothing illegal, what we have here is Rob Ford yelling and threatening someone in a public place.

Again...

Yeah, but I know the looney left will think it's okay for a newspaper to conduct a personal vendetta against a public figure instead of sticking to issues.

If someone was skulking around my house at night I'd call the cops too.

Yeah, but I know the looney left will think it's okay for a newspaper to conduct a personal vendetta against a public figure instead of sticking to issues.

If someone was skulking around my house at night I'd call the cops too.

So checking out the public land the mayor wants to buy = intimidation and stalking?

Same with the CBC Tranny thing, both sides are in the wrong here. Ford didn't need to call the police, but the Star has stalked him at his cottage and followed him mom around so this might be the last straw for him.

From what I've heard on the radio, the land that he's trying to purchase can easily be seen from the front of the property's sidewalk. The neighbour claims that the reporter was in the back peering over cinder blocks at 7:30pm. Kinda odd behaviour.

It maybe legal but it's pretty tabloidy trashy journalism if you ask me. Type of thing they'd do in the UK or on TMZ.

Say what you will about The Sun, but they never sent people to David Miller's home at dinner time.

Edited by Boges

I can't recall David Miller ever blocking or refusing to hold a scrum where the Toronto Sun was present....

Unlike Ford who's refused to answer to Toronto's largest newspaper....

Really, Ford's in need of a soother for his crybaby act on Oakley this morning and a few anger management classes.

But Olivia Chow had the best take on this.

@oliviachow

By the way, those coming over to my house, do bring a tape recorder, the birds are singing. And my mother won't charge at you

I can't recall David Miller ever blocking or refusing to hold a scrum where the Toronto Sun was present....

Unlike Ford who's refused to answer to Toronto's largest newspaper....

I think Miller refused to talk to the likes of Sun Anne Levy.

The Ford's refusal to talk to Star isn't an excuse to keep sending people to his home.

Just like the Marg thing, nothing will come from it, unless of course the Police find grounds to charge the guy. But I doubt it.

But there are witnesses that were startled by the reporters presence so it's not just Ford that found the reporter's behaviour odd.

I do find it ironic that the reason Ford wants to purchase this property is to try and prevent people to do what this Star reporter did.

Edited by Boges

:lol::rolleyes:

No one was skulking around his house.

http://www.newstalk1010.com/News/localnews/blogentry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10379434

Doug Ford says the reporter Daniel Dale was standing on a cinder block looking into the backyard.

It doesn't matter if it was public land, it's intent and suspicious behaviour - why don't you hang around a school yard taking pictures and see how that goes.

http://www.newstalk1010.com/News/localnews/blogentry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10379434

Doug Ford says the reporter Daniel Dale was standing on a cinder block looking into the backyard.

It doesn't matter if it was public land, it's intent and suspicious behaviour - why don't you hang around a school yard taking pictures and see how that goes.

School yards aren't public property. Whoops!

I think he was implying standing just outside a public school on public property.

Was the guy taking pictures of the Ford's property? We don't know that yet.

If he was peering in, that's a bit sketchy, but the simple fact remains, if you see some suspicious activity, you call the cops. You don't charge out like an enraged hippopotamus, especially if you're the mayor. Especially if you're this mayor.

The Neighbour backed him up on that one actually.

Of course he did...wouldn't you if you had a 300lb psycho with a drinking problem, anger management issues and known to attack and threaten people living next door to you too..

The neighbour's probably afraid for his own life...

Cops have the video...we'll see if they'll release it this time :lol:

Wait what? A 300 lb man sweating KFC juices charges at you with his fists cocked, and calling for help is "looking for a confrontation"?

Well he could have run off, Not like Ford could have caught him or anything. Wouldn't have made him look like a bigger pussy than yelling HELP!!!!