Is Canada going to war too?

So if Obama doesn't bluff, then why are more and more forces being deployed to the Straight of Hormuz?

http://www.executive-magazine.com/getarticle.php?article=15225

Netanyahu just did a round... for some reason for high level talks with Canada and the President of the US...

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/netanyahu-tells-obama-i-have-yet-to-decide-whether-to-attack-iran-1.416711

Eve after these talks - Israel, not sure..

It sounds like a strategic game play and tactical positioning right now and that an attack is imminent. I'm just hoping it isn't before the weather has warmed up a bit, last thing Canada needs is a war crisis in winter.

the US sent a third aircraft carrier group this month (March) to the Gulf,

Edited by Sa'adoni

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope we DO get bogged down in a war in Iran for a decade or two. And I hope they put millions of small time drug offenders in jail as well, and fully implement the warrantless surveillance of citizens etc, and I hope the waste 100 billion dollars on building an offensive military as well.

Canadians need to learn that elections have consequences.

I hope we DO get bogged down in a war in Iran for a decade or two. And I hope they put millions of small time drug offenders in jail as well, and fully implement the warrantless surveillance of citizens etc, and I hope the waste 100 billion dollars on building an offensive military as well.

Canadians need to learn that elections have consequences.

Typical hateful, kooky left-wing response, hoping Canadian soldiers are killed in a 2 decade war for left-wing political gains. You are a disgraceful human being, dre.

Typical hateful, kooky left-wing response, hoping Canadian soldiers are killed in a 2 decade war for left-wing political gains. You are a disgraceful human being, dre.

NOT true, I don't want one single Canadians soldier to fight for Israel or in a war with Iran. So you tell me, will Harper send soldiers over? Do you want them to go? Israel has nukes and who ever is in the area, won't come back, is that what you want from our military?

NOT true, I don't want one single Canadians soldier to fight for Israel or in a war with Iran. So you tell me, will Harper send soldiers over? Do you want them to go? Israel has nukes and who ever is in the area, won't come back, is that what you want from our military?

Whomever is in th area won't come back? What the hell are you talking about. Are you claiming Iran already has the ultimate WMD?

You have it exactly backwards. If I had my way not one single troop would die over there. But Canadians just gave a majority government to the dude who was furious that we didnt get bogged down in Iraq for 10 years.

Like I said, elections have consequences.

I predict we WILL participate if theres a war. An act of idiocy that will dump more canadian blood and treasure out on the sand over there, without any usefull purpose what-so-ever. If we are lucky it might just be a ground war... but if the regime responds against any of its neighbors or other western assets in the middle east it will likely cause a prolonged ground war, followed by another multi trillion dollar national building project. And this time Canada will be stupid enough to get involved.

You have it exactly backwards. If I had my way not one single troop would die over there. But Canadians just gave a majority government to the dude who was furious that we didnt get bogged down in Iraq for 10 years.

I predict we WILL participate if theres a war. An act of idiocy that will dump more canadian blood and treasure out on the sand over there, without any usefull purpose what-so-ever. If we are lucky it might just be a ground war... but if the regime responds against any of its neighbors or other western assets in the middle east it will likely cause a prolonged ground war, followed by another multi trillion dollar national building project. And this time Canada will be stupid enough to get involved.

Getting involved would go against Harpers protecting the Canadian economy defense

that he uses for everything

Edited by olpfan1

Well said, and you're right, completely and utterly disgraceful. But I'm not suprised. When these type of leftwing radicals aren't in power, they wish ill on Canadians for not having the "good sense" to have voted for them. So now, they deserve punishment. :rolleyes:

Yes they do. And you need to stop acting like a baby just because you didn't like the result. Stop wishing ill on Canadians, based on things you hope happen vs things that probably won't. Just because you don't like the outcome of the last election. It's completely pathetic, but not suprising. Just like your cheerleading for the Iranian regime.

Getting involved would go against Harpers protecting the Canadian economy defense

that he uses for everything

Iran cannot be trusted with the bomb. But I guess they need to have it for things to move forward, right?

Edited by lukin

Yes they do. And you need to stop acting like a baby just because you didn't like the result. Stop wishing ill on Canadians, based on things you hope happen vs things that probably won't. Just because you don't like the outcome of the last election. It's completely pathetic, but not suprising. Just like your cheerleading for the Iranian regime.

:lol:

Iran cannot be trusted with the bomb. But I guess they need to have it for things to move forward, right?

I hate Iran as much as I hate Israel, I'm on no ones side here, so let me look at it from both sides here

and be as fair as I can

Israel has legitimate fears that if Iran has a nuclear weapon that they would get nuked.. and a lot of that has to do with how the Palestinians are being treated. That's one of the main things Iran hates about Israel

Every country around Iran has had or had U.S troops and is being closed in on from every angle

The Iranian regime feels like they are being threatened and going nuclear would be used as a deterrent

So, what is the only peaceful outcome here?

There isn't any

Israel isn't going to back down and let the Palestinians be

Iran isn't going to stop trying to go nuclear

So, if they're going to go to war get the f*** on with it already

Edited by olpfan1

Guest Peeves

The key operative words being, "But Canadians just gave a majority government..."

Canadians didn't chose the alternative.

Canada has been involved in several wars, under several governments I believe, including the invasion of Iraq with the USA, Korea, & WW1 and WW2. All before Harpers majority.

Your economy wasn't ruined by the Vietnam War...Canada made BILLIONS! Look at the bright side. ;)

That is because officially Canada never got involved in the Vietnam war, Canadian troops did volunteer if they wanted to fight though

btw this war against Iran isn't going to be like Vietnam, its going to be the start of another world war

Edited by olpfan1

That is because officially Canada never got involved in the Vietnam war, Canadian troops did volunteer if they wanted to fight though

Canada favored South Vietnam during the war...don't kid yourself.

btw this war against Iran isn't going to be like Vietnam, its going to be the start of another world war

Really? How do you know this? Oh well...I always wanted a good reason to sing Peggy Lee's Is That All There Is?

Heh-heh....yes, that's works best in Canada. Keep 'em in the dark about such things as much as possible.

With a canadian public weary against american anything and a world power like the US as your neighbour whom will be very pissed

if you dont help them there really isnt any choice other than to act like this