The use of the word "bigot"

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find that a few posters use this word very frequently and should not be allowed to use it any further

It is inflammatory and is only meant as a personal attack, it serves no purpose in any argument other than to antagonize

We've had similar arguments in the past about words like 'racist' and so forth...

My take on it is that if people are (if infrequently) willing to refer to themselves that way, then it's a point of view and not an insult. That said, the person may need to provide evidence that this is the person's point of view.

It may be better to refer to the point of view as racist or bigoted, in the spirit of peace.

I leave it to the moderators though.

We've had similar arguments in the past about words like 'racist' and so forth...

My take on it is that if people are (if infrequently) willing to refer to themselves that way, then it's a point of view and not an insult. That said, the person may need to provide evidence that this is the person's point of view.

It may be better to refer to the point of view as racist or bigoted, in the spirit of peace.

I leave it to the moderators though.

No, you need to make the judgement Michael, the moderators don't post on the forums, they hardly even drop by

People here respect your judgement enough

No, you need to make the judgement Michael, the moderators don't post on the forums, they hardly even drop by

People here respect your judgement enough

They are here often enough. They don't advertise their presence, and - yes - their opinion matters more than mine as they actually moderate the site.

No, seriously. You begin posting from each of your accounts and you're mostly decent. However, after a couple weeks, you inevitably lose all perspective and devolve into angry rants and insults. I'm not sure what the issue is, but it seems to be anger. You can't control your 'cool'. I mean it in the most sympathetic way possible. You might want to look into getting your anger under control. It's even evident in your utter disdain for any type of authority. Unless you're 16 years old because that would explain a lot and you'll probably just grow out of it.

lol funny thread this one. I actually think that in the interest of free speech and expression, those words are perfectly acceptable to me. Even insults should be allowed. People will quickly see that those that quickly resort to insults probably don't have anything intelligent to add to the conversation. when people say racist or bigoted things they should be prepared to be called out for it. They can try to make the case that they are not racist or bigoted and readers can hear both sides and draw their own conclusions.

but I don't make the rules, its not my house. We are all guests here. My folks taught me to be respectful of other people's rules when I am a guest in their house.

Even insults should be allowed. People will quickly see that those that quickly resort to insults probably don't have anything intelligent to add to the conversation.

The problem is that it develops into two groups hurling insults at one another and claiming the other has nothing to add.

If someone calls me a racist can I call them an asshole and then provide evidence to show why, in my opinion, that's an accurate description of them?

How many different accounts is he posting from? Is that even allowed under forum rules? Most of the other forums I visit have strict rules against this.

I was banned twice because when I get attacked or if people are condesecending to me

I don't bitch out and tattle on them.. I give them a taste of their own nastiness

If anything I am a product of this toxic forum environment

I was banned twice because when I get attacked or if people are condesecending to me

I don't bitch out and tattle on them.. I give them a taste of their own nastiness

If anything I am a product of this toxic forum environment

Or...You're just off your meds again...