• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was the Liberals calling their own voters?

No.

Elections Canada unearths ‘Poutine’s’ aborted robo-call posing as Liberals

STEVEN CHASE AND TAMARA BALUJA

OTTAWA

From Saturday's Globe and Mail

Last updated Saturday, Mar. 24, 2012 9:49AM EDT

The robo-calls fraudster who hid behind the alias “Pierre Poutine” had toyed with a scheme to dial Guelph, Ont., voters in the middle of the night with a fake message from the local Liberal campaign.

This early hours call designed to turn voters against Liberal candidate Frank Valeriote was recorded but never sent, new court filings show.

Continued: http://m.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/pierre-poutine-taped-election-call-impersonating-liberals/article2379712/?service=mobile

Or a lib or dipper operative working inside the con party. As I have said before, if they had the goods on the cons ,it would be out by now.

you know what you are? an extremely sad example of a conservative fanboy in denial.

New Information

Was there an organized effort to move votes between ridings?

What's new is that an influx of unregistered voters somehow got on the voters list in Eglinton-Lawrence without providing the address information that Elections Canada requires. At least 2,700 such applications were approved and signed by an elections official so that the applicant could vote. But an examination by CBC News shows most of them have address problems. Some give addresses of a bank or a UPS store, where nobody lives. Others have no address at all. And most have no previous address — which is required to ensure that voters aren't on the list at both old and new residences.

Another odd feature of the voters list in Eglinton-Lawrence is that 12 members of one family all got on the list using four different current addresses, but without giving any previous addresses at all. An Elections Canada official said that, without that information, the applications would not have been approved or signed by an elections official.

However, all of the hundreds of forms examined by CBC News show, beneath a notation saying, "office use only," the signature of an "authorized official."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2012/03/08/pol-lawrence-eglinton-milewski.html

If there was wrongdoing by Elections Canada are they going to admit to it in their investigation?

Edited by cybercoma

New Information

Was there an organized effort to move votes between ridings?

If there was wrongdoing by Elections Canada are they going to admit to it in their investigation?

Thread Title is Now Bunk for this ENTIRE THREAD.

The video is pure speculation and theory..

the ORIGINAL thread title actually had some basis facts in it. It is actually the reason this thread exists and goes on for so long.

This NEW thread title is a separate thread. Where people could speculate and theorize..

I watched this video and the guy has to stretch things but its all hypothetical.

Sure its all doable, its nothing new or any revelation for as long as there have been elections.

Ironically I asked Bryan to come up with some proof of his Wonky Theory, the Liberals Did it...

But this whole new direction is a waste of my time.....and yes I had saw the video before and thought it was bunk then, but I gave it a 2nd look...

If this is the Thread and Thread Title...

I am cashing in my chips...consider this my last post.

Conspiracy theorists enjoy...

Thread Title is Now Bunk for this ENTIRE THREAD.

The video is pure speculation and theory..

the ORIGINAL thread title actually had some basis facts in it. It is actually the reason this thread exists and goes on for so long.

This NEW thread title is a separate thread. Where people could speculate and theorize..

I watched this video and the guy has to stretch things but its all hypothetical.

Sure its all doable, its nothing new or any revelation for as long as there have been elections.

Ironically I asked Bryan to come up with some proof of his Wonky Theory, the Liberals Did it...

But this whole new direction is a waste of my time.....and yes I had saw the video before and thought it was bunk then, but I gave it a 2nd look...

If this is the Thread and Thread Title...

I am cashing in my chips...consider this my last post.

Conspiracy theorists enjoy...

I'm not getting your post, at this point it's all theory.

The problem with the original thread is that there were multiple things going on and being speculated about since the second page. I simply made a broader title to encompass all of the additionaln conversation going on in this thread. I would say that the people voting in ridings without proper identification fits in with the rest of the fraudulent activity that is being discussed about in this thread. It all ties back to the fact that there are numerous problems across the country associate with Federal Election 41.

If in fact the House Committee is to meet Mayrand on budget day, I think that would have been raised in QP today but it wasn't. The Procedure and House Affairs Committee meets tomorrow but it has other business on its agenda. I am still doubtful a meeting with Mayrand has definitively been scheduled.

@glen_mcgregor: Does everyone understand that Chief Electoral Officer Marc Mayrand can't and won't talk about #robocalls investigation at committee Thurs?

@glen_mcgregor: Mayrand isn't conducting the #robocalls investigation. It's led by Comm of Elections William Corbett, who hasn't been invited to #PROC.

@glen_mcgregor: So, best we'll get from Mayrand is general discussion and maybe his thoughts on revisions to Elections Act re #robocalls.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2012/03/26/pol-elections-canada-committee-thursday.html

Chief Electoral Officer Marc Mayrand will appear before the procedure and House affairs committee Thursday morning after putting out a statement asking for the chance to update MPs about the ongoing investigation in Guelph, Ont. coming out of the May 2, 2011 election.

A notice for the committee meeting says the subject is "allegations of wrongdoing" during the 41st general election.

It's official then. Here's the Committee's full notice of meeting with agenda and witnesses. One hour and a half has been set aside for the meeting. It says the meeting will be televised so we shouldn't expect Elections Canada to disclose names linked to the investigation due to questions of privacy.

http://www.parl.gc.ca/HousePublications/Publication.aspx?DocId=5472284&Language=E&Mode=1&Parl=41&Ses=1

It's official then. Here's the Committee's full notice of meeting with agenda and witnesses. One hour and a half has been set aside for the meeting. It says the meeting will be televised so we shouldn't expect Elections Canada to disclose names linked to the investigation due to questions of privacy.

http://www.parl.gc.ca/HousePublications/Publication.aspx?DocId=5472284&Language=E&Mode=1&Parl=41&Ses=1

I suppose so, but if he isn't gonna say anything new there really is no point in him doing this

I suppose so, but if he isn't gonna say anything new there really is no point in him doing this

He'll update them/us on the investigation process. It's too soon for results of investigations.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think the Elections Canada investigation has two objectives:

- identify any criminal actions and report these to the

RCMP for investigation and laying charges where appropriate

- identify where 'irregularities' may have compromised election results, where riding byelections must be held (and possibly nationally too).

Investigations take time. That's what he'll say on Thursday.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2012/03/27/pol-robocalls-legal-challenge.html

Robocalls trigger legal challenges in 7 ridings

The seven ridings are:

Don Valley East in Ontario, won by Conservative MP Joe Daniel by 870 votes.

Nipissing-Timiskaming in Ontario, won by Conservative MP Jay Aspin by 18 votes.

Saskatoon-Rosetown-Biggar in Saskatchewan, won by Conservative Kelly Block by 538 votes.

Vancouver Island North in B.C., won by Conservative John Duncan by 1,827 votes.

Winnipeg South Centre in Manitoba, won by Conservative MP Joyce Bateman by 722 votes.

Elmwood-Transcona in Manitoba, won by Conservative MP Lawrence Toet by 300 votes.

Yukon won by Conservative Ryan Leef by 132 votes

Edited by stopstaaron

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/ottawa-notebook/robo-calls-sleuth-closes-in-on-election-fraudster-pierre-poutine/article2383841/

Elections Canada investigators have obtained more data to help them unmask the robo-calls fraudster who hid behind the alias “Pierre Poutine.”

The election watchdog has obtained records from Rogers Communications, the Internet service provider used by an unknown political operative when he arranged misleading robo-calls to voters in Guelph, Ont., during the 2011 federal ballot.

Elections Canada recently sought a production order from an Ontario court for records from Rogers – although associated documents are currently unavailable to the public. Rogers has refused all comment on the matter.

This is not going to go away for the Tories because the investigation is going to be long and drawn out. To make matters worse, the way they handled it is an absolute trainwreck. If they would have just sided with the "electoral fraud is completely unacceptable" crowd from the beginning, they could later at least pretended to be shocked if it ends up being one of their own. They could have setup an inquiry to show that they really want to get to the bottom of this and that they stand for justice. Nope. They dropped the ball. Got defensive. Called it a smear campaign. Blamed the Liberals. Blamed a rogue campaign worker. That doesn't look good when nobody knows exactly what happened. Now the fact that this investigation is going to take months if not years to complete. This will be burned indelibly into the minds of the Canadian electorate. If a Conservative is responsible for this mess, it will not just go away. Not after months and months of investigations and reports. The Tories dropped the ball by not showing full and open co-operation with this from the beginning. That was a serious tactical error on the part of PMSH and there's no going back now. There's only one thing left to consider: why didn't they cooperate fully from day 1?

This is not going to go away for the Tories because the investigation is going to be long and drawn out. To make matters worse, the way they handled it is an absolute trainwreck. If they would have just sided with the "electoral fraud is completely unacceptable" crowd from the beginning, they could later at least pretended to be shocked if it ends up being one of their own. They could have setup an inquiry to show that they really want to get to the bottom of this and that they stand for justice. Nope. They dropped the ball. Got defensive. Called it a smear campaign. Blamed the Liberals. Blamed a rogue campaign worker. That doesn't look good when nobody knows exactly what happened. Now the fact that this investigation is going to take months if not years to complete. This will be burned indelibly into the minds of the Canadian electorate. If a Conservative is responsible for this mess, it will not just go away. Not after months and months of investigations and reports. The Tories dropped the ball by not showing full and open co-operation with this from the beginning. That was a serious tactical error on the part of PMSH and there's no going back now. There's only one thing left to consider: why didn't they cooperate fully from day 1?

It doesn't seem like its going away for anyone, but since you are obviously biased against one particular party I suggest again that you present the evidence you obviously have to elections Canada, otherwise you don't really have anything of merit to say.

It doesn't seem like its going away for anyone, but since you are obviously biased against one particular party I suggest again that you present the evidence you obviously have to elections Canada, otherwise you don't really have anything of merit to say.

Dean!!!

Better get ready for P&P...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2012/03/27/pol-robocalls-legal-challenge.html

Robocalls trigger legal challenges in 7 ridings

The seven ridings are:

Don Valley East in Ontario, won by Conservative MP Joe Daniel by 870 votes.

Nipissing-Timiskaming in Ontario, won by Conservative MP Jay Aspin by 18 votes.

Saskatoon-Rosetown-Biggar in Saskatchewan, won by Conservative Kelly Block by 538 votes.

Vancouver Island North in B.C., won by Conservative John Duncan by 1,827 votes.

Winnipeg South Centre in Manitoba, won by Conservative MP Joyce Bateman by 722 votes.

Elmwood-Transcona in Manitoba, won by Conservative MP Lawrence Toet by 300 votes.

Yukon won by Conservative Ryan Leef by 132 votes

Council of Canadians. Another NDP activist sub-group, YAWN.