Sounds like Dean tried his own 'in and out' scam.

Ya ... and now he's fu*ked. :)

Point man on the fraud calls ... Harper's designated fall guy?

I bet Del Mastro is starting to feel like wet laundry ... soon to be hung out to dry ... left flappin' in the wind. :D

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This looks really bad. The PCO should have known if there was even a remote possibility of fraud with DDM before he was named Parliamentary Secretary. Moreover, PMSH stood up and defended him personally. If DDM is charged and convicted of fraud, this will not bode well for Harper, especially considering DDM is his "ethics" man.

But, wait! There's more.

12 employees from Dean's cousin's company each donated $1000 to his campaign. Of course, David Del Mastro and four other people from the company say there were no reimbursements given to any of them for their "contributions." There's also no indications that Dean himself knew what was going on. However...

[T]hree donors to Del Mastro’s campaign or riding association, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, say they were asked to make $1,000 donations and were reimbursed by Deltro for the full amount plus a $50 bonus ... Employees were also asked to enlist friends or family to make similar donations[.]

Read more: http://www.ottawacitizen.com/Employees+linked+cousin+company+each+gave+Mastro+campaign/6790645/story.html#ixzz1xuQeQKvA

So what do you think? Dean Del Mastro victim of circumstances or guilty as hell?

You know that's completely legal right? 100% legal... So your saying they are playing within the law buts its in the meadia... Does being highlighted in the media make it wrong? Ummm on, they donated possibly cuz they like him and his platform?

COMpLETELY legal... But in the media...

Dean will be vindicated and it will NEVER see press or air-time.. As usual. Let's try a novel approach and umm, use, innocent till proven guilty.

Guilty is : Sponsorship

Guilty is : Jack Layton handjobs at a rub n tug

Guilty is : Accepting money from unions on the slide for NDP events

Guilty Is : In and out (what ALL the parties have admitted too)

Again, the 13 donations were TOTaLlY legal.. Learn your rights an rules and stop being the medias "little bitch"

But, wait! There's more.

12 employees from Dean's cousin's company each donated $1000 to his campaign. Of course, David Del Mastro and four other people from the company say there were no reimbursements given to any of them for their "contributions." There's also no indications that Dean himself knew what was going on. However...

So what do you think? Dean Del Mastro victim of circumstances or guilty as hell?

I'd like to know why this is coming up now, as way back when, his campaign was cleared and signed off on, by E.C. Why didn't EC find anything then...

What was reported today, was EC had been looking into this but things are slow going over EC and when certain things were found it needed a judge to get the documents and expect longer time with the cuts coming.

I'd like to know why this is coming up now, as way back when, his campaign was cleared and signed off on, by E.C. Why didn't EC find anything then...

I guess they don't routinely investigate every donor named for such connections unless there's reason to suspect illegal activity ... which there is now for Del Mastro.

Ahem, unless there is a bias... I suggest we all wait like big boys and big boys until this shakes out to a "charge"...

I have investigated many asses and they all smelt like shit... But at the end of the day.. A satisfactory ass is usually found clean ass a whistle... Throwing shit at an ass don't make it dirty...

I guess they don't routinely investigate every donor named for such connections unless there'sreason aheuspect illegal activity ... which there is now for Del Mastro.

You know that's completely legal right? 100% legal... So your saying they are playing within the law buts its in the meadia... Does being highlighted in the media make it wrong? Ummm on, they donated possibly cuz they like him and his platform?

COMpLETELY legal... But in the media...

Dean will be vindicated and it will NEVER see press or air-time.. As usual. Let's try a novel approach and umm, use, innocent till proven guilty.

Again, the 13 donations were TOTaLlY legal.. Learn your rights an rules and stop being the medias "little bitch"

Now you're just talking ridiculous, Pierre.

It was put, ‘We need to find some people to make $1,000 donations,’” said one former Deltro employee.

Numerous sections of the Elections Act forbid donors from exceeding the individual limit on donations by concealing their donations and forbid others from helping to conceal the real source of a donation.

And if you read the article you'd know that.

And I expect there's a bit of a legal issue with bribing employees to conceal your donations - ie, with the $50 AND the fraudulent tax deduction that came out of taxpayers' pockets!

Did Dean Del Mastro know?

You bet he knew.

Can it be proven?

Remains to be seen.

Did his cousin get any perks for engineering these illegal donations?

That remains to be seen too.

But you're not fooling anybody here with your obfuscation, Pierre.

Illegal, illegal, illegal.

And if I was one of the employees bullied into this scam and now facing possible charges, I'd be suing the prick.

And I'll bet a lot of employers who ran this scam are shaking in their boots right now, and so they should be. And I hope other employees start to come forward and blow the lid off this crap. Enough corruption!

And I don't really care which party(ies) are implicated ... clean it up!

Edited by jacee

You have got to be kidding me.

Democracy is dead, folks.

OTTAWA — With the complex and politically-charged robocalls investigation still under way, Commissioner of Canada Elections William Corbett has retired and been replaced a former justice department bureaucrat.

Read more: http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/justice+department+bureaucrat+named+federal+elections+commissioner+major+investigations/6819634/story.html#ixzz1yTCm8ZIF

As far as I can tell, these commissioners usually serve 5 year terms but it seems Corbett's appointment was open ended. It was reported Corbett retired so I suppose one possibility is that he may have had enough of public service and wanted out. The other possibility is that Mayrand, who appears to have a lot of involvement with who gets to be Commissioner of Elections, was concerned about all the leaks coming out of that office and held Corbett accountable for it so he asked him to step aside. That's all supposition so I'll wait for the bloodhounds Maher and McGregor to shed light on what actually happened to cause Corbett's departure.

I'm just left wondering why "elections Canada" hasn't said anything as of late.. Could it be that there is no cause for an investigation? Sure would be nice to have transparency.. Seems like its a dead case? Sure would like to see if the "smoke" was the root of any "fire"? Or... Maybe there was no substance to this....

I'm just left wondering why "elections Canada" hasn't said anything as of late.. Could it be that there is no cause for an investigation? Sure would be nice to have transparency.. Seems like its a dead case? Sure would like to see if the "smoke" was the root of any "fire"? Or... Maybe there was no substance to this....

Or could it be that they are building a case like what happened with the Liberals and the Gomery Inquiry?

No, that was a daily update with people shaking in the boots! This seems just a tad too silent.. Or dead... I'm ok with an investigation, I'm just wondering why it seems to have died! Everywhere!

Or could it be that they are building a case like what happened with the Liberals and the Gomery Inquiry?

No, that was a daily update with people shaking in the boots! This seems just a tad too silent.. Or dead... I'm ok with an investigation, I'm just wondering why it seems to have died! Everywhere!

It might be because it takes a long time to make a case of this magnitude???

It's understandable that Mayrand doesn't want to further erode the public's trust in the electoral process. I think he and his outfit are keeping quiet of late not to add fuel to the fire. I would bet dollars to donuts he and his officials would like to resolve the whole thing without fanfare. All we can do is wait till he reports to Parliament or our friends Maher and McGregor hit the motherload.