• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing we know for sure, the people who did this, were supporting the Conservatives.

If I was the conservatives' leader, I would put all the efforts to catch those people and show that I have nothing to do with it. But the behavior of the conservatives regarding this is rather suspicious.

Emails show that Elections Canada warned the CPC about misleading poll change calls before the May 2nd election.

[The emails] cast doubt on the theory, advanced by some Conservatives, that reports of so-called “poll-moving calls” were invented by voters who flooded Elections Canada with nearly 1400 complaints after news of the robocalls scandal first broke in February.

Is the Conservative Narrative Starting to Crumble?

http://www.ipolitics.ca/2012/11/19/is-the-tory-narrative-staring-to-crumble/

Here is Anita Hawdur, an Elections Canada officer, in an email a day before the 2011 election, the one in which the Conservatives are accused of attempting to rig the vote by directing voters to the wrong polling stations.

The polling station numbers given out by the Conservative Party … are all wrong,” she writes to the agency’s lawyer. Later in the day she writes again: “The workers in the returning office think these people are running a scam.” In another, she says that some returning officers are reporting that people making calls falsely identified themselves as being from Elections Canada.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Red Flags were up at EC.

The level of non co-operation from the Conservatives is not surprising.

Is the Conservative Narrative Starting to Crumble?

http://www.ipolitics...ing-to-crumble/

Here is Anita Hawdur, an Elections Canada officer, in an email a day before the 2011 election, the one in which the Conservatives are accused of attempting to rig the vote by directing voters to the wrong polling stations.

The polling station numbers given out by the Conservative Party … are all wrong,” she writes to the agency’s lawyer. Later in the day she writes again: “The workers in the returning office think these people are running a scam.” In another, she says that some returning officers are reporting that people making calls falsely identified themselves as being from Elections Canada.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Red Flags were up at EC.

Then why did we have to wait to hear this now, if true you would think they would have been all over it back then, media also.

Then why did we have to wait to hear this now, if true you would think they would have been all over it back then, media also.

Are you just tuning in now PIK? Somehow I doubt that.

Have you ever requested information via the FOI act?

Time is on the investigators side. In the meantime I am going to see how many other CPC insiders take a timeout in a foreign country.

Red Flags were up at EC.

Neither is the level of derision and contempt Harper's base of support's - aka the majority of Canadians, apparently - continues to display for any loser who didn't vote for him or who otherwise has the unmitigated gall to doubt his honesty.

That said I'm ready to embrace the trend towards more personal in-your-face politics. We need more of it in Canada. I'm looking forward to ripping into a few of my fellow voters at the next all-candidates meetings. I really don't give too much of a shit what the candidates have to say, you can't believe any of it anyway, but I do think they need to see first hand the polarizing effects of their machinations on the citizens they would lead. I also think as citizens that we should stop hiding behind politicians and take our vast differences to the streets in our communities where we live.

I'm sick to death of the ideological sycophancy that always leaves me feeling like kicking the crap out of something. If it's a race to the lowest common denominator in politics that Canadians really want then lets cut to the chase.

Strange that if the E.C. did have a smoking gun that they wouldn't have announced it or used it, this is pretty suspicious coming a week before 3 by elections.

This article from the Ottawa Citizen puts things in perspective with regards to "Robocalls" allegedly made outside of Guelph:

“Despite a vigorous advertising campaign and the assistance of two federal political parties, not a single witness has been brought before the Court to testify that anyone has ever failed to vote as a result of these alleged calls,” the MPs say in a court document filed this week.

Even the applicants themselves admit they voted, the MPs note.

“The applicants allege that they received these calls, but admit they all voted normally,” the Conservatives argue.

“The applicants plead mass disenfranchisement, but none of them were disenfranchised.”

Link: http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Tory+challenge+claim+mass+disenfranchisement+misleading/7584830/story.html

So is it the CBC or Elections Canada that is the bigger enemy of the state here, in your opinion?

And goddamn that Freedom of Information Act eh? Imagine the temerity of thinking anyone has a right to penetrate official secrecy.

I don't think anyone is the 'enemy of the State', your words, not mine.

If you read a another Ottawa citizen article and Brian Lilley's take on it, you'll find that the daring duo are being a tad misleading.

I would suggest you change the subject line [Conservative Party] of your email to something more neutral, as we do not know who is behind these calls

Lilley:

They [Maher and McGregor] have an agenda and they aren’t looking for the truth at around the 4 min. point

http://www.sunnewsne...a/1978999272001

Edited by scribblet

Daniel Dickens has some questions for Maher and is there a leak at Elections Canada

http://www.danieldic...(Daniel Dickin)

I heard EC was leaking information to Canada411!!!!

It's so easy to use the internet to find numbers...

Pretty hard hitting questions too!

From whom did Maher obtain these voters’ information?

How many times did Maher attempt to contact them?

At what times of the day did Maher attempt to contact them?

What exactly did Maher say to these individuals once he got a hold of them?

What exactly did these individuals say to Maher?

How did Maher contact these voters? Elections Canada apparently does not track phone numbers, so are we to believe Maher contacted over 500 people by mail – and by postal code only, no less?

Meanwhile the headlines the other day , were about people complaining that thier names are on a list of donors for the con party, but then when the cons showed up with the checks, the people said they did it but forgot, so really how many people that said they recieved calls can be believed. Time to end this.

Meanwhile the headlines the other day , were about people complaining that thier names are on a list of donors for the con party, but then when the cons showed up with the checks, the people said they did it but forgot, so really how many people that said they recieved calls can be believed. Time to end this.

That leap in logic would get you over the Grand Canyon.

Newly released Elections Canada evidence confirms widespread voter suppression campaign

“This evidence confirms what the applicants have been saying all along - the voter suppression campaign was widespread and stretched far beyond the riding of Guelph,” says Garry Neil, Executive Director of the Council of Canadians, which is supporting the cases. “It also shows that more than a thousand Canadians came forward to Elections Canada, although many of them are reluctant to be named publicly.”

A full list of ridings affected and some of the complainants are named int his release.

Oh.... my bad. The CPC is cooperating blink.png

Conservative MP Pierre Poilievre provided no new explanation, referring only to the party's co-operation with investigators on the Guelph allegations.

However, the production order shows it's taking months for the party's lawyer to arrange interviews for Dickson. He first spoke with Arthur Hamilton on Aug. 7, in a phone call in which Hamilton asked Dickson to go through him with any requests.

"On Aug. 30, 2012, I spoke with Mr. Hamilton by telephone and discussed with him the issue of whether the Conservative Party or its candidate in several [electoral districts] noted herein made such calls. He advised me he would look into the matter and reply," Dickson wrote.

"On Sept. 20, 2012, Mr. Hamilton advised me he will put the request forward for a response. On Oct. 2, 2012, Mr. Hamilton advised me that he will attempt to arrange for me to speak directly with the appropriate campaign official. On Oct. 30, 2012, Mr. Hamilton advised me that he anticipates being able to facilitate such meetings in the near future."

rolleyes.gif

http://news.ca.msn.com/top-stories/elections-canada-investigates-call-complaints-in-56-ridings