US is being too loud.

Nor was that the intent. You, as the older adult ( :lol: ) should know that.

My life is almost over...most of yours is still out front. No wonder you are so scared of such things

You have a view that requires you to see things as you do. Your response to my query isn't about what troubles me (and yes, the misguided idea that Canada is somehow in turmoil, the attempt to create a conflict where little to none exists, does trouble me), but rather, your own insecurities in relation to the current state of America, and America's dominant place in the world.

The record clearly shows that you will challenge any notion of conflict or separation in Canada. Perhaps you suffered a terrible divorce as a child? The United States is the same as it ever was, complete with "turmoil", and I accept it as all good. From the very beginning, Canada has represented the UnCola.

Your posts are actually far more revealing than you would like them to be, I'm sure.

Guess again....my posts are purposeful and designed to evoke response. Just as you are doing now, even after swearing to ignore me even in Hell.

Have a nice day.

I always do...I live in...America.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest American Woman

You have a view that requires you to see things as you do.

Actually, you're pushing your view on us - you are saying that we must see Canada as the "most important nation to the U.S." We are stating that there are other nations that are just as important - for different reasons - as you insist that Canada is "more important/most important" - and then you're upset because the American media doesn't act in accordance with your view.

Actually, you're pushing your view on us - you are saying that we must see Canada as the "most important nation to the U.S." We are stating that there are other nations that are just as important - for different reasons - as you insist that Canada is "more important/most important" - and then you're upset because the American media doesn't act in accordance with your view.

'Zactly !! But we have seen this imbalance manifested in many other ways. The Canadian identity seemingly only exists by not only recognizing but rejecting American culture to make any differential distinction. The Americans do not have to recognize Canadian culture to define themselves.

And? Is Iraq the definition off relationship with America?

The poster Bush_Cheney made my point but allow me to emphasize, this is partly due to Canada's decision not to endorse the war in Iraq. I say partly because there are other factors, but the Iraq war was seen by Americans as payback for 9/11, Because Saddam had the WMD and supported Al Quaeda. So when Canada said they weren't going to participate, this was seized by the US media and by George Bush to demonize us. Those Americans, they ruined everything. Damn them, idiots...

... So when Canada said they weren't going to participate, this was seized by the US media and by George Bush to demonize us. Those Americans, they ruined everything. Damn them, idiots...

Agreed...the WMD pretext and subsequent invasion of Iraq by US/UK/AUS and other nations fundamentally rejected Canada's self anointed and perceived role as a major player with "moral" currency to bless the war. Instantly, Canada became irrelevant, and now even Canadians could not ignore the reality. Ironically, Canada received more attention in US media by not being the most important.

I don't expect American media to act in accordance with my view, I was simply making an observation. That Said, this idea that somehow, many countries are equally important to the US for different reasons is not very well thought out. There are no two countries more integrated in terms of economics and security than the US and Canada, and insisting that other countries are just as important in the face of that is nonsense. There is a reason that the US president almost always comes to Canada first.

Geography has made us neighbors. History has made us friends. Economics has made us partners. And necessity has made us allies. Those whom nature hath so joined together, let no man put asunder.

Read more at the American Presidency Project: John F. Kennedy: Address Before the Canadian Parliament in Ottawa. http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=8136#ixzz1m6avWzUx

Edited by Smallc

Guest American Woman

I don't expect American media to act in accordance with my view, I was simply making an observation. That Said, this idea that somehow, many countries are equally important to the US for different reasons is not very well thought out.

Yes, smallc - it is very well thought out. Just because it's counter to your belief doesn't mean it's not well thought out. <_< Furthermore, that's the way it is.

There are no two countries more integrated in terms of economics and security than the US and Canada, and insisting that other countries are just as important in the face of that is nonsense. There is a reason that the US president almost always comes to Canada first.

Because you are important - no one has said otherwise - AND you are our neighbor; however, it's not evidence that proves your claim, as you seem to think it is.

Geography has made us neighbors. History has made us friends. Economics has made us partners. And necessity has made us allies. Those whom nature hath so joined together, let no man put asunder.

Read more at the American Presidency Project: John F. Kennedy: Address Before the Canadian Parliament in Ottawa. http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=8136#ixzz1m6avWzUx

Nothing in that quote says that Canada is the "most important" country to the U.S.; what it says is true, no one is denying that, but again, it's not saying what you are claiming - and it's what, about 50 years old?

Yes, Canada is very important to the United States, but it's not the "most" important - and again, no nation holds that distinction.

I'm not sure why this is so difficult. Energy, security, economy, etc, etc. there is a country that is most important to the US, whether or not resident Americans on this forum want to admit it. It's this one (well, definitely this one, since I'm currently in the US, but I mean Canada) and it's pretty hard to deny that. This isn't me trying to feel important, it's just a pretty simple reality.

I'm not sure why this is so difficult. Energy, security, economy, etc, etc. there is a country that is most important to the US, whether or not resident Americans on this forum want to admit it. It's this one (well, definitely this one, since I'm currently in the US, but I mean Canada) and it's pretty hard to deny that. This isn't me trying to feel important, it's just a pretty simple reality.

No, it's pretty much you wanting it to be so...and reflected in US media attention. How many billions of dollars did US taxpayers cough up for aid to Canada compared to other nations and international interests? How many US troops have died in/for Canada compared to other nations?

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Also, thr Canadian Embassy to the United States of America is the closest to Capitol Hill, and thr US Embassy to Canada was personally dedicated by Bill Clinton, the first time in history a president has ever done that.

Wow...Bill Clinton! Then surely that American embassy must be the most important of all. But wait, didn't the USA just spend over $1,000,000,000 dollars for its embassy in Iraq?

Transport Canada doesn't think that it's okay yet....ate why it has to be turned off at the US border. Also, the air to ground system won't work very well,over Canada, as it requires close proximity cellular towers. It's supposed to be coming...hopefully soon, as most of my flying is in country. Delta actually doesn't seem to be a bad airline though....although if I ever go toVegas again (not my thing, but Cirque and the national parks around are awesome), I'll fly direct with Westjet, wifi or no.

It's actually too bad there wasn't a city similar to Vegas (Niagara Falls is too small) that could provide Cirque a venue to perform....and there aren't too many large hot deserts I can go see in Canada.

Hmm...I was in Las Vegas last month...counted at least three "Cirque" shows on the Strip. Guess that's where the tourists are.

Canada has no equivalent to 'Vegas. "Regina baby!" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Why was it necessary for you to repeat what I said? Wow, you enjoy this too much. I believe there are current 6 Cirque shows in Vegas: Love, O, Ka, Mystere, Zumanity, and Chris Angel.

Because I wanted to...my family has been living in 'Vegas since 1968 and Elvis' comeback. We call "Ka"..."Ca-ca".