Asteroid Threat on Planet Earth

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woe betide any alien species we find that are not as technologically advanced as us, no matter what country our invaders are from. I think it's fair to say we'd be the proverbial monsters from space.

If I had anything to say about it the only Earthlings I'd allow to contact another species might be the Tibetans.

E.T Aliens don't exist.. What it probably is are humans living on other planets in different solar systems as well as ours

why would we be the only human civilization?! the universe is never ending

E.T Aliens don't exist.. What it probably is are humans living on other planets in different solar systems as well as ours

why would we be the only human civilization?! the universe is never ending

Humans are specific to 1G + a certain percentage of oxygen in the atmosphere (and numerous other factors). What's more likely is that life will develop according to their individual environments. A 5G world? Short and squat...perhaps more legs? Not humans, anyways.

Humans are specific to 1G + a certain percentage of oxygen in the atmosphere (and numerous other factors). What's more likely is that life will develop according to their individual environments. A 5G world? Short and squat...perhaps more legs? Not humans, anyways.

Indeed. Not to mention that each step of evolution is an inhberetly random event. If you took an exact copy of the earth and its solar system as it was 4 billion years ago and let time play itself over again, you'd likely end up with some very different than humans too. The human species is the result of a series of billions of chance events, and changing the outcome of just one roll of those dice along the way would have yielded a different result.

Indeed. Not to mention that each step of evolution is an inhberetly random event. If you took an exact copy of the earth and its solar system as it was 4 billion years ago and let time play itself over again, you'd likely end up with some very different than humans too. The human species is the result of a series of billions of chance events, and changing the outcome of just one roll of those dice along the way would have yielded a different result.

Yes and no, Bonam. Evolution is a process of adapting to a specific environment, after all. I agree that higher gravity would make short and squat bodies with possibly more legs more likely to be the best adapted than tall bipeds.

If the environment was similar to ours then I'm not that sure that a species would evolve all that differently. Most of the extreme differences would not be good choices to adapt and prosper to such a situation. I think the basic overall body form might be quite similar to our own! The placement of eyes and ears could vary but binocular vision and stereophonic hearing have worked quite well for us in our environment. Why not in the same somewhere else?

I can't believe everything is by chance, there's an order to things here that can't be explained by saying oops it was an accident!

Just look at the sun, if it moved a tiny bit we'd burn up or freeze to death, photosynthesis, animals..look at all of the different kinds of animals..they're all unique and made to adapt perfectly to their environments

you're not going to tell me all of that was an accident ..you may believe that because that is what scientists have told you to believe but that doesn't make it so

But I also believe humans, animals have evolved

I don't see why it can't be a combination of both

I can't believe everything is by chance, there's an order to things here that can't be explained by saying oops it was an accident!

Just look at the sun, if it moved a tiny bit we'd burn up or freeze to death, photosynthesis, animals..look at all of the different kinds of animals..they're all unique and made to adapt perfectly to their environments

you're not going to tell me all of that was an accident ..you may believe that because that is what scientists have told you to believe but that doesn't make it so

But I also believe humans, animals have evolved

I don't see why it can't be a combination of both

Post hoc, ergo propter hoc.

Guest Manny

Meanwhile lets indulge in sheer fantasy about short squat aliens with 6 legs, in a 5G world. And why not, because your imagination is more better than someone else's imagination!

I don't speak dumbass, can you explain what you meant please?

Latin, actually. If one thought of all the bizarre long shot events that led up to buying a ticket and winning the big lottery prize, one might think a Divine Hand was at work. But, no matter the odds, somebody eventually wins. No God needed. Now apply this to planets.

http://www.skepdic.com/posthoc.html